Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:10:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlimited International Calls from O2  (Read 106651 times)
radiakashyap

« on: April 13, 2010, 09:50:57 PM »

Hi. Please have a look at http://iff.o2.co.uk/default.aspx  it says you can call any international number unlimited for £5 or 3 number for £10 or 5 number for £15. It's a big list of countries included including India and Pakistan. Hope this will be benifit to members here.
freecallstoindia
Learner

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:23:26 PM »

hi
can u help me
how does it works as they said if we take £5 package
we can call one number to any international number form o2
which number are we going to use UK landline number or mobile number
petkow

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:47:19 PM »

Very interesting! It's apparently limited to 5000 minutes of calls to your chosen destination per month.

The ability to chose a number in other countries for your contacts there to call you on is especially interesting. That is a first to be coming from a provider directly!

hi
can u help me
how does it works as they said if we take £5 package
we can call one number to any international number form o2
which number are we going to use UK landline number or mobile number
If you go to the page it is all quite well explained. It costs you £5 per month and can be setup on your UK o2 Mobile phone only! (either contract or PAYG). You cannot use this from your landline.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:52:29 PM by petkow » Logged
petkow

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 11:12:15 PM »

Something else I just found out. You do not dial the international number direct, but call via an 0203 number that they specifically setup for the user that you have nominated. The service seems to be run together with jahjah.com
NewStarter

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 11:15:57 PM »

very interesting development indeed!! hope other providers will follow.

-NS
NewStarter

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »

More information in the FAQ section http://iff.o2.co.uk/faq/faq.aspx

Important ones are
Which countries can I call?
Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritius, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA, Vietnam.

And which countries can I set up my incoming international number in?
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, USA.

Why can’t I get an international phone number for every country?
At this time, we’re able to source international phone numbers in the countries we’ve listed. Please check back to see when new countries are added.
petkow

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 11:41:16 PM »

Also interesting that you can call both landlines and mobiles. For several countries like India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, there is not much difference in the rates between calling a landline and mobile anyhow, but for European countries, mobiles are usually quite expensive. There are some exceptions though, but I haven't found them yet! e.g. I know Spain Mobile is OK!
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 07:50:26 AM »

It's worth noting that this offer is a 3 moths trial.

dlR

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 09:43:02 AM »

Hi. Please have a look at http://iff.o2.co.uk/default.aspx  it says you can call any international number unlimited for £5 or 3 number for £10 or 5 number for £15. It's a big list of countries included including India and Pakistan. Hope this will be benifit to members here.

Thanks for making your post radiakashyap.        Smiley

There has already been some fruitful discussion of this, but I should like to add just a few points.

Firstly, from the terms and conditions:-

What numbers are included?
Most fixed line and mobile numbers listed for the countries below. (You might not be able to call mobiles in some countries). Calls to business switchboards or premium numbers aren't included, and some other numbers such as 0870 type numbers, conference calls and calls to satellite phones. There's a full list of excluded numbers and call types in our terms which you can see here.

What am I committing to?
With O2 International Friends & Family Bolt On, you're only committed for one month at a time. We will renew the service monthly unless you ask us to stop.

You can cancel by texting STOP to 8420460. We can't give you any money back, but you can keep on using O2 International Friends & Family Bolt On for the rest of the time you've paid for.

We're planning on offering this service until July 2010, but we may extend it.

How can I change my numbers?
To change the numbers of the people you wish to phone abroad, just go to manage my numbers at the top of this page.

You can only change these numbers twice per month. And you can't change your Call Me number incoming international phone number during the BETA period.

What is fair usage?
We expect people will want to make a lot of calls and talk for a long time. That's fine.  But we have a fair usage policy to make sure everyone’s getting a fair deal:
You can only talk for 60 minutes in one go. When you reach this limit, your call will be disconnected and you'll need to call again.
You can make calls for up to 5000 minutes in total each month, and you can receive up to 5000 minutes too. If you use the service more than this, we have the right to switch it off.

How do I stop my subscription?
Text STOP to 8420460. You will receive an SMS confirming that the service has been cancelled.

We can't give you any money back, but you can still make calls for the rest of the subscription period you've paid for.

What do I do if I've got a problem with the service?
Just send us an email with your question to Support-IFF@jajah.com

The second point to raise is that the value of this service will depend on how much you can use it.  If you have massive calling needs and can use all of the 5000 minutes allowed, you will get incredible value as your calls will cost just 0.1p per minute ( on the £5 one number deal ) !        Shocked

However, those with much more modest calling need will probably find they are getting far less value.        Cry

One final point: it is a bit worrying to see that calls to some NGN numbers are excluded.  From the terms and conditions posted above: "Calls to business switchboards or premium numbers aren't included, and some other numbers such as 0870 type numbers, conference calls and calls to satellite phones........"

It will be very interesting to see what happens if someone tries to set up this to call a callthrough service, such as one of Mikael's Irish callthoughs, or some Spanish 902 ones.        Wink

Any volunteers ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 09:46:58 AM »

Something else I just found out. You do not dial the international number direct, but call via an 0203 number that they specifically setup for the user that you have nominated.

You are probably right petkow, but where did you discover that ?        Undecided

Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find that in the Terms and Condition.        Cry

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
andy

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 09:53:41 AM »

Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find that in the Terms and Condition.        Cry

under the 2nd heading in the FAQ, How does [it] work

well, it doesn't specify actually 0203, but ...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:55:51 AM by andy » Logged
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 09:55:29 AM »

This service may also be very good to use the Irish 0700 call-through via. You could subscribe for just £5 per month to one number and make international calls to many different numbers. If this could work, I would look to getting a larger collection of the access number so different people would have different numbers.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:59:20 AM by Mikael » Logged

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 10:08:49 AM »

This service may also be very good to use the Irish 0700 call-through via. You could subscribe for just £5 per month to one number and make international calls to many different numbers. If this could work, I would look to getting a larger collection of the access number so different people would have different numbers.

Agreed: that was in my mind too.         Smiley

But do you have any reason to believe that Irish 700 numbers aren't counted as being "like 0870s" ?        Undecided

Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 10:27:43 AM »

Agreed: that was in my mind too.         Smiley

But do you have any reason to believe that Irish 700 numbers aren't counted as being "like 0870s" ?        Undecided

Well it would need testing, but most providers treat them as "Irish Mobile". Given that mobile numbers seem to be included in this deal, it could work very well. If it works, I may also get an updated design for the Irish call-through so users have to register, and unregistered ones would hear a voicemail or something similar.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:49:39 AM by mobaholic » Logged

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 10:52:01 AM »

Well it would need testing, but most providers treat them as "Irish Mobile". Given that mobile numbers seem to be included in this deal, it could work very well. If it works, I may also get an updated design for the Irish call-through so users have to register, and unregistered ones would hear a voicemail or something similar.

If your reasoning on this is correct, maybe some of your Irish 818 numbers could be used too ?        Undecided

Even your own system says they appear to be mobile numbers when you try to call them !        Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: