Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:22:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T-Mobile to slash international call rates  (Read 8931 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: March 05, 2010, 11:27:13 AM »

PAYGers get up to 75 per cent off

T-Mobile will next week slash the cost of making calls to overseas numbers - if you're one of its pay-as-you-go customers.

The provider will charge between 5p and 20p per minute to make a call to another mobile, and 5-10p to call a landline.  Texts costs 15p.

The calls and texts must me made to any of 50 countries, and you have to opt in to the deal, which T-Mobile calls "International Pass", by texting INT to 441.  That text is free.  If you have already signed up, the new rates will be applied automatically, the carrier said.

International Pass will become available on Monday, 8 March.

The full list of countries and rates can be found in the PDF here.

Source:-   TheRegister.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
seanjoe

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 12:03:04 PM »

mob, that link is dead. is it on their website?
seanjoe

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 12:03:57 PM »

answered my own question: here is the link   

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/coverage/international-open-pass/
andy

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 12:08:58 PM »

it might be this one http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/payg/international-calling/rest-of-the-world/
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »

mob, that link is dead. is it on their website?

All of the links I posted in the OP work from where I am.        Smiley

With which one did you have trouble seanjoe ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 12:18:43 PM »

I don't think that either seanjoe's or andy's link is the correct one.        Cry

seanjoe's is only for pay monthly mobiles, whereas this thread is about changes in their pay & go ones.

And andy's shows texts abroad for 20p, whereas the new rate is 15p.

You really need to look here to get the correct information.        Wink

This link is working where I am.

andy

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »

And andy's shows texts abroad for 20p, whereas the new rate is 15p.

The new rates haven't actually been implemented yet

Whether they end up edited on that page or a new replacement is made remains to be seen, but at the moment a search of T-mobile for INT and 441 produces that as the best result
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 01:31:10 PM by andy » Logged
seanjoe

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 03:02:43 PM »

must have been a cookie/cache problem. did not work from mozilla firefox. tried the link in IE and it worked.
BJ

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 09:05:22 PM »

Suprised to see that T-Mob  use a rip off 35p a minute personal  number for press enquiries Shocked
+44 (0) 7017 150 150

By the way when you text INT to 441 which i did on a free sim i just got with £5 on it,you get a text back referring you to http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Int which leads to the link Andy suggested. Wink
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:12:59 PM by BJ » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 11:41:50 AM »

By the way when you text INT to 441 which i did on a free sim i just got with £5 on it,you get a text back referring you to http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Int which leads to the link Andy suggested. Wink

Thanks for this information BJ.  If that is the link it obviously still gives the old rates.  Maybe it will only be updated at the start date of 8th March.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: