Fone Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:13:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cut the cost of calling NGN and Premium Rate Numbers From Your Mobile.  (Read 21831 times)
BJ

« on: December 04, 2009, 11:16:07 AM »

Your no doubt aware their are suppliers around like http://www.18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php that offer you access to cheaper calls to 0845/0870  via a geographical access number that you can call out of your mobile inclusive minutes.

This supplier goes one step further and offers cheaper calls to 0844/0871/ and 09 numbers ,which might interest some users.

See: http://regionaltelecom.com/mobile-reduced_rates
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:24:17 AM by BJ » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:22:49 AM »

Thanks you BJ.        Smiley

This service is recommended by a friend of mine, though they do charge you a connection fee for every call, and charge above the BT rate for all NGN ranges as far as I can see.        Shocked

If Mikael had ever responded to my proposal for such a service posted here, as he once promised to do, maybe he would be providing a better service by now.        Cry

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 11:45:28 PM »

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I've been looking for something exactly like this for the last few months and I'm surprised at the lack of options for calling NGN's at reasonable rates when you don't have a BT line.

Even when a provider does allow calls to NGN they usually only allow 0845 and 0870, at a ridiculous price. Some others e.g Gradwell, Sipgate and VOIPtalk do allow calls to 0844, 0871 etc but with very confusing and inflated rates.

I'm not sure what rates were advertised by Regional Telecom when this thread was first posted but they now charge a 2.5p connection fee, the standard BT rate per minute, plus VAT, which is a great deal compared to everything else I've found.

Even accounting for saynoto0870 we are all forced to dial these numbers sometimes, so I would have thought a well priced and simple service for calling them would get a lot of interest.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 12:25:30 AM »

Your no doubt aware their are suppliers around like...

Could we have correct words in the first sentence please?

With regards to the subject I always try to keep around 100 units @ QX Dial + service just in case I'm forced to dial one of ranges mentioned before (apart from 09x).

So far none of Mikael's ventures offered any alternatives .. ermm .. apart from promises Cheesy

dlR
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:28:12 AM by delaro » Logged

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 01:39:52 AM »

I don't think we need to correct a guy on his spelling mistake from 1 year ago! Cheesy

I've looked at QXDial services in the past and found them to be quite confusing and convoluted. Actually I thought that QXDial was connected to Mikael somehow though I don't remember what gave me that impression. I gave up on them simply because they didn't have good quality connections to the destination I need to dial.

Is Regional Telecom really the only company offering a straight-forward and economical way to call these numbers from a mobile? Maybe Mikael can fill us in on whether there are any difficulties offering termination to these numbers?
Asterix

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 06:29:23 PM »

I don't think we need to correct a guy on his spelling mistake from 1 year ago! Cheesy

Hi Davegr,
I think you are mistaken. If you look clearly the post made by delaro , it was made a year ago on December 4th 2009, not this december, 2010. You are one year late in replying to the post made by delaro !!  Grin Wink

Asterix

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 08:07:02 PM »

Yes I know I woke up a dead thread, I acknowledged that in my first post! Cheesy I was hoping people might have some interesting input to give. I can't be the only one that finds himself needing to call places that aren't on saynoto0870 and finds the discrimination of not having a BT line offensive!
prion

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 06:25:32 AM »

Hi Davegr,
I think you are mistaken. If you look clearly the post made by delaro , it was made a year ago on December 4th 2009, not this december, 2010. You are one year late in replying to the post made by delaro !!  Grin Wink

Asterix

I think that you are wrong. Delaro's post was written on December 2010 not 2009
mobileman

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 04:46:14 PM »

Is Regional Telecom really the only company offering a straight-forward and economical way to call these numbers from a mobile? Maybe Mikael can fill us in on whether there are any difficulties offering termination to these numbers?

I have never used them myself, but it might be worth your while taking a look at  http://savacallmobile.com/  Wink

Rates to UK NGN's are as follows:-

UK Freephone 0p/min
  UK Local 0843 4p/min
  UK Local 0844 4p/min
  UK Local 0845 4p/min
  UK National 0870 1p/min
  UK National 0871 7p/min
  UK National 0872 6p/min
  UK Special 0844 6p/min
  UK Special 087 6p/min

Apparently you attach a small SIM to your existing one, and it routes international and NGN calls to their service if I understand aright.
There are a number of 'special offers' at http://savacallmobile.com/buy  Wink

If anybody know more about this service, please post below for the benefit of all members.  Thanks.  Smiley

BTW Greece mobiles are not that cheap:-   
Greece Mobile 8.7p/min  Cry

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 05:41:33 PM »

8.7p might be a bit high for Greece Mobile but it's not too bad considering the wholesale rate is around 0.07 EUR and that cheaper routes often have very unpredictable quality ranging from just ok to absolutely terrible!

Asterix

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 05:47:42 PM »

I think that you are wrong. Delaro's post was written on December 2010 not 2009

You are correct Prion !! Indeed it was me who was mistaken, not davegr.  Smiley
Dave
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 04:03:33 PM »

You are correct Prion !! Indeed it was me who was mistaken, not davegr.  Smiley

Just to clarify matters, the spelling error to which delaro's post referred was in the OP by BJ, made on December 04, 2009, 10:16:07 AM.    Wink

The mistake which you made was to attribute delaro's post to the date of the OP.    Embarrassed

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 04:17:32 PM »

Perhaps we need to rename this thread, spelling mistakes? Tongue
mike

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 04:20:43 PM »

LOL perhaps you should suggest that to the OP writer BJ.   Wink  A New Year resolution is required perhaps?   Undecided

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:32:11 PM by mike » Logged
BJ

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »

Make up your mind, earlier you said

"I don't think we need to correct a guy on his spelling mistake from 1 year ago! "

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 08:00:00 PM by BJ » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: