Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:07:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A sad farewell to rrk !  (Read 7482 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: June 09, 2008, 12:09:02 PM »

I was very sad when I got a text from rrkamath yesterday, informing me that he was leaving the UK for ever, and going back to India to try his luck in getting better jobs over there.

The majority of members will know rrk ( as I always called him ) from what was the niftylist forum.
I met him there, and we became friends.
We swapped mobile numbers when he volunteered to become part of my group of call testers, and he was a great help to me in that capacity.  In the days of mobile callthroughs proliferating, rrk would make test calls for me on his O2 mobile, and his room mate joined in with his mobile on 3 !
That was great, as it was the case of two for the price of one !        Grin

Any members here who wish to contact him and wish him well can still do so by PM.
He tells me that he plans to keep his present email address, so messages should still get through to him.        Wink

Farewell friend, and may all work out for the best for you.        Smiley

mobaholic.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:44:20 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
rrkamath
Learner

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »

hi mobaholic,

thanks for your wishes, all the best for your new form and keep up the good work.

regards,
rrkamath
ndiqbal

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:31:08 PM »

rrkamath

All the best!

Regards
Nadz
Graham

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 09:35:25 PM »

Best of luck to you, RRK. Thanks for helping out MH with test calls in the past - useful to all of us who have made use of his up to date information, and much appreciated. I hope things work out well for you in India. Smiley
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 11:21:41 AM »

I am pleased to report that I exchanged emails with rrk over the weekend.        Smiley

I am sure he would like me to convey his very best wishes to all members here.

I will quote some of the things he has shared so that others will be in the picture about his plans:

hi there,

thanks for your mail. i am happy for the time being, that i can spend some time with my family. as for my future plans, i might come back to UK (i hope so because of recent changes in VISA for students and a new introduction of 'post study work' scheme.)

how r u?? how is life in briton. i do really miss it. hope you are enjoying there. all the best with your new forum. my cousin is due to come to london for higher studies in law in sep. in due time i shall introduce him to you.

thats all for now, do keep in touch.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramanand Kamath

His email address is unchanged, so any PM's members send to him should arrive.        Cheesy

( He enclosed details of the number of his Indian mobile, though I cannot share that information with members - as this would be a breach of confidenece ).

mh.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: