Fone Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:10:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlimited International Calls from O2  (Read 108040 times)
wali

« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »

Thanks for sharing the good news with us wali.        Smiley

Was this on O2 contract, or Pay & Go ?        Undecided

You welcome boss.Mine was  a Pay As You Go sim.
Ganjbakhash is right there is some quality problem i been using since 3 days and i face the same poor voice qualityfor pakistan.some time call has been disconnected.
@twister32: when you register for pakistan they give you an 0203 access number to call pakistan i think ganjbkhash is calling from uk not from pakistan
cheers
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:18:55 PM by moonandstar » Logged
mike

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2010, 09:32:44 AM »

You welcome boss.Mine was  a Pay As You Go sim.
Ganjbakhash is right there is some quality problem i been using since 3 days and i face the same poor voice qualityfor pakistan.some time call has been disconnected.
@twister32: when you register for pakistan they give you an 0203 access number to call pakistan i think ganjbkhash is calling from uk not from pakistan
cheers

Are you being charged for calling the 0203 accrss number on your pay & go?   Undecided

wali

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2010, 09:38:15 AM »

I have been only charge for the first call i made.They will refund that amount.0203 access numbers are free on Pay As You Go Sim as well.
mobileman

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2010, 09:45:08 AM »

I have been only charge for the first call i made.They will refund that amount.0203 access numbers are free on Pay As You Go Sim as well.

That is good news for many of us wail.  Thanks!    Smiley

ganjbakhash

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »

(((ganjbakhash)))    a friend of mine registered and he got some EU country number to call from Pakistan not Pakistani local number did you get Pakistani number or some other?

Hello Twister32. Actually at the moment in this package, Pakistan is not included to get call back local number and I don't have any to call back at my O2 UK mobile. I am only calling from my UK mob to Pakistan. If I want to get call back land line number then I have to chose their given list, that is Europe (ex UK), America, Canada etc., may be I don't need at the moment.

Any way There are really some problems while dialing back home on this service. Don't know they may could fix these and continue in future! If the same quality and connectivity is provided by them, it sounds this service going to close soon.

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
Dave
Global Moderator

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2010, 10:41:35 AM »

(((ganjbakhash)))    a friend of mine registered and he got some EU country number to call from Pakistan not Pakistani local number did you get Pakistani number or some other?

ganjbakhash is quite right twister32: it is not very intelligent of you to complain that you haven't got a local number in Pakistan when the service doesn't offer that!    Roll Eyes

Did you not look at their website to see, before signing up?    Undecided

If you had troubled to look at their FAQs, you would have seen this statement:

And which countries can I set up my incoming international number in?
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, USA.
    Wink

It seems to be time that you woke up, or gave yourself a good shake, or something!    Shocked

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2010, 04:13:01 PM »

ganjbakhash is quite right twister32: it is not very intelligent of you to complain that you haven't got a local number in Pakistan when the service doesn't offer that!    Roll Eyes

Did you not look at their website to see, before signing up?    Undecided

If you had troubled to look at their FAQs, you would have seen this statement:

And which countries can I set up my incoming international number in?
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, USA.
    Wink

It seems to be time that you woke up, or gave yourself a good shake, or something!    Shocked

Twister32, why not set it up in Poland? Perhaps my grandma would like to call you? Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:54:04 PM by Dave » Logged

twister32

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2010, 04:58:01 PM »

delaro good idea i will set it in poland and give it you you for your grandma  lol. and sorry dave you right.
petkow

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2010, 09:33:03 PM »

I have now setup this service and am using it. Here is my review so far:
1. I have had 2 cases of the call getting cut off before my entitled 1 hour.
2. Call quality is OK but certainly not the best. A bit "tinny" and Voipy at times.
3. Ring tones are not the true rings for the country you are calling but instead are a Voip emulated tone (I think a USA one)
4. People who try to call you on the supplied foreign DID do not hear UK telephone ring tones but again foreign sounding ones.
5. Calls made to the DID that is supplied in the foreign country get picked up straight away (and charged from the first second), even though I may not actually pick up the phone here.
6. There are excessive delays between making the call until the other party picks up. This occurs both on incoming and outgoing sides of the system.

Points 5 and 6 are a bit of a problem for people who may want to try to use the system for Callback purposes. (Such as via the phone2phone feature on one of the Betamax brands). The problem is that the callback platform will think you have successfully picked up the call and then already begins to dial the person you are trying to call before you have even had a chance to pickup your phone in the first place.  Having said that, I tried a callback today and it worked OK as the person I was calling luckily took some time to answer. With a callback in place, I managed an hours long callback from my mobile that has a foreign landline associated with it (through o2 IFF) and another destination that classes as "Free" on rynga.com. Therefore an hours long call only cost me the 5c (eurocent) Rynga.com call setup fee for phone2phone dialling.

Obviously making use of callback and Betamax (e.g. Rynga.com) enables you to make outgoing calls to more numbers than the single one that they allow for the minimum 5 pound subscription. It also allows you to make hour long calls to any UK 01, 02 and 03 number for only 5c (eurocent) per call. Not bad at all! Bear in mind that Betamax generally only allow 300mins of 'free' calls per week.

If anyone else has specific questions, or wants me to test something, then do not hesitate to ask me.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:21:24 AM by petkow » Logged
HiPD

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2010, 09:53:30 PM »

The one thing I should like to know is whether you can get away with nominating a foreign callthrough service.  Wink

I don't suppose you would like to test that petkow?  Undecided

A message from the dark side you have Wink
petkow

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2010, 10:19:02 PM »

The one thing I should like to know is whether you can get away with nominating a foreign callthrough service.  Wink

I don't suppose you would like to test that petkow?  Undecided
r
I will try and perhaps do so next week. I use the system too much to my designated number to be able to change it for now. Do you mean the Irish one or which one in particular?
petkow

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2010, 12:10:43 AM »

The offer has also now been suspended for new customers!  Sad
See: http://iff.o2.co.uk/CloseReg.aspx
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:34:06 AM by petkow » Logged
andy

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2010, 12:10:54 AM »

"We’ve had enormous excitement about this great offer. We are making a few changes to the offer, so we’re not accepting new customers at the moment."

I'm minded to only slightly (one letter) modify something Spike Milligan once said about Prince Charles, after the latter had praised him in a letter read out at an awards ceremony

oh, the little grovelling bastards
petkow

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2010, 12:24:07 AM »

oh, the little grovelling bastards
What a great man he was! 

Who knows... maybe these 'Princes' also read this forum?
HiPD

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2010, 06:36:28 AM »

I will try and perhaps do so next week. I use the system too much to my designated number to be able to change it for now. Do you mean the Irish one or which one in particular?

Thanks for replying petkow.  Yes I meant Irish 818 or 700 numbers.  I realize that O2 have suspended the offer now, but hopefully this is to make a few changes, and not a prelude to its withdrawal.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 08:26:03 AM by mobaholic » Logged

A message from the dark side you have Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: