Fone Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:19:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlimited International Calls from O2  (Read 107710 times)
wali

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 10:09:31 AM »

It does not come from bolt on bundle.0203 call has been charge separetly.
Thanks for reply
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 10:27:37 AM »

I can let you know there will soon be a service launched by myself that will be able to solve that problem for you.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 10:35:36 AM »

Like andy, I don't understand a word wali has written.        Cry

The 5000 minutes should be free ( after you have had your £5 or whatever deducted ), so how can they be charged separately ?       Undecided

( BTW wali, we don't charge to use the spell checker, and that would save you form making some of the mistakes that you do, e.g. "separetly" in both of your last posts. )        Wink

I really wonder if wali is using this service at all.  Are you perhaps talking about how an unlimited landline Bolt On works wali ?        Undecided

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:38:44 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 10:40:37 AM »

I can let you know there will soon be a service launched by myself that will be able to solve that problem for you.

Please explain Mikael: I don't understand what problem you are hoping to solve !        Shocked

Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »

Well from what he said, it looks like O2 specifically exclude the 0203 access number for this unlimited calling package from their unlimited landline bundles, meaning that you have to proceed to pay the normal rate for calling a UK landline instead of using free minutes. This is how I understood the situation from his post.

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 10:55:27 AM »

Well from what he said, it looks like O2 specifically exclude the 0203 access number for this unlimited calling package from their unlimited landline bundles, meaning that you have to proceed to pay the normal rate for calling a UK landline instead of using free minutes. This is how I understood the situation from his post.

I wish this made sense to me, but I am afraid that it doesn't.        Cry

If you have an unlimited landline Bolt On, although the Bolt On allowance may decrease with every call made ( assuming O2 have some sort of FUP on their unlimited landline Bolt On ), there should be no charges for any lanline calls.        Wink

And IF wali is using the new service that this thread deals with, calls to the 0203 should be entirely free, and NOT come out of his landline Bolt On minutes in any way.        Wink

I suspect that wali has merely confused this thread with his landline Bolt On, which is somewhat understandable seeing the mention of a 0203 access number on this thread.        Wink

Am I right wali ?        Undecided

andy

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 11:45:37 AM »

I think there's a difference between what the words in the post actually say and what we would intuitively assume to be the situation.

It would be absurd if O2 was promoting something as unlimited calls to your favourite number abroad, fair use policy 5000 minutes, then charging per minute to a London number at the normal tariff, and quite possibly therefore a higher rate than available by instead dialling the destination with their plain international calls bolt-on, i.e from 5p a minute

That's why we assume or want the 0203 number to be free included in the deal, especially with this on the FAQ page

You’ll get a different UK landline number for each of the international numbers you’ve chosen. Calls to these numbers are included in the service and don’t cost the friends or family members you are calling anything.
wali

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »

I am really sorry that i could not explain my problem well.I mean to say that 0203 access numbers  are not included in our bundles minutes.I  have been charge for these call i made abroad using 0203 access number.
Thanks,
petkow

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »

Edit: Cross posted with Andy above:

I don't see the confusion. If Wali has indeed been charged for calls to the 0203 this is a billing error. After all o2 are known to do these from time to time, especially on the launch of a new product. He should get in touch with o2 ASAP and get it sorted out and refunded. It is clear in their site when you sign up that these will not be charged:

Call the highlighted UK number from your O2 mobile and get straight through to the person / people you’ve chosen.

Your 0203 numbers are always included as part of your bundle
petkow

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 12:01:40 PM »

I am really sorry that i could not explain my problem well.I mean to say that 0203 access numbers  are not included in our bundles minutes.I  have been charge for these call i made abroad using 0203 access number.
Thanks,
Huh You are still not explaining it very well!!

So have you or not been charged for calling the 0203?
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 12:13:38 PM »

Edit: Cross posted with Andy above:

I don't see the confusion. If Wali has indeed been charged for calls to the 0203 this is a billing error. After all o2 are known to do these from time to time, especially on the launch of a new product. He should get in touch with o2 ASAP and get it sorted out and refunded. It is clear in their site when you sign up that these will not be charged:

Call the highlighted UK number from your O2 mobile and get straight through to the person / people you’ve chosen.

Your 0203 numbers are always included as part of your bundle

You could be right, but I'm inclined to think this is actually a deliberate act by O2. I would guess that their "bundle billing" would automatically include all 01, 02 and 03 numbers. However if what is reported is true, it would seem O2 have added exclusions, so they do not allow bundles to be used.

petkow

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 12:16:03 PM »

... it would seem O2 have added exclusions, so they do not allow bundles to be used.
But this IS a bundle in its own right. You do not need the separate bundle with free landline calls to get free calls to the 0203. Those are supposed to be included in the IFF bundle.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:20:25 PM by petkow » Logged
wali

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2010, 12:20:02 PM »

I have been  charged for 0203 calls.
petkow

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2010, 12:20:53 PM »

I have been  charged for 0203 calls.
At standard rate?

i.e. 25p a min for the first 3 mins a day then 5p a min for the rest of the day
moonandstar

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2010, 12:21:37 PM »

This is all getting rather confusing.

From what I can gather there are 3 ways this may be billed.

1) the 0203 number is charged regardless of any bundles you may have. (e.g. Even if you have unlimited landline minutes you still are charged the price of a local call)

2) the 0203 number is deducted from your inclusive minutes or unlimited landline bolt on.

3) the 0203 number is not charged in any way and calling that particular number is totally free. (e.g. £5 is all you pay, so even if you have no pay as you go balance you can still call the 0203 number)

Will someone who has actually used the servcie please clarify.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: