Fone Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:30:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Phone PAYG data usage  (Read 5379 times)
ta

« on: March 25, 2010, 12:53:48 PM »

I have just bought an iphone to use to watch the IPL cricket on. ( using Catup TV). I am at the moment using an o2 pay and go sim.

but will all these things there are fair usage policies etc.

i just wanted to find out which network would give the most data usage allowance for the iphone.

any help/guidance would be gratefully received.

thanks in advance

petkow

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 01:03:51 PM »

Quick question before that can be answered. Is the phone even unlocked?

There is an unlimited deal on o2 iPhone PAYG tariff though there are some discrepancies with the wording on that as have recently been discussed on this forum. Then you could also consider GiffGaff who give you unlimited data up until the end of May.
ta

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 01:23:49 PM »

Hi petkow,

yes iphone is unlocked.

i am on the web n text tariff and also purchased the web n wifi bolt on for a tenner.

mobileman

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 02:14:03 PM »

I have just bought an iphone to use to watch the IPL cricket on. ( using Catup TV). I am at the moment using an o2 pay and go sim.

but will all these things there are fair usage policies etc.

i just wanted to find out which network would give the most data usage allowance for the iphone.

any help/guidance would be gratefully received.

thanks in advance

My first comment is to stop using an O2 pay and go SIM.    Wink

O2 P&G charge £3 per MB, and even if you buy their monthly internet Bolt On, you only get 180 MB for your £7-50, which amounts to some 4.17p / MB still.        Wink

That is a very poor buy compared with '3' pre-pay monthly internet Add On, which gives 2 GB for just £5 (a much healthier 0.244p / MB.)    Wink

The GiffGaff suggestion is only so so in my view.  It gives 100 MB daily for free up to 25th May, but would that be enough to watch IPL cricket for any time ?    Undecided
I don't know, but have my doubts.   Cry

In any case, their charges for data after the free period have not been decided (or are not published if they have.)    Wink

My gut feeling is that you may need a large data allowance to watch cricket live, and your present web n wifi bolt on for a tenner may well be your best bet.  Try using that, using WiFi, if you can.   Wink

Your other choice would be to consider one of O2's new iPhone SIM only deals, for those who already have an iPhone.    Wink

HTH.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:15:44 PM by mobileman » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: