Fone Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:22:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diverting Voice Calls by using USSD Codes  (Read 5632 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: January 21, 2010, 11:54:49 AM »

I am not sure how useful this will be, but I have come across an interesting table of information on the Giffgaff help site.

See:-   http://www.theunwired.net/?item=how-to-diverting-voice-calls-by-using-ussd-codes

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
andy

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 12:47:25 PM »

I'm not criticising you for posting it mobaholic, and I know people keep mentioning these from time to time, but I view it as a bit unnecessary, redundant or anachronistic.

I've even had a disagreement with someone who thinks he needs to add this to a giffgaff wiki, but I reckon it's a voyage too far into nerdery, and its effect will be somewhere between neutral or it might confuse people and put them off, risking making them think why on earth do I need to remember and use all these

Basically, using the call divert menu in all modern phones automatically compiles and sends these codes anyway.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 12:50:24 PM by andy » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »

I'm not criticising you for posting it mobaholic, and I know people keep mentioning these from time to time, but I view it as a bit unnecessary, redundant or anachronistic.

I've even had a disagreement with someone who thinks he needs to add this to a giffgaff wiki, but I reckon it's a voyage too far into nerdery, and its effect will be somewhere between neutral or it might confuse people and put them off, risking making them think why on earth do I need to remember and use all these

Basically, using the call divert menu in all modern phones automatically compiles and sends these codes anyway.

I did hesitate before posting, as you can see from my OP, but I reasoned that the USSD codes included some which are certainly not available on any of my mobile handsets - for example setting the delay before a call forward.        Wink

I appreciate that your smartphone may be better than mine, but the list is of use as a resource for reference surely.        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:05:36 AM »

Very old article in deed. You can say by the comment dates:
Posted by David- Xda O2 on 23.03.03 - 13:56:43

.. but it's phone related so I see the point, plus on top of that it can be useful on some occasions (foreign networks have different ways of switching on/off services. At least you know you must call CS If these codes don't work  Cool)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 01:12:55 AM by delaro » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: