Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:46:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cyprus local access number  (Read 23258 times)
korny88

« on: June 30, 2010, 01:37:24 AM »

Just come across this service from Poketalk - it allows international calls for the cost of a local call from Cyprus.

See here: www.poketalk.com/cy

I've successfully managed to access it using the Japanese call through on the forum, if that be of help to anyone! Smiley

Claims to allow calls for over 80 destinations.

Get a UK 0870 number forwarded to a number in Pakistan or India or other countries.
korny88

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 01:38:13 AM »

I haven't checked if it would connect to the Irish callthrough.

Get a UK 0870 number forwarded to a number in Pakistan or India or other countries.
getcopy

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 09:57:18 AM »

Thanks korny88 for this find. I found that this number is inclusive in Talktalk international package. So we have now another option to make international calls.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 09:58:40 AM »

Thanks korny88 for this find. I found that this number is inclusive in Talktalk international package. So we have now another option to make international calls.

That is good getcopy: have you tested it yet to any of the Irish callthrough services ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
getcopy

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 10:21:32 AM »

That is good getcopy: have you tested it yet to any of the Irish callthrough services ?        Undecided
It did not connect to any of the Irish callthroughs. I tested that it connected to one spanish callthrough though.
Graham

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 10:33:34 AM »

If it connects to Spanish 902s, then this is interesting as it will be possible to connect to many destinations, including the Irish 700 service. Thanks for the report, Getcopy.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 09:40:09 AM »

I have received one report that this service can no longer be reached.  I have not tried myself.  If any member can confirm, or contradict, this report, please post your findings below.

The same goes for anyone who knows what has happened please.

TIA.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
getcopy

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 06:20:47 PM »

I get "... number you dialed has not been recognised ...", either it is blocked OR the number it self is not working.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 01:42:12 PM »

I get "... number you dialed has not been recognised ...", either it is blocked OR the number it self is not working.

I received a text from Graham at lunch time, telling me that he found the Cyprus callthrough was working again, and it is still connecting to Spanish 902's.        Smiley

This information may be useful to TalkTalk users wishing to call India, as well as to others.        Wink

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »

I have tested calling this service today, and found that it did not work.        Cry

Graham has confirmed the same when calling from his TalkTalk line.

If anybody knows what is happening, please post your report below.        Wink

getcopy

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »

Yes, today it did not work. I have noticed in past as well that service sometimes stops working but comes back after sometime. Hope the same this time  Wink
twister32

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 04:15:07 PM »

do you need to dial the number mentioned on the web or need some kind of international dialing code with it.?
mobileman

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 07:34:51 AM »

do you need to dial the number mentioned on the web or need some kind of international dialing code with it.?

The number given on http://www.poketalk.com/cy is for people living in Cyprus.  If you live there use it.  If not, look up the country code just as you would for any foreign destination.  UK websites similarly give UK numbers, without specifying 0044 for foreigners!   Wink

prion

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 12:17:44 PM »

You need to dial +357 followed by the callthrough number. I am able to access it using a voip carrier. Charge is the same as a mobile number in Cyprus
seanjoe

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 03:11:37 PM »

the number was not working for sometime today morning. but just a few min ago, its working
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: