Fone Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:36:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlimited International Calls from O2  (Read 107766 times)
sriks

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2010, 01:49:44 AM »

Interesting Topic,

has anyone considered using the international numberthey have got from o2, i.e the +1 number with Google Voice, that would enable free voice calls across the US Smiley
petkow

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2010, 11:14:37 AM »

has anyone considered using the international numberthey have got from o2, i.e the +1 number with Google Voice, that would enable free voice calls across the US Smiley
I haven't used Google voice yet, but can you describe the setup you mention here a bit more? I am confused whether you intend to select a US number for the incoming DID and tie this with Google voice, or vice versa? (i.e. point the outgoing number to a Google Talk gateway or similar).
sriks

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2010, 12:14:06 PM »

I haven't used Google voice yet, but can you describe the setup you mention here a bit more? I am confused whether you intend to select a US number for the incoming DID and tie this with Google voice, or vice versa? (i.e. point the outgoing number to a Google Talk gateway or similar).

Google Voice is currently limited to the USA only, i intend to use the USA number as the number you input in Google Voice, Google Voice works like Betamax callback systems. you input both numbers and you can call, unfortunately i am on T-Mobile currently, so i am unable to test this.
petkow

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2010, 12:30:09 PM »

Google Voice is currently limited to the USA only, i intend to use the USA number as the number you input in Google Voice, Google Voice works like Betamax callback systems. you input both numbers and you can call, unfortunately i am on T-Mobile currently, so i am unable to test this.
I understand now. Good idea. I can't see any reason at all why this shouldn't work. I am effectively doing the same with Betamax at the moment which also gives me free calls to USA as well as elsewhere.
sriks

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2010, 12:36:49 PM »

Unlike betamax, Google Voice has no Fair Usage Policy as well(i have no idea of betamax FUP since i started using this board's services)... So this should be good....

and even calls to USA from Countries like India cost only INR 1/- compared to UK mobile which costs INR 9.19/- . So o2 are looking good with this service,

i wonder why this service is running to Colarado as o2 Telefonica is a European Company (http://geotool.flagfox.net/?ip=69.167.114.80&host=iff.o2.co.uk)

NewStarter

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2010, 01:24:17 PM »

i wonder why this service is running to Colarado as o2 Telefonica is a European Company (http://geotool.flagfox.net/?ip=69.167.114.80&host=iff.o2.co.uk)

That could be because of JAJAH Technologies.
petkow

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2010, 01:58:20 PM »

That could be because of JAJAH Technologies.
Yes. JAHJAH are basically running most of this service for o2.

The lack of FUP of Google Voice compared to 300mins/week for Betamax could make this service appealing to setup that way. I also like your thinking of cheap inward calling to USA numbers from other countries such as India. I don't know why calling USA is cheaper than calling UK landlines. I would have assumed that these are about the same these days but you are right that this is the case with some Indian providers.   

Now going OT, but I love the way Betamax have tried to slap JAHJAH in the face by launching a service called NOHNOH!!  Grin
shahidukok

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2010, 04:39:55 PM »

this service has been discontinued for new users and O2 is not taking anymore new registration
NewStarter

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2010, 04:52:00 PM »

this service has been discontinued for new users and O2 is not taking anymore new registration

Already updated by andy here http://www.foneforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,1367.msg6996/topicseen.html#msg6996
mn_shahid

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2010, 10:43:51 AM »

hay all!!!
 tis o2 serice providing bad voice quality.most of the times receiver cannot hear you. i have had this problem since 4 days and since night this problem is more verse than ever.i 've sent about three emails to Support@jahjah but nothing came back.i think we should find something new better than that!!!!!!!!!
petkow

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2010, 10:56:17 AM »

hay all!!!
 tis o2 serice providing bad voice quality.most of the times receiver cannot hear you. i have had this problem since 4 days
Where are you calling to? Perhaps this is for certain destinations only. I still seem to have OK lines most of the time, though I have had a few problems too.

and since night this problem is more verse than ever.
That reminds me of the Gujarati prostitute who wanted to be a poet! She was just going from bed to verse! Wink
mn_shahid

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2010, 12:50:27 PM »

haya!!
i do mostly use this service to call Pakistan.
mn_shahid

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2010, 01:19:31 PM »

haya!!!!
at last o2 has opened this servise again for new customers.bht one problem for pakistani users that they cannot registered any mobile number in pakistan.they can call only on landline numbers.i dont knowwhta will happen to old users of this service in next month.i mean would they be able to use in the same way or their registred mobile number would not work any more?
petkow

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »

You're right! It's quite a change in their original conditions. It now says:
What numbers are included?
Only fixed line numbers listed for the countries below. (You can’t call any mobiles where these are in different number ranges from landline numbers).
The list of the countries is pretty much the same as before, apart from this one HUGE difference. If it's only fixed numbers, I am hardly sure this has much value anymore, given that these can be called so cheaply! Who knows what will happen when mine comes up for renewal at the end of my month with them. Let's hope our existing mobile number allocations will stay active!
moonandstar

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2010, 04:20:54 PM »

Now that o2 has changed the service to allow international calls to landlines only I was wondering is there any call through service available which can be used with this promotion to call Pakistan mobiles.

The current Irish call through service does not allow calls to Pakistan.

moonandstar.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: