Fone Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:14:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O2 CPW retentions  (Read 14796 times)
pease

« on: January 14, 2011, 10:13:59 PM »

Hi. Can anyone advice me on what's the best that CPW/O2 are offering on a sim only contract. I have come to an end of my 24 month contract for £5. which gave me  600mins 1000texts. any advice is wellcom ed. Thanks. Smiley
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:39:34 PM »

Hi. Can anyone advice me on what's the best that CPW/O2 are offering on a sim only contract. I have come to an end of my 24 month contract for £5. which gave me  600mins 1000texts. any advice is wellcom ed. Thanks. Smiley

It is quite a few months since I was in touch with retentions at CPW O2, so I am not really up to date, but my guess is that they will offer to renew your contract on the same or similar terms.       Wink

I was offered a 12 month deal, costing £5 per month, for 600 minutes, 1000 texts, and unlimited landline calls.       Wink

( The only reason why I did not take it was because an e2save deal, offering a new handset, 24 month contract on the Dolphin tariff, for just 99p after redemption, seemed the better option - especially as it qualified me for £46-50 cashback through TCB ! )       Smiley

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
amitjajoo

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 08:27:53 PM »

From what I have heard, CPW O2 have stopped doing the upgrades, instead they just divert you to direct O2 for whatever they can offer.

I might be wrong on this. So someone with recent talks with CPW retention can confirm otherwise  Wink
pease

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:59:50 AM »

Thanks. for your above comments. I phoned CPW requesting to end my contract. They could only offer me 300mins and texts for £10. So I decided to take my PAC. Are there any good offers on at the moment. Thanks again.
Graham

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »

Pease, E2save.com are offering a very nice deal on the Nokia 1800 at the moment. The offers are on the Orange Canary and Dolphin £25 24 month contracts which work out at £0.99 a month after redemption. The contracts give you 400 cross net minutes and 'unlimited' texts in the case of the Canary option, or 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 500 MB data with the Dolphin contract. However, before checking out the E2save.com website, register with Topcashback.com (if you haven't already) and use their link to check out the deal. If you decide it is the right deal for you, Topcashback will give you a further £46.46 if you take out the contract through them. HTH.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 01:18:49 PM »

I was offered a 12 month deal, costing £5 per month, for 600 minutes, 1000 texts, and unlimited landline calls.       Wink

I'm very interested to know how one would go about getting such a deal. What makes you so special to get such an offer from O2/CPW?
Graham

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 02:20:22 PM »

This is a cashback redemption deal, davegr. Obviously these kind of deals incur a risk on the part of the contract holder.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 03:17:54 PM »

I'm very interested to know how one would go about getting such a deal. What makes you so special to get such an offer from O2/CPW?

I *AM* very special Dave - in all sorts of ways LOL !        Grin

But seriously, the retention deal that I was offered, would have been offered to anybody who had been with them for years as I had.       Wink

But, as I said above, this was a few months back - maybe even up to a year ago.  I can't remember right now.        Embarrassed

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 08:24:02 PM »

Pease, E2save.com are offering a very nice deal on the Nokia 1800 at the moment. The offers are on the Orange Canary and Dolphin £25 24 month contracts which work out at £0.99 a month after redemption. The contracts give you 400 cross net minutes and 'unlimited' texts in the case of the Canary option, or 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 500 MB data with the Dolphin contract. However, before checking out the E2save.com website, register with Topcashback.com (if you haven't already) and use their link to check out the deal. If you decide it is the right deal for you, Topcashback will give you a further £46.46 if you take out the contract through them. HTH.

What's the catch? That's basically getting a contract and making a profit.
mobileman

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 09:34:44 AM »

What's the catch? That's basically getting a contract and making a profit.

You gave the wrong quote davegr.   Roll Eyes

What Graham actually said was:

This is a cashback redemption deal, davegr. Obviously these kind of deals incur a risk on the part of the contract holder.   Wink

There are very obvious risks with any cashback deal, which is why those providing them calculate that only 50%, say, will qualify to receive theirs, factoring in such assumptions into their calculations.  Shocked

A surprising number can't be bothered to claim theirs.  Many fail to comply with the full terms and conditions (e.g. not paying off their bill in full one month, or failing to send in their claim by the due date), some outfits go bust and can't pay out, and some dishonestly refuse valid claims on some trumped up basis.  Huh

e2save is an outfit belonging to the carphonewarehouse, so the dangers of bankruptcy are probably small.  However, many have had trouble with even their cashback claims sometimes.   Cry

I believe it is this to which Graham was referring.  Wink

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 09:52:04 AM »

Actually I made the correct quote, look a couple of posts previous to the one you quoted.

If you can get a contract for £0.99 per month after redemption and also get £46.46 via topcashback, then assuming a 24 month contract length and that you do qualify for the redemption, you will make a profit of £22.70.

24 x £0.99 = £23.76
£46.46 - £23.76 = £22.70

I repeat, what's the catch? Cheesy The risk I suppose...
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 10:26:06 AM »

Actually I made the correct quote, look a couple of posts previous to the one you quoted.

If you can get a contract for £0.99 per month after redemption and also get £46.46 via topcashback, then assuming a 24 month contract length and that you do qualify for the redemption, you will make a profit of £22.70.

24 x £0.99 = £23.76
£46.46 - £23.76 = £22.70

I repeat, what's the catch? Cheesy The risk I suppose...

Dave the quote you gave did not refer to any risk, so your question about where's the catch made little sense.        Cry

mm was correct in giving the quote where Graham DID refer to the risk.       Wink

He was also right in what he said about redemption contracts.  I speak from personal experience when I say that, so far, I have always got my cashback from e2save, *BUT* I once had to go through weeks of disputes with them, and their appeals' procedure, before they acknowledged the authenticity of my claim.  So there are always risks.       Wink

Although your maths is correct, you failed to take into account the costs involved.  On 24 month contracts with e2save, you have to submit 5 claims, all by recorded delivery.  This adds up to nearly £6 ( even if none go astray in the post, which does happen ), so the margin is not as great as you suggest.  However, if you can be bothered with all the hassles, and decide to take the risk, you do end up with a small profit as you say ( but may lose a few hours due to sleepless nights ! )       Wink

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 11:41:58 AM »

Thanks for the clarification mh.

I guess you can avoid too many sleepless nights by claiming a "free" gift, or cheque-back. Not quite so profitable but better for your psychological health? Cheesy

Graham

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 12:32:42 PM »

Davegr, I would just add that my experience of redemption deals with Carphone Warehouse group companies has been positive, on the whole. In the past, I have had to chase for some redemption payments on odd occasions, but I would say that with E2save, particularly over the last couple of years, all of my claims have been paid within 3 weeks of being submitted. MH is right to say that you have to factor in recorded delivery postage costs, of course, but all in all, 'so far so good' would sum up my own experience. However, I speak as I find..others may have had very different experiences.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 01:00:23 PM »

Thanks for the info Graham.

Does anybody know exactly what's in it for E2Save, or anywhere that offers such a deal for Three?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: