Fone Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:07:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iphone 3g on 3 (three network uk) but Not for All  (Read 5495 times)
umeepatel

« on: September 28, 2009, 11:19:41 AM »

Good news for who on 3 three. Just read this post 

I PHONE DETAILS IN 3G

Customers have been telling us that they are leaving 3 because we don’t range the iPhone. We’ve looked into this and have managed to source a small quantity of phones for sale ONLY in the Premier League Outbound Retentions team.From Monday 14 September 2009, the Premier League Outbound Retentions team will REACTIVELY offer the iPhone 3G to H1, H2 and H3 value customers only, who notify us that they want to leave because we don’t range the iPhone.The iPhone is a unique touch screen device which is great for the internet, with maps with GPS, the App Store and of course Apple iTunes.The iPhone comes equipped with technology to keep you cleverly connected. It is a breakthrough internet device with rich HTML email and full web browsing. An Internet Max Add-On is compulsory with this phone to access applications such as Facebook or Email without the huge monthly bill.A factsheet will be included in every iPhone box which will provide customers more information on some services offered by 3.The Lucid Device Support Tool has been updated with the features and specifications for this handset.

iPhone 3G sales in Premier League Outbound teams

( Is it mandatory to sell an internet Add-on along with the iPhone?)

Yes, it is absolutely mandatory to sell the Add Internet Max.

· Is this the 3GS version?

No- it is the standard 3G version with many great features.

· Will Skype, Email on 3 or WLM work on this handset?

Windows Live™ Messenger

The 3 version of Windows Live™ Messenger is not available for the iPhone. There are, however, applications you can download from the App store on the iPhone which let you chat to your Windows Live™ Messenger friends, either over a Wi-Fi connection or on our network. These include Fring, Palringo and eBuddy. These apps use up your internet allowance when you send or receive chats (instant messages) when connected to our network.

The 3 version of Skype is not available on the iPhone. You can download Skype for the iPhone from Apple or Skype but you will only be able to make and receive Skype calls over a Wi-Fi connection. Find out more at www.skype.com. Another alternative is Fring, which lets you make and receive Skype calls over mobile networks and WiFi. Just be aware Fring uses your internet allowance when you make or receive calls when connected to our network.

Email on 3

Email on 3 is not available on the iPhone. Email on 3 pushes emails instantly to your mobile. The iPhone has a built-in alternative called Mail which supports Microsoft Exchange/Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo! and all other major email providers. Sending and receiving emails on your iPhone when connected to our network will use up your internet allowance.

· Will I be able to make video calls with the iPhone?

No the iPhone doesn’t support video calling and therefore you won’t be able to do this.

· Can HEART provide an iPhone as a replacement?

HEART can only provide an iPhone as a replacement if the customer upgraded originally with an iPhone.

· What is the warranty for the iPhone?

Two years.

· What happens if the device is reported as faulty within the 14DMBG and outside of the 14DMBG?

It is the standard repair process. Regenersis will exchange the handset on receipt. NOTE: Next-Day exchange service will not be available for the iPhone.

· What should I do if the iPhone is reported loss and stolen?

We can not replace the iPhone with another iPhone. You must offer an alternative touch-screen handset.

· What happens when a customer has multiple contracts and one of them is a high value, are we allowed to supply an iPhone on both contracts?

No- we can only give the iPhone to the high value contract.

nixforfun

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 01:46:19 PM »

This seems to be an internal note of "3 mobile". Interesting.... but would this & Orange's announcement lead to a fall in iPhone prices?
Goodman

I hope I didn't brain my damage

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 02:25:31 PM »

Lets hope this and most notably orange news will drop the price of the iphone

everything that can go wrong will go wrong
andy

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 03:36:42 PM »

I don't see any reason why the price would drop

Apple doesn't let it be sold cheaply, and it's still in demand.

These are probably unofficial imports from countries where the stock is not locked to networks, perhaps on sister brands, so I doubt it's likely to happen in significant numbers for a while yet
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: