Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:36:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New service calling Pakistan  (Read 9395 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: September 30, 2009, 03:23:28 PM »

There is an interesting post at http://www.telecomforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4173.msg20794#msg20794 about a new service called Nyxfone.

Looking at their website http://www.nyxfone.com/index.php they provide free calls from PC to PC, calls at 4.1 p.p.m. from a mobile to a Pakistan number via a local access number; and calls for 11.1 p.p.m. via a callback arrangement.

Calls to Pakistan mobiles are slightly more expensive.

I don't call Pakistan myself, but for those who do, it might be worth giving them a try.

Please report back on line quality and reliability if you do.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 03:25:40 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
petkow

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 07:24:45 PM »

I may be completely wrong on this, but I think this is someone who is reselling traffic (minutes) from a Betamax/Finarea company. Still the rates are quite competitive. There are slightly cheaper rates for Pakistan (less than 3p/min) if you just go directly with one of the Betamax providers whose rates can be found on: http://backsla.sh/betamax.

Though the NYXFone calls are routed via VoIP (more specifically SIP), you also have a choice of local access numbers and also a useful callback that is triggered by a missed call. In comparison, Betamax do not really offer features like direct callback which is triggered this way. Callback for Betamax is normally triggered through their site(s) or via a Java client you can download onto your mobile or by SMS. (Exception is Betamax Returncall.co.uk, whose rates are pretty awful).

There is also another interesting thing I noticed which may be of some benefit to members here who have Indian connections. This company claims to have an Indian Toll free access number, which could potetially be a cheap way to make very cheap calls from India back to the UK. Not many VoIP companies provide one of these. They usually provide them in dozens of countries around the world, but India is rare!
Check out: http://www.nyxfone.com/access_numbers.php
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 07:27:11 PM by petkow » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »

Many thanks petkow for all the additional interesting and informative details provided.        Smiley

FYI, and that of other members, the purpose of this board is to discuss new services found: such discussion does not mean that the service is being recommended for members to use.  It is simply to pool our knowledge of new services discovered.        Wink

Your contribution helps in this quest.  Thanks.        Smiley

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
prion

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 06:42:21 AM »

They have good rates to many destinations indeed. But, I have some queries.
Why do they mention only certain phone ranges for mobile destinations? For example Uk mobiles are those beginning with +4478. This is not the case of course.
Also in the access numvber page why dont they mention the toll free access numbers?
Why do I have to contact them?

Toll free access numbers should be  available to check them before buying credit.
petkow

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:27:55 AM »

Yes I noticed that too with the UK mobile range. I have an 077 so do millions of others! I presume it is an error on their rates page, though it is likely that certain 076 and 079 ranges that I was trying to find out about may have different charges!?

I also presume that access via the toll free gateway numbers may incurr higher rates or extra access charges.

I may try them out by if I can configure their SIP settings with the  built in SIP dialler on my mobile. I will report back when I do.

Also I've been on the hunt for a reliable UK number based callback platform for a while. I'd be curious to test this one. I am getting fed up with callback systems that significantly delay the time taken to call you back. Does anyone know of any others that maybe considered reliable?
amitjajoo

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 01:45:04 PM »

There is also another interesting thing I noticed which may be of some benefit to members here who have Indian connections. This company claims to have an Indian Toll free access number, which could potetially be a cheap way to make very cheap calls from India back to the UK. Not many VoIP companies provide one of these. They usually provide them in dozens of countries around the world, but India is rare!
Check out: http://www.nyxfone.com/access_numbers.php

This looks interesting. Could you shed some more light on call back services. How would this service work for someone calling from India to UK ?
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 03:25:02 PM »

This looks interesting. Could you shed some more light on call back services. How would this service work for someone calling from India to UK ?

amitjajoo's questions have received a reply from andy and others.  These have been moved to a new topic and board here.        Wink

If anyone wishes to discuss the original OP's subject, they may do so in this thread.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: