Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:34:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O2 adds Simplicity to prepay  (Read 22548 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: May 20, 2010, 09:41:11 AM »

Shake up of pay and go tariffs extends Sim-only deals to prepay customers

O2 has overhauled its prepay tariffs by extending its Sim-only Simplicity offer to pay and go customers.

The move comes as the line between the prepay market and Sim-only becomes increasingly blurred, Michael Williamson, head of pay & go at O2 told Mobile.

He said the move was linked with the increasing popularity of Sim-only deals.  Williamson said: ‘Sim-only is definitely squeezing the prepay market – customers are terming these deals as prepay.’

Simplicity on Pay & Go from O2 starts with unlimited texts for just £5 per month and matches O2’s 30 day rolling pay monthly deals offering customers unlimited texts and a choice of either unlimited web or inclusive cross net calls at £10 and £15 per month.  At £20 they can benefit from unlimited texts, unlimited internet and inclusive minutes.

The new tariffs will roll out from 4 June, backed up by a marketing campaign which will include a TV ad.

‘We are absolutely committed to growth in pay and go,’ Williamson said, adding that O2 has the highest prepay ARPU of any network.

The new option allows customers to switch the tariff on and off as they need it.

Source:-   MobileToday.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
ganjbakhash

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 01:45:06 PM »

Really a good news! making competitive environment in telecommunication industry. its a big threat for like giffgaff is currently offering £5/- unlimited texts monthly, how they gonna attract their customer after O2 offer? Its good for the consumer anyway!

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
petkow

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 02:38:21 PM »

its a big threat for like giffgaff is currently offering £5/- unlimited texts monthly, how they gonna attract their customer after O2 offer? Its good for the consumer anyway!
Well not quite! o2 owns Giffgaff.

Also, the new simplicity prepay tariffs haven't actually been announced yet have they?
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 05:19:27 PM »

Well not quite! o2 owns Giffgaff.

Could you be so kind petkow and provide us with a source of this statement please.

dlR

petkow

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 06:29:19 PM »

The source of the statement is just little old me.

If you really need a written source you could try http://lmgtfy.com/?q=giffgaff+subsidiary+of+o2.

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 07:45:18 PM »

Could you be so kind petkow and provide us with a source of this statement please.

dlR

I can confirm that petkow is right: Giffgaff is owned by, and funded by, O2.        Smiley

See:-   http://giffgaff.com/boiler-plate/team        Wink

About us

We're a group of people who, one day, put our phones down, scratched our heads and thought 'there's got to be a better way of doing this mobile stuff.' The people at O2 agreed, and said they'd back us.  We're now up and running, but we're still a restless lot, still as keen to do things differently.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 09:01:33 PM »

The source of the statement is just little old me.

If you really need a written source you could try http://lmgtfy.com/?q=giffgaff+subsidiary+of+o2.

Thank you Pete   Wink no, it wasn't so difficult..

ganjbakhash

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 10:16:07 PM »

Do any one know that, what is the FUP limit of texts on O2 simplicity unlimited text and calls monthly rollover contract? Because they did not mentioned anywhere on their site or terns and conditions. I called O2 today and asked please give me an official limit of FUP figure, but they were unable to give me a satisfactory answer. One operator told me that its really unlimited no FUP, it was strange for me  Huh Then I called again so operator put me on hold to get the information, I remained on hold for 20 minutes operator did not came back  Shocked then I cut the call, because I was charged 5P per minute  Wink I wonder company like O2 did not disclosed such information, is the entire customer's interest. I don't know why, what kind of marketing strategy? So I decided to post it on my forum  Cool

My concern is! Is this appropriate for Mikael's text service? Is any one using it for this purpose? Any experience and confirm information, will be highly appreciated!

Regards!

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 11:06:02 PM »

Do any one know that, what is the FUP limit of texts on O2 simplicity unlimited text and calls monthly rollover contract? Because they did not mentioned anywhere on their site or terns and conditions. I called O2 today and asked please give me an official limit of FUP figure, but they were unable to give me a satisfactory answer. One operator told me that its really unlimited no FUP, it was strange for me  Huh Then I called again so operator put me on hold to get the information, I remained on hold for 20 minutes operator did not came back  Shocked then I cut the call, because I was charged 5P per minute  Wink I wonder company like O2 did not disclosed such information, is the entire customer's interest. I don't know why, what kind of marketing strategy? So I decided to post it on my forum  Cool

My concern is! Is this appropriate for Mikael's text service? Is any one using it for this purpose? Any experience and confirm information, will be highly appreciated!

Regards!

See my reply no #95 and the following ones as well.

dlR

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 09:52:53 AM »

I would be somewhat cautious about assuming the prepay Simplicity tariff will necessarily mirror their existing one.        Wink

The full details are not yet published after all.         Cry

However, I have been sent the following information by O2 customer services:-

I'm pleased to inform you about the new Simplicity tariffs on Pay & Go.

1) SIMPLICITYTEXT: It offers unlimited cross-network texts for £5 a month.

2) SIMPLICITYTEXT100: It offers unlimited cross network texts and 100 cross network minutes for £10 a month.

3) SIMPLICITYTEXT300: It offers unlimited cross network texts and 300 cross network minutes for £15 a month.

4) SIMPLICITYTEXTWEB: It offers unlimited cross network texts and unlimited web for £10 a month.

5) SIMPLICITYTEXTWEB100: It offers unlimited cross network texts; unlimited web and 100 cross network minutes for £15 a month.

6) SIMPLICITYTEXTWEB300 offers unlimited cross network texts; unlimited web and 300 cross network minutes for £20 a month.

You'll need to maintain a balance (depending upon the tariff you select) on your account on the anniversary date in order to receive the tariff allowance each month.

If you want me to activate any of the above Simplicity tariff, please reply to my email after selecting one of the tariff. I'll then forward you request to our support team.  The Simplicity tariff will be activated in the next 48 hours.

Also, the tariff rates will change when you opt for the Simplicity tariff.

I hope you'll find the information useful.

Thanks again for taking the time to email us and have a wonderful afternoon.

For lots more help and how to get the best from your O2 service, please visit our online Help Centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help

Kind regards

O2 Customer Service

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:53:31 AM by mobaholic » Logged

delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 12:16:06 PM »

mh, did ganjbakhash not ask about a rollover contract?

IMVHO the tarrif names might be a bit confusing for costomers

dlR

mike

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 12:18:24 PM »

mh, did ganjbakhash not ask about a rollover contract?

Never heard of them.   Roll Eyes

Did he give a link, or can you?   Undecided

delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 12:24:44 PM »

Never heard of them.   Roll Eyes

Did he give a link, or can you?   Undecided

PAYM Simplicity is a 30day rollover contract, isn't it? Just like most other sim-only contracts.

dlR

mike

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »

PAYM Simplicity is a 30day rollover contract, isn't it? Just like most other sim-only contracts.

dlR

No it's not AFAIK.   Roll Eyes

A SIM only 30 day Simplicity contract is a contract.  PAYG Simplicity is quite different.  It will be a monthly Bolt On, added those months where your pay & go balance allows it.   Wink

Read mh's post again.   Wink

delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 12:51:47 PM »

No it's not AFAIK.   Roll Eyes

A SIM only 30 day Simplicity contract is a contract.  PAYG Simplicity is quite different.  It will be a monthly Bolt On, added those months where your pay & go balance allows it.   Wink

Read mh's post again.   Wink

Oh aye Mike  Wink with pleasure. I appreciate what you're saying. I'm quite confident mh is advising us kindly about the PAYG Simplicity, but I'll repeat my question:

Did ganjbakhash not ask about a rollover contract?

Do any one know that, what is the FUP limit of texts on O2 simplicity unlimited text and calls monthly rollover contract?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: