Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:26:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dialling 08 numbers to get points  (Read 8545 times)
jagga303

« on: May 15, 2010, 12:48:14 PM »

hi
Apologies if this is in wrong area.
Is there any service from Mikael that is similar to QX Dial+ where you dial 0870/0872/0845/0844 and gain points which in turn can be used to call abroad, and you can transfer/link these points to other mobiles/landline numbers.
I mainly call Pakistan and on occasions I use QX Dial+ 0872 number to gain points but this is only 3 points per minute called.

Many thanks

Jagga303
pease

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 02:21:01 PM »

I came across this web site:
http://www.topupbycall.com/ It says that: "Top-up by calling an 0845 number – this is free within many bundles offered by BT, Talk Talk and other landline providers. It only takes a few seconds to
top up – so you can make multiple calls to top-up.

For your 0845 top-up you get 1 credit."

NewStarter

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 04:10:21 PM »

I came across this web site:
http://www.topupbycall.com/ It says that: "Top-up by calling an 0845 number – this is free within many bundles offered by BT, Talk Talk and other landline providers. It only takes a few seconds to
top up – so you can make multiple calls to top-up.

For your 0845 top-up you get 1 credit."

Nice find. But not so useful from BT at least as they have limit on the number of calls you make (150). Also credits required to make international calls is a bit high.

Yes, something better than nothing Smiley

-NS
NewStarter

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 04:13:10 PM »

hi
Apologies if this is in wrong area.
Is there any service from Mikael that is similar to QX Dial+ where you dial 0870/0872/0845/0844 and gain points which in turn can be used to call abroad, and you can transfer/link these points to other mobiles/landline numbers.
I mainly call Pakistan and on occasions I use QX Dial+ 0872 number to gain points but this is only 3 points per minute called.

Many thanks

Jagga303

You may want to look here..
http://www.foneforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,647.60.html

-NS
Graham

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 10:58:31 PM »

I received information about this site today and have taken a closer look at the destinations list. There do appear to be some very reasonable rates for certain destinations, notably:

Australia Mobiles - 1 unit a minute (for operators: Hutchison, Optus and Globalstar)

Aruba Mobile  - 1 unit a minute

Belgium Mobile - 2 units a minute (for operators: Base, Mobistar and Proximus)

Brazil Mobile - 2 units a minute

Bulgaria Mobile  - 2 units a minute

Colombia Mobile  - 2 units a minute

Congo Mobile  - 2 units a minute

French Guiana Mobile - 2 units a minute

Hungary Mobile - 1 unit a minute

India Mobile - 1 or 2 units a minute, depending on which network

*North Korea  - 1 unit a minute  Shocked

Portugal Mobile  - 2 units a minute

*Qatar Landline and Mobile - 1 unit a minute Shocked

Reunion Mobile  - 1 unit a minute

Romania Mobile - 1 unit a minute

South Africa Mobile - 2 units a minute

The site also lists UK 0844 numbers at 13 units a minute and UK 0871 numbers at 7 units a minute. I would think that some of the rates quoted may be typos, especially for N. Korea and Qatar. Test reports on this service would be most welcome.TIA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: