Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:50:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlimited International Calls from O2  (Read 106652 times)
ganjbakhash

« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2010, 07:12:08 PM »

is this for mobile or landline calls?
moonandstar

There is no restriction on the users are already registered, they are using the service as they were using before the change of terms. these new terms are only for new customers, still they are not accepting new registrations.

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
wali

« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2010, 07:52:47 PM »

Hello.
I have subcribed for £5.After getting the message that calls for pakistan will be removed from 23rd july.i never stoped the service i have been charged again for this month but i could not make calls.
Does anyone have any update about this.
When i dailed the access number they say "the country has been removed or your allowance has been run out".

delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2010, 09:12:39 PM »

Okay, so we've 2 different reports here. Would anyone else like to share their experience, please.

dlR
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:22:33 PM by delaro » Logged

reachmm

« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2010, 01:07:40 AM »

Just to let you all know that the O2 international Friends & Family bolt on is going to be terminated altogether by end of this month. I got a sms from them stating the above information and as my next renewal date for the bolt on is 18th june therefore they will not take any money off from my credit. I reckon the same applies to all the other users as well.

Regards

RMM
reachmm

« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2010, 01:12:34 AM »

Sorry, i forgot to mention, I was using the service to call india and US (mobile and landlines). So definitely I wouldn't be able to use this service anymore after 18th of this month, as per the sms i got from O2.

Thanks!
petkow

« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »

Yes I can confirm this. As I mentioned higher up, they are now bringing this to an end altogether. However, they are just terminating the bolt on for customers on their anniversary dates. I did try and contest this with them, because according to their terms and conditions they did state that this will run until July. However, I did not have any luck.

This was the last message I got from them:
I would just like to confirm that the message you got through SMS was accurate.
The trial period will end on your anniversary date, 6/19. 

However, there does appear to be some hope. Also in my email, I got this:
We do not have specific information on when our official GO LIVE date will be. Please check back.
petkow

« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2010, 03:14:11 PM »

Finally they have put the closing date on their site:
How long is this Bolt On available?
We’re planning to offer the BETA (trial) version of O2 International Friends & Family Bolt On until 14th July 2010 09:00AM BST.
I think I am unlucky as they are cancelling mine today, even though the service will run for another 25 days. I did try and contest this issue with them as on their site it says:
If your Bolt On service overlaps the end of the Bolt On Period then it will end at the end of the first monthly billing cycle after the Bolt On Period
What I tried to contest is the use of the little word after. In my case they have done it the month beforeAngry  Angry

petkow

« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2010, 10:08:58 AM »

My service did finally come to an end.  Sad However, I wanted to share that it continued to work for around 4 days after they were supposed to disactivate the bolt-on from my account. That was very convenient for me, as I really had to make good use of it during those days ! Other users who are going to get disactivated may be equally lucky, as their billing system seems to be a bit of a mess!  Wink
srikanth.nuli

« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2010, 05:51:52 PM »

As usual O2 billing system is a big hoax all the time. I have had problems with them in the past but later rectified after a week days of time tussle with them and with different internal O2 departments to correct my bill Embarrassed
ganjbakhash

« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2010, 10:16:33 PM »

As usual O2 billing system is a big hoax all the time. I have had problems with them in the past but later rectified after a week days of time tussle with them and with different internal O2 departments to correct my bill Embarrassed
srikanth.nuli do you mean that:
They charged you for this bolt on (friends and family) after they closed?

srikanth.nuli

« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2010, 02:48:01 AM »

Yes it is true ganjbakhash
ganjbakhash

« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2010, 11:53:04 AM »

Yes it is true ganjbakhash

I hope you have recovered your money that they billed you wrong! I am going to write down to ofcom for one friend of mine as they charged him all 18 months wrong without any certain reason for data download and premium texts and he did not used any of them. I have observed many cases from O2. Why they are becoming Nightmare specially in case of billing?

srikanth.nuli

« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2010, 06:01:40 PM »

Who doesn't love money; O2 is not an exception Smiley

To be frank I feel the charges would have been levied on your friend's account because there is no coordination among their internal billing, marketing, web development & deployment departments which caused the confusion for the billing department whether to charge or not to charge for any thing that was initially offered for free or promotional product and later been started charging.

My money has been returned back after several complaints. Going to Ofcom might help but they cannot order O2 to return the money even the Financial Ombudsman Service also cannot do that. They can request the network providers to look into the customer's concern and they do not act like a judge or arbitrator at all (This is as per my knowledge only).

First try to log a complaint with O2 about your friend's issue. Get a reference number from them and also ask them to acknowledge your complaint by sending a written statement or a letter as per O2 guidelines of responding with in 5 working days which might be a kick start for the process.
Doondie

« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2010, 05:32:30 AM »

If I may...
I've been an O2 pay monthly customer for a little over 2 years now and am extremely satisfied with their response to whatever concerns I may have had in the past. Once I got wrongly billed £1.20 for some texts, which should've been free. After calling them they arranged a refund with my next bill. Around New Year 2010 they gave off some £5 as an apology for something about them being unavailable for a while (or whatever technical problem it was - don't remember exactly). Frankly, I had no idea what they were talking about in the text message but I didn't say a thing. Moreover, 9 months after singing my first contract with them (an 18-month one) I got an offer to either 1) start it over from month 1 and get £150 credit or 2) switch to O2 Simplicity. Of course, I chose the latter, as I practically terminated my long-term contract by singing a monthly renewable one (respectively paying £20 a month in difference to £35 before), kept my handset and got 100 more texts per month. Later I called and asked for more messages (online they give 2 times as much than in-store, and I signed in-store initially), so they doubled my text bundle. After signing a 1-year O2 simplicity 20 contract in February this year I got 200 more min. per month (overall 800 min., 1600 texts and unlimited Internet) and one month free.
Anyway, my point was that the O2 are worth it. But keep in mind that the squeaky wheel gets the oil, so don't rely on things getting resolved on their own.

Back to the topic - they indeed discontinued the service in question (or rather did not start it, as they only launched a beta version or something)  but - hey! - there's Mikael's and similar services, which provides some comfort for those talking a lot internationally.

Regards!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:35:25 AM by Doondie » Logged

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it!"

"Women for duty, boys for pleasure, melons for delight." (Persian proverb)
mobileman

« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2010, 11:30:47 AM »

Most of Doondie's post concerns the O2 network, and should properly be on one of my boards.   Roll Eyes   

Could moonandstar possibly edit the post to make 2 separate replies, the first of which could be moved please?   Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: