Fone Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:48:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O2's Simplicity 12 months deals.  (Read 6049 times)
Graham

« on: February 28, 2010, 10:44:35 PM »

O2 are now offering some better value 12 month sim only contracts, for those of us not looking to upgrade our handsets: eg. 300  minutes, unlimited texts and an unlimited O2 to O2 or an unlimited landline bolt-on for £10 a month.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/simplicity-12

Furthermore, by using a cashback site such as Quidco or Topcashback, additional savings can be made. Smiley
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »

Both unlimited SMS AND unlimited calls - to either landlines or O2 numbers - looks interesting to me.        Wink

Good spot: well done Graham !        Smiley

It's a pity about it being only available on a 12 month contract.        Cry

Any idea Graham about what the FUP on this is regarding texts ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
andy

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 10:06:20 AM »

Simplicity is also available for 1 month contracts. But there won't be cashback for those.

The larger cashback amounts are only available from time to time, and the £50 and £100 have just ceased again for now.
Graham

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 12:27:57 PM »

You are quite right, Andy. When I first noticed this a couple of days ago, I am pretty sure Topcashback were offering £60 on any O2 12 month contract, and by the time I got round to posting, this had dropped to £25 on a 12 month sim only deal. I will check out other cashback sites to see if any other may offer better cashback for O2 at the moment and will post any positive findings.

It is only when you take out a 12 month commitment that you get offered the unlimited bolt-on for £10 a month, hence why I didn't bother to mention the Simplicity 1 month contracts in my OP.

With regards to the FUP, I am not entirely sure. However, when I made inquiries in an O2 shop several months ago I was told that O2 do not restrict you to 3000, unlike some other networks. In fact, I was told that only by going over 10 000 are you likely to get a call from customer services about excessive usage. Perhaps others on the forum may be more informed on this issue and may like to enlighten the rest of us.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:29:55 PM by Graham » Logged
andy

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 12:42:57 PM »

I think there have been 3 or 4 instances of the more generous cashback level in the last 9 months or so, £100 for the 12 months at £20, with the offer lasting typically a couple of weeks and then disappearing without a lot of notice, same on Quidco and Topcashback. This last time was only a few days.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:45:08 PM by andy » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: