Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:46:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reselling Betamax services  (Read 16579 times)
seanjoe

« on: March 26, 2010, 08:51:37 PM »

i saw this page petkow, as i was quite interested in doing this. but unlike the normal betamax providers, these numbers are not available for us to see? does this mean that we need to generate a new number for each customer? do you know of anyone who has used this for reselling?

perhaps we need to open this thread to its own as its quite interesting (for me)...
petkow

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 09:16:47 PM »

This is quite interesting for me too! Could a Mod perhaps split this if it is going too far OT?

I have actually been waiting for something like this from Betamax for some time. It's a sort of an idiot proof method of getting a small margin from the many recommendations I end up doing for them. In my case, SIP is actually my preferred access method, as there are a few companies switchboards from where I want to divert calls via SIP.

I have been reading into their FAQ's and it sounds fairly interesting. I especially like the way that your customers can login to a debranded secure site: https://77.72.173.130/Login.aspx. This could be nicely embedded into your own site.

I do not know what the answer is to your question about access numbers but I am presuming it will be a similar range to the ones that they already have on other brands (e.g. Manchester and London), and then the customer needs to enter a PIN to identify himself.

My real concern is this small point:
How long are your rates valid? »
The rates are normally valid for 1 month. Rates can be subject to changes without prior notice.
This is usual Betamax trickery. They can change at any time, according to their discretion. The reseller can only control margins, but not base rates. This means that if you resell, and your customers are buying based upon a rate that you are advertising to India (e.g. India 1p/min), then these clowns can just change the rate before your customers have even tried the service. Your customers will then moan at you. I think there needs to be rate guarantee of at least two months, and a notice period, so that you can at least warn your customers of rate changes.
petkow

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 09:33:04 PM »

By the way, here is an example (I think) of a non Betamax company that has been built up using the reselling (voipinfocentre) backbone.
http://www.voiplip.com/en.html (Hint: look at their Login screen)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 09:35:02 PM by petkow » Logged
seanjoe

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 09:34:57 PM »

their rates do not make sense. in some places it says 1c to india, and onits site, it says 1.4c.

also, the only reselling thing is good, but betamax change their rates without any notice. literally you wait till about 10am each day, and if the rates change, you only get to know when you make the call.

and you can forget about customer service.
there is none.
petkow

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 10:30:01 PM »

their rates do not make sense. in some places it says 1c to india, and onits site, it says 1.4c.
Where does it say 1c to India?
seanjoe

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 12:22:20 AM »

on the progx website
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 11:50:39 AM »

....... perhaps we need to open this thread to its own as its quite interesting (for me)...

Done: new thread moved here.        Smiley

For the sake of petkow, and anyone else who wishes to view the original thread from which this was split, it is shown here.        Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
petkow

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 12:53:51 PM »

Done: new thread moved here.        Smiley
Thanks!  Wink

For the sake of petkow, and anyone else who wishes to view the original thread from which this was split, it is shown here.        Wink
Well remembered! This is useful for my sieve-brain!  Grin Thanks!  Wink
petkow

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 01:01:02 PM »

on the progx website
Remember that the progx site is not directly affiliated with Betamax, Finarea or Dellmont. Neither is the Backsl.sh/betamax site. These are just comparison sites of the brands of these companies but are done by third parties. Perhaps there is an issue with Progx's screen scraping software for them to be displaying the wrong rate? In my experience, I always find backslash a little more reliable, though as you mentioned it does not list all the brands.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 01:01:53 PM »

Thanks!  Wink

Well remembered! This is useful for my sieve-brain!  Grin Thanks!  Wink

LOL you are very welcome !        Grin

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
seanjoe

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 07:45:49 PM »

Remember that the progx site is not directly affiliated with Betamax, Finarea or Dellmont. Neither is the Backsl.sh/betamax site. These are just comparison sites of the brands of these companies but are done by third parties. Perhaps there is an issue with Progx's screen scraping software for them to be displaying the wrong rate? In my experience, I always find backslash a little more reliable, though as you mentioned it does not list all the brands.

I have tried to contact the backsla person a few times, but have not got any response. but I have managed to contact the progx guy and he (or she) did do a modification to a wrong rate. so hopefully over time, progx should be a bit more reliable.

but my search still goes on for anyone who is actually using the myvoipreselling site to resell using their own brand?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:28:47 AM by Dave » Logged
petkow

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 08:12:49 PM »

but my search still goes on for anyone who is actually using the myvoipreselling site to resell using their own brand?
Have you read my reply #3 in this thread?
andy

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 10:43:37 AM »

Remember that the progx site is not directly affiliated with Betamax, Finarea or Dellmont. Neither is ...

Not directly, but he is a reseller of credit for these accounts

I have tried to contact the backsla person a few times, but have not got any response.

I've reported new brands to him on 3 or 4 occasions, and he's replied a couple of times to say thanks
seanjoe

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 02:16:33 PM »

i do like progx updates though that he does provide everyday. which shows whether rates have increased or decreased. does the backsla guy provide that also?
petkow

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 02:35:11 PM »

i do like progx updates though that he does provide everyday. which shows whether rates have increased or decreased. does the backsla guy provide that also?
No. I do not think so. Apart from the automatic daily updating (screen scraping), I think the guy leaves the site to pretty much run and sell itself. He does add or remove brands from time to time though.

He does have a "news" section on the top, though as you can see he doesn't even manage to update this. His latest update (mid 2008) reflects this, especially as it refers to an exchange rate that is severely out of sync now!
2008-07-17: 1 EUR = 1.5801 USD = 0.7910 GBP

2007-5-31: I'm pretty busy these days, but I just decided to release my software as open source (GPL). Don't hold your breath, this may take some months and I will start with my Python HTML generation library, which has pretty nothing to do with the betamax details. This script uses it though and I consider the library interesting enough to take on a life of it's own... (-:

2007-3-22: I made a small DID provider collection from all the suggestions I got from you. (Thank you very much!) I'm still on the hunt. Send me feedback, especially for California and France (quazzle.net is dying?)!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: