Fone Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:08:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New service on Orange?  (Read 10313 times)
petkow

« on: May 07, 2010, 12:08:37 PM »

Sorry for posting this here, (I do not see a reason why I would have to start a new thread just yet), but a new user over on telecomforum seems to have posted a new(?) number for calling Pakistan (and elsewhere) from inclusive minutes on Orange. Does anybody know what it is, and if it is even inclusive? It maybe something old or some other spam (which would hardly surprise me there).
The number is 0758 900 1213 and the thread is http://www.telecomforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3967.msg21294#msg21294

It comes up as Yim Siam Telecom Ltd. Does anybody know anything about them?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:56:40 PM by mobaholic » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 12:11:38 PM »

Sorry for posting this here, (I do not see a reason why I would have to start a new thread just yet), but a new user over on telecomforum seems to have posted a new(?) number for calling Pakistan (and elsewhere) from inclusive minutes on Orange. Does anybody know what it is, and if it is even inclusive? It maybe something old or some other spam (which would hardly surprise me there).
The number is 0758 900 1213 and the thread is http://www.telecomforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3967.msg21294#msg21294

I have already looked into this earlier this morning.

It is a WiFi number on the Yim Siam Telecom network as you posted.

I have come across them before in connection with WiFi numbers that used to be used as callthroughs on both O2 and Orange.  Most of them got blocked however.

I do not yet know whether it is inclusive on Orange or not.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:57:23 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
petkow

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »

It is a WiFi number on the Yim Siam Telecom network.
Oops.. cross post!
Looks like you were looking at ukphoneinfo.com (or similar) at the same moment as me. Wink
http://www.yimsiam.biz/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:57:49 PM by mobaholic » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »

Oops.. cross post!
Looks like you were looking at ukphoneinfo.com (or similar) at the same moment as me. Wink
http://www.yimsiam.biz/

Yes I had to add further information to my reply above when I saw you mentioned Yim Siam.        Wink

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:58:03 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
petkow

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 12:23:17 PM »

Thanks.

Now looked into it a bit more, and it looks like its a service that the company themselves run. The last 5 digits seem to be agent specific. The company claims calls to 075890xxxxx are inclusive for Orange Contract Mobiles. The full list of destinations can be found here: http://www.yimsiam.biz/destinations

They claim to have several normally expensive destinations such as mobiles in Europe. (e.g. Spain Mobile)

They also run another clever service called SawasdeeFone which allows you to map one of their UK 07 WiFI numbers to a Thai mobile. I saw this on their site:

You can now get your own UK Mobile number from Yim Siam Telecom 'free of charge' which makes it look like you have a UK mobile phone. SawasdeeFone - MobileDial will enable your friends, colleagues and business associates in UK to call you in Thailand without having to make an international call. It's very simple - we allocate you one of our UK mobile numbers which is programmed to forward calls to your Thai number (mobile or landline). When somone calls your UK mobile number, the call will automatically be transferred to your Thai number in a matter of seconds. This will save UK callers incurring exoribtant costs for making international calls to you - and it is a completely free service - provided by SawasdeeFone - a brand style of Yim Siam Telecom which is based in UK and Thailand. UK callers only pay the normal cost for making a UK to UK mobile call.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:58:22 PM by mobaholic » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »

As this discussion is now going a bit OT, perhaps these posts should now be split as a new thread for Yim Siam? If so, just delete this post after.

btw. MH... there is an interesting symmetry in our post count right now 202 and 2002! Wink

I will think about moving it later this afternoon.       Wink

Congratulations on becoming a Senior Member petkow.        Smiley

You are now one of just 2 such who aren't in a Moderator or admin position.        Wink

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:58:55 PM by mobaholic » Logged

sdp

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »

I have already looked into this earlier this morning.

It is a WiFi number on the Yim Siam Telecom network as you posted.

I have come across them before in connection with WiFi numbers that used to be used as callthroughs on both O2 and Orange.  Most of them got blocked however.

I do not yet know whether it is inclusive on Orange or not.

yes it is inclusive  on, i tried from Orange contract.
sdp
amitjajoo

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 04:00:02 PM »

Another new service, am I the only one here who is loosing the counts of the various services available concurrently !!  Huh

As long as its free who's complaining  Grin
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 09:54:20 AM »

Both Graham and myself conducted tests on this new service yesterday, and we were pleased to find that this is another way to connect to the Irish 700 service.        Smiley

Their destinations' list is shown at http://www.yimsiam.biz/orange/Default.aspx and is quite impressive.  It is fairly rare to see destinations like Algeria Mob., Angola Mob., Antigua Barbuda Mob., Argentina Mob., Australia Mob., Bahamas Mob., Bahrain Mob., Bangladesh Mob., Bermuda Mob., Bhutan, Bhutan Mob., Bolivia Mob., Botswana Mob., Brazil Mob., Brunei Mob., Burundi Mob., Cambodia Mob., Canada Mob., Chile Mob., China Mob., Colombia Mob., Costa Rica Mob., Cyprus Mob., Egypt Mob., Finland Mob., France Mob., Georgia Mob., Germany Mob., Greece Mob., Guam Mob., Guatemala Mob., Hong Kong Mob., Hungary Mob., India Mob., Indonesia Mob., Iran Mob., Iraq Mob., Israel Mob., Japan Mob., Jordan, Jordan Mob., Kazakhstan Mob., Kenya Mob., Kuwait Mob., Kyrgyzstan Mob., Laos Mob., Lithuania Mob., Macau Mob., Malawi Mob., Malaysia Mob., Mauritius Mob., Mexico Mob., Mongolia Mob., Montserrat Mob., Nepal Mob., Nigeria Mob., North Cyprus Mob., Northern Marianas Mob., Pakistan Mob., Panama Mob., Paraguay, Paraguay Mob., Peru, Peru Mob., Philippines, Philippines Mob., Poland, Poland Mob., Portugal, Portugal Mob., Romania Mob., Russia Mob., Rwanda Mob., Samoa American Mob., San Marino Mob., Saudi Arabia Mob., Seychelles Mob., Singapore Mob., South Africa Mob., South Korea Mob., Spain Mob., Sri Lanka Mob., Sweden Mob., Taiwan Mob., Tajikistan Mob., Tanzania Mob., Thailand Mob., Trinidad and Tobago Mob., Turkey Mob., Turkmenistan Mob., Uganda Mob., UK Fixed, UK Mob., Ukraine Mob., USA Mob., Uzbekistan Mob., Venezuela Mob., Vietnam Mob., and Zambia Mob. all being included ( as well as their long list of landline destinations. )       Grin

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:16:25 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: