Fone Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:53:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timely warning to 3 Pre Pay users.  (Read 4684 times)
mobileman

« on: April 21, 2010, 01:00:34 PM »

This is the last day that 3 Pre Pay users will be able to use free voicemail.    Cry

From tomorrow it will be charged at 15p per minute.    Huh

This has been posted on the forum before, but I felt our readers should be given a fresh warning about it.    Wink

If you wish to disable your 3 voicemail, to ensure you won't forget and pick up voicemail to the detriment of your account balance, you cannot do it from your handset, or on My 3.    Cry

The only remedy seems to be to call customer services on 333, and ask for it to be switched off.    Wink

However, doing this alone does NOT work in my experience, and you need to follow up that call with inputting the following GSM code into your handset:

##002# then send.  This cancels all redirections that may be set up on your mobile.    Wink

I have not yet tested whether this instruction alone will suffice, but I have shared both steps to ensure there should be no failures.

HTH.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:50:32 AM by mobileman » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 10:06:36 AM »

This is the last day that 3 Pre Pay users will be able to use free voicemail.    Cry

From tomorrow it will be charged at 15p per minute.    Huh

This has been posted on the forum before, but I felt our readers should be given a fresh warning about it.    Wink

If you wish to disable your 3 voicemail, to ensure you won't forget and pick up voicemail to the detriment of your account balance, you cannot do it from your handset, or on My 3.    Cry

The only remedy seems to be to call customer services on 333, and ask for it to be switched off.    Wink

However, doing this alone does NOT work in my experience, and you need to follow up that call with inputting the following GSM code into your handset:

##002# then send.  This cancels all redirections that may be set up on your mobile.    Wink

I have not yet tested whether this instruction alone will suffice, but I have shared both steps to ensure there should be no failures.

HTH.

I have now done test on this on 2 of my '3' Pre Pay SIMs, and I can now say that the GSM code ##002# does not do the job alone.
Apparently, this cancels all diverts on the 'phone, but doesn't stop the network from diverting calls to your voicemail when your mobile is not switched on.        Wink

I can also share good news about having your '3' voicemail deactivated.  Firstly, this is not an irreversible process, and your voicemail can be switched on again if you change your mind.  This is done almost instantly ( as is the deactivation ) through a free call to 333.        Wink

The even better news is that I have found is that someone calls your '3' number when your mobile is not switched on, they will hear the message: "This number is temporarily unavailable", and the call will NOT be charged to the caller, or come out of their inclusive minutes.  '3' have set it up so that the incoming call appears to other networks as though it has not been answered.        Grin

HTH.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
cartoon302

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 08:26:51 PM »

Thanks for information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: