Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:50:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vodafone callthrough service  (Read 15038 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 07:15:32 AM »

Cry  number is charged from my orange contract ..so only useable on vodafone pay as go..dont know why it is not inclusive ,may be any special range of numbe..mobaholic might be able to put some light on this one Roll Eyes
 but still good for voda pay as go users Cheesy
kind regards
gemeni5093

Around 2 or 3 tears ago, a number of outfits started callthrough services on number ranges that were supposed to be used for WiFi use.  I believe that dialdaily were one of these.

The whole thing took off and grew very fast, so the mobile networks were losing barrow loads of money.

O2 blocked all of these number ranges; '3' and Orange started charging, and T-Mobile and Vodafone never opened the numbers at all, as far as I knew back then.

It was no surprise that the networks reacted in these ways, as it was an abuse of the system to use the numbers for such purposes, as well as a cause of revenue strain for the networks.

I am personally not surprised that Orange and '3' still charge for using dialdaily numbers: the big surprise for me is that they are now reported to be working on Vodafone PAYG.  I have no idea how this has come about.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: