Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:49:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum reorganization  (Read 18777 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 01:54:07 PM »

Just to let members know that I have spent some time on the SMF forum today, and have downloaded a lot of extra software for us.

I cannot install them from the network I am using this afternoon, but hopefully I shall be able to do so via mobile broadband tonight.

They will give us extra avatars for members to choose for their profiles ( including Animated Avatars, animated women avatars, harry potter avatars, and star wars avatars ); and a lot of 'Mods' ( modifications ) which I need to test out one by one.  Some of these will be visible to all members, whilst others will enhance Moderator and admin functions.  One will add links at the top and bottom of all pages, so there is a quick way to go down or back up to the top on every page.  There is also an addition to protect us from attempted Bot registrations.  These will only remain on the forum if tests show them to work as hoped with our software ( though I have been careful to see that all are described as being compatible with SMF1.1.11 )

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 10:26:47 AM »

As an update to my post above, we did experience a software error last night which prevented all Membergroups from making a post or reply.        Cry

My grateful thanks to an administrator who kindly visited here this morning and fixed this for us.        Smiley

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: