Fone Forum
May 16, 2024, 10:57:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O2 Fair usage policy question and removal of bolt on  (Read 12744 times)
jagga303

« on: September 12, 2012, 05:21:49 PM »

Hi

Does anyone know where one stands when:

O2 has removed a bolt on from a mobile number because this person has exceeded the FUP only for one month? This tariff had FUP of 10000 minutes in one month, and it was exceeded only in one month since 2007. They gave no warning about reducing usage but sent letter to say from next month it will be removed as have exceeded FUP over last 6 months, where in fact it was only one month.

Now bolt on has been removed and have tried to sort issue out with their complaints review service, and they say as it was old tariff and no longer available, once bolt on is removed, it gets archived and there is no way it can be added again. Is this correct?

The tariff is the same but without the bolt on which was unlimited off peak on a business contract.

Any ideas folks???
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 06:22:34 PM »

Sounds like they are trying to find a way to get rid of you. Depending on how much the contract costs, you could consider changing to O2 "On & On"?
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 06:26:45 PM »

Sounds like they are trying to find a way to get rid of you.

Lol. I wouldn't blame them  Cheesy, no offence jagga303  Smiley
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 07:09:42 PM »

candidness costs a fortune these days...

Anyway - back to the subject.

I thought o2 doesn't have FUP, but excessive use policy instead.

dlR

jagga303

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 07:12:59 PM »

candidness costs a fortune these days...

Anyway - back to the subject.

I thought o2 doesn't have FUP, but excessive use policy instead.

dlR
This particular contract costs £ 6.00 per month with unlimited off peak minutes to landline and cross networks with FUP of 10000 minutes per month.
This tariff was available for a limited time in 2007.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »

This particular contract costs £ 6.00 per month with unlimited off peak minutes to landline and cross networks with FUP of 10000 minutes per month.
This tariff was available for a limited time in 2007.

2007 - that rings the bell.

The tariff was obviously too good to keep it.

I doubt you'll get it back, but if I was you I'd ring them a few times in hope I've come across a smooth C/S agent.

Also, I don't suppose you got anything instead, so a tariff change would probably be the best option.

Don't forget to go through the retention team as an unhappy customer Wink. That always pays off.

HTH.

dlR

Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 07:55:23 PM »

If all else fails it could be worth making a formal complaint to the telecoms ombudsman service that O2 are a member of. They should take a look at the matter and they can force a mobile network to rectify the situation. If O2 have not acted as they should, then you have a good case.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
jagga303

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 09:32:13 PM »

If all else fails it could be worth making a formal complaint to the telecoms ombudsman service that O2 are a member of. They should take a look at the matter and they can force a mobile network to rectify the situation. If O2 have not acted as they should, then you have a good case.

Thanks Mikael. I have been told by o2 they will let me know their final position on the matter tomorrow. If it's not to my liking then it's to the Ombudsman.
By the way i forgot to mention, they said they sent me a letter in June informing me of the removal of bolt on, which I never received and hence my next month's bill was nearly £300 instead of the usual £6.00.
I explained this to them and they said it was sent in June and if you didn't receive it, that's between you and Royal Mail to sort out. O2 then said as a good will gesture they will reduce the bill by £100 down to approx £200.
jagga303

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 09:33:40 PM »

2007 - that rings the bell.

The tariff was obviously too good to keep it.

I doubt you'll get it back, but if I was you I'd ring them a few times in hope I've come across a smooth C/S agent.

Also, I don't suppose you got anything instead, so a tariff change would probably be the best option.

Don't forget to go through the retention team as an unhappy customer Wink. That always pays off.

HTH.

dlR
When I call up I can only speak to the same person from the complaints review team as he's the one dealing with my case.
jagga303

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 09:34:27 PM »

No offence taken mate. But I know where you're coming from.  Grin
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 09:42:07 PM »

Thanks Mikael. I have been told by o2 they will let me know their final position on the matter tomorrow. If it's not to my liking then it's to the Ombudsman.
By the way i forgot to mention, they said they sent me a letter in June informing me of the removal of bolt on, which I never received and hence my next month's bill was nearly £300 instead of the usual £6.00.
I explained this to them and they said it was sent in June and if you didn't receive it, that's between you and Royal Mail to sort out. O2 then said as a good will gesture they will reduce the bill by £100 down to approx £200.

Well they will need to provide a copy of the letter if the matter goes further. I suspect there was no letter. It is very common for mobile networks to say they have sent letters when in fact they have done no such thing. It is odd how they did not try to call you or send any text message either?

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
jagga303

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 10:26:30 PM »

Well they will need to provide a copy of the letter if the matter goes further. I suspect there was no letter. It is very common for mobile networks to say they have sent letters when in fact they have done no such thing. It is odd how they did not try to call you or send any text message either?
Well in past few days they have sent me a copy of the letter which is dated back in June, though I think that can be done recently as well.
I asked about why not send me a text or call me to tell me about the removal of bolt on and they said when a bolt on is being removed we only inform customers in writing and not by any other method.
jagga303

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 10:09:32 AM »

I've had no luck with O2, so I will be taking this matter further with the ombudsman.
Anyone know which is the best way for me to proceed?  I've never had to deal with the ombudsman before.
jagga303

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 08:06:04 PM »

UPDATE:
Ombudsman has taken my complaint on, but said they cannot do anything about O2 removing the bolt on as it is in their T&C's.
They did say they will see if they can get O2 to refund me the £300 bill.
In the meantime I have cancelled the business contract.

Waiting for result now about the refund.

Jagga303
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 08:28:21 PM »

thanks for the update and good luck!

dlR

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: