Fone Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:58:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Website problems ?  (Read 7462 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: July 03, 2008, 10:15:40 AM »

We had a little flurry of excitement last night when a prominent member here sent me a SMS to say that the website was down.        Shocked

I checked on my mobile 'phone as soon as the text came, but I was able to access the forum via WAP with no problems.        Smiley

I also sent a text to another member, whom I believed had internet access at home, and he very kindly logged in here, and confirmed that all was well as far as he could see also.        Smiley

When I communicated these result to the member who reported the problem, he concluded that it must have been just his own internet service, which indeed it may have been.        Undecided

HOWEVER, it is also possible that the problem, though obviously transient, was more widespread, and may have affected others too.        Huh

I know that there is some sort of problem here, as I regularly get messages from SMF that they have been unable to connect to our database.
 Roll Eyes

In view of this, please may I encourage all members to report faults experienced in this thread, because if there is a real issue to be explored, I should like to have full documentation of findings - so that I can give an informed report to Mikael on his return.        Cheesy

Thanks in advance for your kind cooperation.        Smiley

mh.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:26:30 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:29:49 AM »

It has just taken me half an hour to login here: it simply could not be accessed from the library that I am in.        Cry

I don't know if this is a local problem in my area only, or others have been affected similarly ?        Undecided

Others experiencing similar problems please add your reports to this thread.  Thank you.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
panda

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 05:50:20 PM »

Hi,

I am not able to access the website 30 minutes earlier, but it is back now

Panda
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:59:44 AM »

Hi,

I am not able to access the website 30 minutes earlier, but it is back now

Panda

Thanks for your report panda.  If SMF, the original reporter, I, and you have all experienced problems, there must be an underlying issue here.        Wink

However, its nice to see that we are not the only one experiencing such problems: although the niftylist site itself is working, I can get no access to telecomforum right now !        Grin

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 10:01:09 AM »

I have to report that the website has been acting extremely slowly this morning.

It took me quite a while to login; and when I have attempted to preview any posts or message replies, it has taken over a minute for just all the pictures ( icons ) to load in, and then I have got a message that I was 'timed out' !

I think you need to address this issue with the web hosts Mikael, because there have been too many problems of late.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: