Fone Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:00:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyfire updates mobile browser for Symbian  (Read 5147 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: January 21, 2010, 02:49:05 PM »

Skyfire 1.5 for Symbian supports high-res screens and a refreshed user interface

Skyfire has updated its namesake mobile browser with a new 1.5 release for Symbian smartphones, adding support for high-resolution screens and a refreshed user interface.

Launched last year, Skyfire is a free download designed to deliver a full web experience on Windows Mobile and Symbian handsets, supporting Flash, Java and Silverlight content plus the ability to link with social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.

Version 1.5 adds a number of enhancements to Symbian phones with Nokia's S60 3rd edition, and is also now available in a beta version for S60 5th edition phones.

Skyfire 1.5 for Windows Mobile was released in December.

For S60 3rd edition, the updated release adds smoother scrolling and all-round improved performance, according to Skyfire.

The new beta for S60 5th edition features a "finger friendly" user interface for touch-screen handsets, auto-rotation of the display if the user twists the phone from landscape to portrait view (and vice versa), and a full-screen view with no controls showing to maximise page visibility.

Skyfire chief executive Jeff Glueck said that the update delivers crisp and stunning high-resolution video, text and images.

The browser can be downloaded from http://get.skyfire.com/.

Source:-   V3.co.uk.

PS.  Symbian mobile phones currently on sale include handsets in the Nokia’s Series 60 range, the UIQ models from Sony Ericsson, as well as selected Samsung handsets.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 02:54:19 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
andy

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 03:06:45 PM »

done, though haven't played with it yet

I don't want to sound like an old git, but I wish they would have a larger text size when entering searches and URLs. There is an improvement in this, but could usefully have been just a bit more for this phone (E51)
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »

done, though haven't played with it yet

I don't want to sound like an old git, but I wish they would have a larger text size when entering searches and URLs. There is an improvement in this, but could usefully have been just a bit more for this phone (E51)

LOL !        Grin

Well I have no idea of your age andy, but if you want to complain about small text, have you ever tried the Bolt browser ?        Undecided
The text size on that is small enough for anyone to complain about !        Shocked

( Just for the record, I have never actually tried the Skyfire, of any version, as yet.  Cry )

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 11:49:46 PM »

I've tried Skyfire long time ago (version 0.95 or sth). I found it memory consuming and very slow working.

Different story with BOLT. I did like it. A bit slower than Opera, but it copes better with showing the web pages - especially on small screens.

kind regards
delaro

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: