Fone Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:23:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlimited International Calls from O2  (Read 107756 times)
petkow

« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2010, 04:47:23 PM »

I would doubt it, as it would have to be a callthrough which is classed as a landline!

The current Irish call through service does not allow calls to Pakistan..
Interesting, have you tried to do setup this service to the Irish one then? This is something I was actually going to try but couldn't!

But on a separate note, I somehow have a feeling that JahJah and o2 still haven't quite got this product quite right yet. They may yet still revise certain countries to also allow mobiles to be called. At the moment, they have simply said that landlines only can be called and have made a rather strange distinction that "You can’t call any mobiles where these are in different number ranges from landline numbers". So this is obviously worded so that for countries like USA and Canada you can also call mobiles. However, for many countries of the world, wholesale rates to a Mobile aren't actually much different from calling a landline, even though they are in separate numbering ranges. Countries I can think of in their list of allowable countries which really should eventually also include mobiles include: China, India, Thailand, Hong Kong. Perhaps even Bangladesh and Pakistan may eventually also be considered.
mn_shahid

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2010, 08:59:32 AM »

hay!!!
i received a text yesterday that "inclusive calls to Pakistan will be removed from the trial on 23/05/2010".i send them an email to ask will this happen to new users or old users as well they replied me'
Hi,

Thanks for your email. I've looked into your query.
All Calls to Pakistan are to be temporarily stopped on 23rd May 2010 due to abuse. IFF however, will continue to be in service and you can continue placing calls to other destinations.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with additional information as to why this decision has been made, or when you will be able to call numbers in Pakistan, and we appreciate your patience.
Kind regards,
JAJAH Customer Service.
so this mean we should find something else rather than using this servise for Pakistan.
shahidukok

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2010, 12:15:39 AM »

has anyone tested this service with any callthrough
shahidukok

« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2010, 12:16:58 AM »

i registered this service with an indian mobile phone number 3 weeks ago which is still running without any problem
petkow

« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2010, 09:39:30 AM »

has anyone tested this service with any callthrough
I wanted to do this with the Irish one, but unfortunately could not do that, nor do I think I will anymore. Like shahidukok, my service is registered with a mobile number that they are no longer providing but which still works for the moment. I do not want to jeopardise this from working by changing my number to anything else at the moment. I presume they are not stuffing up their original customers (yet!). However, I am pretty certain that a callthrough will not work, and if it did, it will probably soon would get closed if it gets abused.

I am quite amused that of all the destinations in the world, Pakistan is the first to get 'blacklisted' due to abuse.  Wink Though I feel for the many members of this forum who are from Pakistan, and who no longer can use this service now....however I am not at all surprised by this decision by Jahjah.

shahidukok

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2010, 01:34:40 PM »

you can check brother. they have taken the second months payment. still they are letting me to change it into new mobile numbers.I have tested this with spanish call through which is not working. it is highly recommended to check this with irish call thru. i can not dat since i have already done the 2 number changes im allowed to do did month.
regards
ganjbakhash

« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2010, 01:41:17 PM »

I am quite amused that of all the destinations in the world, Pakistan is the first to get 'blacklisted' due to abuse.  Wink Though I feel for the many members of this forum who are from Pakistan, and who no longer can use this service now....however I am not at all surprised by this decision by Jahjah.

Since this service been launched, many people are suggesting to each other that try this service on Irish call-through, try on that, try on this. Firstly is this not an abuse of the service, petkow? In my point of view it is abuse! Because this service is not launched from O2 for any call through or a commercial purpose. Secondly are all these people who are suggesting to try on call through, are they all Pakistani? The answer is No! So Please would you like to tell why you point out Pakistan only to get blacklist due to abuse? I am a Pakistani so that is why I have a feeling brother! For Jahjah may be they can't afford this amount of calling to Pakistan in this money! because now a days Pakistan's call is expensive comparing India etc. Ok if it was abused really so would you like to tell how Pakistanis abused this service? I also used this service for a month but I haven't got the idea of abuse in this case only remains a call-through service, so far so Irish and mostly Spanish call-through does not work for Pakistan! But the other option is excessive usage and I also tried to finish 5000 minutes given by the O2 but I could not, because for me it was not possible to finish 5000 minutes on 3 contacts. Just in case I finish 5000 minutes then its again my right not abuse! In other case if some one uses more than 5000 minutes and JaJah or O2 should have prevent to use beyond their given limit and that is not impossible for a telecommunication company like O2. So where is the abuse brother? Please would you like to through a little bit light?  Wink

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
petkow

« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2010, 03:45:08 PM »

.... So where is the abuse brother? Please would you like to through a little bit light?  Wink
Those were not my words. That is what o2 themselves said!
All Calls to Pakistan are to be temporarily stopped on 23rd May 2010 due to abuse.

However, let me just say that you are absolutely right in saying that provided you are a private caller who calls for less than 5000 minutes to a destination that was authorised, that this can not in any way be considered as "abuse". However, the system was very susceptible to loopholes. Something else was obviously going on for them to have considered that somebody was abusing the system in excessive calls to a particular numbering range in Pakistan. I do have a fairly good guess as to what was possibly going on. The bottom line is that somebody was making a lot of money very quickly in Pakistan, whilst o2/JahJah were very quickly loosing money here. This was detected very quickly, and unfortunately a blanket ban for all of Pakistan had to be applied. This is probably because the PTA (Telecoms Regulator in Pakistan) are not an easy office to deal with, and there may well be corruption even in there.

Unfortunately these things happen. A few idiots have abused the system, and so they spoil the benefits for everybody else. I am not saying that these people are representative of the characteristics of all people of Pakistani origin! Far from it!! As with so many things in life, a little bit of bad quickly spoils a lot of good.  Sad The situation is just so unfortunate in Pakistan because there is a disproportionate high level of corruption spread right across society. I am sure you will understand this truth.

With regards to your other point, if you read my earlier posts you will see that I have never recommended anybody should dial a callthrough with this service. Quite the opposite. Somebody asked me to do a test, and I mentioned I may try, if I was able to do so. I still haven't done so yet, and I actually do not think I will.   
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 05:05:31 PM by petkow » Logged
ganjbakhash

« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2010, 12:21:08 PM »

Yeah Petkow I got some clue from your post! That is true that there are some corrupt donkeys are governing my country now a days. I have an example in recent past when a big calling card company lycatel was offering 4p per minute call to Pakistan and an other new unknown calling card was offering 1p at the same time this gave a hard target to lycatel. So lycatel used some resources to investigate, the result found was: the unknown company is throughing the call to Japanese lines because of less cost and many Taxes are not on Japan and then from certain lines of Japan some corrupts in PTA are handling and throughing to the user destination and not paying a single penny to Gov/telecommunication authorities of Pakistan, in this case the man in UK having small server and some corrupt guys in Pak are making rapid money and both UK and Pak Governments are taking nothing. So they caught and at the end all dealers and users who bought the stock got a massive loss as well.

But in case of O2/Jahjah its strange, its giving me also an other clue that Jahjah hired some corrupt guys in PTA to save the money and launched the service for Pak, after that the deal was no longer valid due to a high numbers of calls received at PTA end and less revenue. But to be honestly I was thinking in early days of the service that this 5000 minutes of calls are not possible from UK to Pakistan in this amount of money i.e. £5/- or £10/- even £15/- when you pay properly all channels involve in the path from O2 to any Pakistan's telecom company in these days. It was 100% possible in previous Gov when they launched the satellite and uplifted all major taxes on telecom companies. But this corrupt Gov again raised up to 80% tax rate upon tlecom sector specially calls coming from abroad. Anyway its long story.

But I am 100% sure that there was no abuse from user end in UK, like me and you. As I read on O2 web site FAQ's according to them, we are closing temporarily Pakistan calls on 23rd, due to high number of demand, we may gonna start again for Pakistan in future. It clearly indicate that there is a deal problem between Jahjah and PTA/telecommunication companies in Pakistan.
Anyway thanks for your time Petkow!

Regards!

petkow

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »

It looks like o2 are now pulling the plug on this service for good!  Sad
HiPD

« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2010, 06:46:16 PM »

How did you reach that conclusion petkow?  Is there a link you can share?

A message from the dark side you have Wink
petkow

« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2010, 12:22:23 AM »

How did you reach that conclusion petkow?  Is there a link you can share?
Not got a link, though I wish I did. I got a rather strange SMS from them, stating that they were ending the trial, and closing the service. I have emailed them to query this, as the website says that the service was supposed to run until at least July.  Undecided I am awaiting a response, but will post back if I hear anything.
petkow

« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2010, 04:37:02 PM »

This is the response I got from them. It typically manages to avoid answering the questions I asked them, and answers questions I did not even ask.

We do not have specific information on why the decision has been made.
In terms of having the service in the future, there is a possibility. Please note that this service is just a beta or a Trial version and not the official service yet. Our project team is still finalizing the dates if this product should go live permanently.
ganjbakhash

« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »

This is the response I got from them. It typically manages to avoid answering the questions I asked them, and answers questions I did not even ask.

They sent me a text on 15th May that we are closing our service for Pakistan on 23rd May. So I did not top-up and I asked my other 3 friends do not do, as they have also received the same text. But one friend of mine said I wanna take risk of £10/- and he did still he is using the service the JahJah did not closed his account on 23rd  Huh Then I investigated many people are still using this service for Pakistan. So what I concluded that their customer service is not good and not updated at all, Its really beta and there are many glitches in it. so do not believe them yet as they are not stable.

moonandstar

« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2010, 12:17:14 PM »

They sent me a text on 15th May that we are closing our service for Pakistan on 23rd May. So I did not top-up and I asked my other 3 friends do not do, as they have also received the same text. But one friend of mine said I wanna take risk of £10/- and he did still he is using the service the JahJah did not closed his account on 23rd  Huh Then I investigated many people are still using this service for Pakistan. So what I concluded that their customer service is not good and not updated at all, Its really beta and there are many glitches in it. so do not believe them yet as they are not stable.

is this for mobile or landline calls?

moonandstar
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: