Fone Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:12:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BT Price Increases And Changes From 1/4/2010  (Read 6824 times)
BJ

« on: January 27, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »

Cant give you a link yet, but its  on a leaflet they are sending out.

Set up (call connection) fee will increase to 9.9p per call .

Daytime rate will increase to 5.9p per minute.

Changes to  daytime and evening call period .
(7am -7pm will be daytime). ( 7pm-7am will be evening).
BJ

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 04:41:05 AM »

A BT spokeperson said the switch of daytime hours to 7am-7pm brings them into line with the standard daytime hours for mobile operators,and that while early evening is a busy time for short, organisational calls, the peak hour is later, between 8pm-9pm when customers have time to settle down for a longer chat

Source: http://www.homephonechoices.co.uk/bts-free-evening-calls-to-begin-at-7pm-2901102.html

."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 04:45:58 AM by BJ » Logged
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 11:09:12 PM »

Cant give you a link yet, but its  on a leaflet they are sending out.

Set up (call connection) fee will increase to 9.9p per call .

Daytime rate will increase to 5.9p per minute.

Changes to  daytime and evening call period .
(7am -7pm will be daytime). ( 7pm-7am will be evening).

can anyone remember what was the previous fee for setting up a connection. 9.9p is in my opinion a hefty price. BT is doing whatever they want. The competition on the landline phones market is IMVHO artificial. BT owns most of the market (directly or indirectly as the wholesale deals)

kind regards
delaro

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 04:12:18 PM »

can anyone remember what was the previous fee for setting up a connection. 9.9p is in my opinion a hefty price.
kind regards
delaro

I never make calls on BT, other than 0800 in the week, or free weekend calls recently.  However, I am pretty sure it depended on your calling package.  I used to be on the LUS ( not sadly withdrawn ), where a connection fee was just 3p.  However, others were a lot higher I believe.

Can others supply the missing figures for delaro ?

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
NewStarter

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 04:31:17 PM »

can anyone remember what was the previous fee for setting up a connection. 9.9p is in my opinion a hefty price.
kind regards
delaro

I never make calls on BT, other than 0800 in the week, or free weekend calls recently.  However, I am pretty sure it depended on your calling package.  I used to be on the LUS ( not sadly withdrawn ), where a connection fee was just 3p.  However, others were a lot higher I believe.

Can others supply the missing figures for delaro ?

From 1st April 2010, the call set-up fee for non-inclusive calls from landlines and for non-inclusive Broadband Talk calls will increase from 9.3p to 9.9p per call. The existing call set-up fee of 3p per call for BT Basic, Light User Scheme and In-Contact Plus customers remains unchanged.
BJ

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 08:51:33 PM »

The cost of the BT call set up fee and the cost of BT daytime geographical calls are certainly shooting up.

In April 2009 the cost daytime phone calls went up from 3.91p a minute to  4.5p per minute, while the obligatory call set-up charge which only applies to chargeable calls rose from  6.85p to 8p.,and then  from October 2010 , the daytime call went up again to 5.25p while the set-up call rose to 9.05p.Now users are faced with new charges.

On BT a short peak call  eg one that hits 1571 cost,s approx 15p !!! Shocked

BT have now stopped promoted their evening and weekend call packages, clearly in an attempt to get people to switch to 24/7 inclusive calls packages .

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: