Fone Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:41:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Network T&C's and Acceptable Use Policies (AUP)  (Read 4346 times)
davegr
Administrator

« on: October 05, 2019, 07:33:11 PM »

Hi all,

I'm sure some of us have had issues with fixed and mobile networks suspending or terminating service for various reasons, usually made up as they go along.

I had reason to check Vodafone's Acceptable Usage Policy today and the most interesting part is this:

You must not resell our services. You’re not to use, or allow anyone else to use, our services or SIM cards to contact numbers that pay any type of revenue (including, but not limited to, call forwarding services, concurrent calling, paging services, onward calling services).
Don’t: make unusually high volumes of calls or make calls to earn financial revenue or other reward.

"numbers that pay any type of revenue" would basically include any kind of number, because they all provide revenue to somebody and the AUP does not mention any particular recipient of the revenue.

"call forwarding services, concurrent calling, paging services, onward calling services" means you can't call 070 numbers, or any number which you know to be forwarded, nor can you make use of GSM conference calling for any purpose or call pagers (not that most of us do).

"or make calls to earn financial revenue or other reward" could rule out all kinds of things, for example, competition lines, calling a company to register an extended warranty, basically anything which gives you something in return.

Sure, we might know what Vodafone means to say but they are simply not saying it and it's probably not wise to read between the lines, unless you are a lawyer!

I also wonder whether if from a regulatory perspective, such limitations would be acceptable.
Trivette
Learner

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 03:35:48 PM »

I hate it when they're being deliberately vague like that. No everyone's a lawyer for Pete's sake. haha
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: