Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:34:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Callback options  (Read 22652 times)
petkow

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 01:32:33 PM »

Thanks. I did not think of clicking on the header of the quoted text!

Any idea why the search string which is found in Amitjajoos post on both threads "Could you shed some more light on call back services" or indeed just "call back services" only returns this thread and not the original?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 01:35:56 PM by petkow » Logged
petkow

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 01:50:03 PM »

...clutter up the forum with redundant links all over the place.  I often wondered if he knew anything about what he was doing !  ( It was one of many reasons why I often wondered if he was short of a few marbles ?  Undecided )
This is your territory and obviously you are entitled to do it your way! In my opinion there are many worse ways of cluttering a forum than a few useful links which can even be hyperlinked under a single word like this!

I think I am from the old school of over redundance in letting users find what they are looking for. Ever wondered why in most software there are multiple routes of executing the same function?
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 03:11:37 PM »

Thanks. I did not think of clicking on the header of the quoted text!

I guessed that petkow.        Grin

Any idea why the search string which is found in Amitjajoos post on both threads "Could you shed some more light on call back services" or indeed just "call back services" only returns this thread and not the original?

I believe there may be 2 explanations for that petkow:

1).  The original thread was entitled: "New service calling Pakistan", whereas this new thread was given a spanking new title.  This may have confused the search tool.

2).  The search tool on the old niftylist forum suffered similar problems I recall, and the one here certainly suffers from some deficiencies, ( which is one reason why I am always hassling Mikael to get our forum software updated on our server ! )        Wink

We are still running on SMF 1.1.6, whereas the latest edition is 1.1.11 !        Cry

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 04:07:42 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 03:16:07 PM »

I think I am from the old school of over redundance in letting users find what they are looking for. Ever wondered why in most software there are multiple routes of executing the same function?

The multiple ways sometimes used are often more confusing for people than the one rather obvious way we use here IMO.        Wink

But you are entirely free to disagree with me.          Wink

We cannot expect to agree on everything, can we petkow ?         Undecided

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 03:47:01 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: