Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:13:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Every member's own choice.  (Read 39621 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 02:18:40 PM »

Thanks for the new Hasam theme mh, it's great!    Grin

Just to let you know we now have 4 more themes.  Flagrant is quite nice; but I don't recommend Loner, Reference, or Synchronize because they do funny things with the page size.  You will need to try them for yourself if you don't understand my last remark.        Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
gemeni5093

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »

Nice work ..I like Black Rain Smiley..
Regards.
gemeni5093
ganjbakhash

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 04:42:22 PM »

I used Hasan, Beautiful!

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
jagga303

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 05:28:42 PM »

I used Black Rain, very good indeed.

Well done to MH and to everyone involved for these wonderful colour themes.

Jagga303
petkow

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 06:03:41 PM »

Do other users who use black rain not see the annoying spots across the menu bar?
HiPD

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 06:54:44 PM »

Do other users who use black rain not see the annoying spots across the menu bar?

There is a criss-cross border that frames the whole screen, if that is what you mean, but NO spots here.  What are you on about?   Undecided

BTW you have been a pain in the proverbial demanding polls from mh, and then done nothing about them.  Huh

He said he would disable them again if you don't, and I would predict this will happen sooner rather than later.  As you obviously have spent a lot of time making other posts, so why not "pull your finger out" and get on with it?   Undecided

Just my advice anyway.  Wink

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 07:17:31 PM by Dave » Logged

A message from the dark side you have Wink
Dave
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »

I have edited HiPD's post, as he tells me the software did not give him the option to do so himself.    Cry

He assures me that he tried opting back into the default Core theme, but this made no difference at all.  It is therefore not something specifically related to the Black Rain theme he is using.    Roll Eyes

I suggest that mh should look into this issue, as it is the first report that I have seen of a member being unable to modify his own post.   Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
petkow

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 07:54:21 PM »

BTW you have been a pain in the proverbial demanding polls from mh, and then done nothing about them.  Huh

He said he would disable them again if you don't, and I would predict this will happen sooner rather than later.  As you obviously have spent a lot of time making other posts, so why not "pull your finger out" and get on with it?   Undecided
Thanks for enabling Polls Mobaholic.
Thank you for reminding me to use them.
Unfortunately I have been too busy to set one up since they have been enabled, especially as the options of themes available change on a daily basis.

I just thought it might be useful to make use of them such as for asking about what people may want as a default theme. It is not my job to set up such a poll. If no-one in the forum management is interested in allowing its users to come to a democratic consensus on such matters (or anything else), then by all means just disable the facility. It's no shirt off my back! That way I do not have to take such crap again! After all, I hardly see the point of a Poll where the same users can sign in as multiple user
petkow

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 07:55:31 PM »

...s.

(I cannot edit my post either. That is disabled on this board!)
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 08:35:31 PM »

Thanks for your comments petkow.  Actually I haven't reminded you about the polls.  I accept you may be busy, and am quite prepared to give some time for this.  Do you think it would be helpful to have a board specifically for polls, on the Miscellaneous section perhaps ?        Undecided

Although I deleted 10 themes one day for reasons I explained, and managed to add 4 more the following day, I don't think it is fair to imply that this quite amounts to changing on a daily basis !        Wink

The problems being reported on this board are undoubtedly connected with the action I had to take to restrict posting here.  You may not be aware of the reasons for this.  For some period many members, who couldn't be bothered to look and see where a post should be made, took the easy way out of posting on the first board available: here.  There were a host of such posts made, which I had to move, as they were nothing to do with forum announcements at all !       Huh

Accordingly, I tried to make this a read only board, where only Moderators could post, but for unknown reasons the software on this board never behaved as expected.  The result is that, although it may need a Moderator to begin a thread here, 'all and sundry' are able to make replies apparently ( though not to edit them it seems ! )        Roll Eyes

If you are interested in the technicalities,  all SMF boards are either 'general permissions' ones, or 'local permissions' ones.  I have to make this a local permission board in order to restrict posting rights here ( and the software doesn't allow a switch back in the opposite direction. )  I have played with the settings of this board endlessly, but it has never worked as I wanted.        Cry

So that is a little bit of history for you, which may explain some of the things reported by another member and yourself.       Wink

I will send you a PM tomorrow about other things you wrote.

jagga303

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 09:48:31 PM »

I see them too, but I thought it was Black Rain. Cool
petkow

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 11:42:55 PM »

Actually I haven't reminded you about the polls. 
...and I didn't specifically say that you did so either.

I find it very strange that you should say so, as I made just one passing mention to it here on this thread! Even there, I didn't specifically mention that I was interested in starting a poll. I would hardly call this "demanding"! I just stated that a poll could be a good method of gauging users opinions about what is being discussed in this thread:

This is one example of where having polls enabled could be a really good idea!

Of course I have said quite a bit more about polls... but that was on a thread that is located in the Seniors board, which members like you with under 200 posts are not really supposed to have access to!  Undecided
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2010, 12:42:43 PM »

I fully intended last night to send both HiPD and petkow PMs, following their exchange on this thread, and I shall still do so.  However, in view of some misrepresentations, and some confusion that has arisen, I believe that it is necessary to publicly post some clarifications.

HiPD, please do not pretend to know more about what I think than you do.  You just make yourself look ridiculous, and cause unnecessary trouble, that way.

Secondly, I shall seriously fall out with you if you grossly misrepresent what I have told you.  I did reply to your PM query about petkow and polls, but all that I told you was there had been some discussion, at some length, on another board, and that he was in favour of them.  I did NOT say, or in any way imply, that I thought petkow was being a pain about this.  You seriously misrepresented my position, and I shall thank you to stop trying to use me to aggravate petkow.

( It is true that we did disagree about the usefulness of polls, but my willingness to let him trial them shows that I am open to being persuaded otherwise about this issue. ) 

...and I didn't specifically say that you did so either.

petkow, your first 2 sentences were: "Thanks for enabling Polls Mobaholic.
Thank you for reminding me to use them".
Where did you indicate any change in the person whom you were addressing ?

Secondly, you have twice made unsubstantiated allegations about 'glove puppetry', and multiple accounts, which are unworthy of you.  I know of no evidence for this.  HiPD's connection to the forum is, and always has been, unique to him, and is not shared by any other member.

( Of course this guarantees nothing, as I know no personal details of any member's identity other than what he chooses to disclose to me.  But even Oron, with all of his love of imposing rules, could stop some multiple user accounts slipping past him.  Do you remember non_mercury_fan, and Paul Varjak, on the no-longer-nifty forum ?  When I reported what I believed to Oron - not making snide posts I might add ! - he simply told me that he could not see that they were the individual whom I thought.  He was not prepared to take any action without evidence.  This is one principle that I have to follow myself.  So HiPD's account is a single one, at least until any evidence is produced to the contrary. )

Lastly, it was outrageous of you to suggest that whatever views HiPD expressed were indicative that "no-one in the forum management is interested in allowing its users to come to a democratic consensus on such matters (or anything else)....."  You knew this to be UNTRUE - not least because Mikael had spoken up as being in favour of polls in the Senior Members board thread, and you knew him to be more positive about them than I am, or was !

From my own perspective, I think that HiPD is still stuck in the past.  I understand that he had a rough and bruising time on the other forum, which is one reason why I am sympathetic to him, and he may well have seen petkow there as being a something of a stooge for Oron.  I did myself, when he forwarded one of my private PMs to Oron, who immediately threatened to ban me !  But petkow has left there now: the past is no longer relevant.  Things have moved on !  You need to know HiPD that petkow is here with my warm welcome.  He has already made a tremendous contribution by way of posts.  I shall not get rid of him to please you.

And petkow, you need to know similarly that HiPD has made his own 'colourful' contribution here.  He is 'part of our furniture' !  He, too, is staying.

I appeal to you both to settle any outstanding issues between yourselves via PMs.  I do not wish to see you being like a terrier at petkow's heels HiPD.  And neither do I want to see any unsubstantiated allegations from you again petkow.  You are both far too valueable to the forum to dispense with either of you.  So please forgive and forget the past, settle your differences, learn to coexist, and start to collaborate constructively.  That would be one of the most constructive ways you can both help the forum.

Thank you.

Graham

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2010, 03:15:47 PM »

Wise and constructive comments, MH.
petkow

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2010, 03:02:43 AM »

Wise and constructive comments, MH.
Here's some true wisdom: "first rule of holes - when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging".

Anyhow, there's plenty I can say about all of this, but I won't, as judging by the above, way too much has been said already. Isn't this a forum about phones and stuff? Let's just stick with that!

I appeal to you both to settle any outstanding issues between yourselves via PMs. 
Huh  So who do I apparently have an outstanding issue with? Over what exactly?

Anyhow, as usual, I'll happily move on over all this. I can deal with all the stuff that happens here, no matter how bizarre I may think it is!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: