Fone Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:23:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to Giffgaff users  (Read 17240 times)
mobileman

« on: June 30, 2010, 09:41:55 AM »

Anyone who has enjoyed 6 months of free data on Giffgaff, which was extended for a seventh month due to O2 incompetence, should watch out that they are not charged tomorrow.

My understanding is that the free data ( up to 100 MB per day ) was only extended till the end of June, so it should be ending tonight.        Wink

From tomorrow, it will be a lot more expensive: 50p for only up to 30 MB, and quite a hefty penalty imposed if you exceed that amount ( via a charge of 20p per MB thereafter. )        Huh

So it will only be worth using if you purchase a 'Goody Bag'.        Wink

Unfortunately, Giffgaff have been totally pig headed in refusing to sell a data only Goody Bag, so the cost will be a minimum of £10 per month.  ( However, the compensating factor is that your data allowance will then be unlimited, not subject to a ceiling of 100 MB per day. )

petkow

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 04:01:03 PM »

Good advice! Thanks.
Unfortunately, Giffgaff have been totally pig headed in refusing to sell a data only Goody Bag, so the cost will be a minimum of £10 per month.  ( However, the compensating factor is that your data allowance will then be unlimited, not subject to a ceiling of 100 MB per day. )
I wonder if their "unlimited internet" on this package will also eventually be capped to 500MB/month, just like it is for contract users on their parent company o2??
ruz

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 06:14:28 PM »

Hi,

So if i have to use I phone then i have to be very calculative if its data going to be capped. Will O2 send any warning or anything if we are exceeding the usage?

Ruz.
petkow

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 07:00:58 PM »

Quote from: ruz link=topic=1540.msg80f28#msg8028 date=1277918068
So if i have to use I phone then i have to be very calculative if its data going to be capped. Will O2 send any warning or anything if we are exceeding the usage?
Are you using the iPhone on GiffGaf or o2? If on GiffGaff, and you have a "Goody Bag", then there is currently no limit. You will hear from them if there is any change in this policy. If you have no "Goody Bag" you will be charged from tomorrow as stated in the first post.
BJ

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »

If you have no "Goody Bag" you will be charged from tomorrow as stated in the first post.

Things have changed.  Wink free data on payg basic extended to 30/9/2010

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/bg-p/giffgaff
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:31:42 PM by BJ » Logged
petkow

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 07:31:45 PM »

Thanks BJ. So that means more free data! More good news for Giffgaffers.

Edit: oops. my reply posted seconds after BJ's edit.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:33:29 PM by petkow » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 07:39:18 PM »

Things have changed.  Wink free data on payg basic extended to 30/9/2010

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/bg-p/giffgaff

Thanks for the news BJ.       Smiley

Kindly note that although Vincent's post is dated late last night, the official rates' page still displays the information posted my mobileman.       Wink

See:-   http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing

Free Mobile Internet:
You lucky giffgaff pioneers can even enjoy free UK mobile Internet up to the end of June 2010. After that date, mobile Internet will be charged at 50p a day (if you use less than 2.5MB/day you'll pay less than 50p and if you go over 30MB you'll be charged extra at 20p/MB).

I also know, as a user of Giffgaff, that they have not emailed the news to members, as they did 3 or 4 days in advance last time.        Huh

So the 'egg' is on Giffgaff's face, for not updating their prices' page, not on the OP.       Wink

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:58:51 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
BJ

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 07:47:02 PM »

Any guesses what tomorrows exciting development might be .

See www.giffgaff.com  GiffGaff Tweets.

Cheaper Goody Bags maybe. Grin
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:49:01 PM by BJ » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 07:52:21 PM »

Don't know, sorry.        Cry

( The crystal ball is a bit cloudy tonight ! )

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
NewStarter

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »

Yes.. it is.. Grin but only on the ones from 10 pounds and above.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/bg-p/GiffGaff
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 01:52:48 PM »

Yes.. it is.. Grin but only on the ones from 10 pounds and above.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/bg-p/GiffGaff

Now that is some good news: thanks NS.        Smiley

( Mind you, I shall probably just use the free data for July, August & September personally. )        Grin

Please note that Giffgaff's 'half price summer sale' is only for July currently ( unless that later gets extended too. )        Wink

NewStarter

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 06:09:43 PM »

Now that is some good news: thanks NS.        Smiley

( Mind you, I shall probably just use the free data for July, August & September personally. )        Grin

Please note that Giffgaff's 'half price summer sale' is only for July currently ( unless that later gets extended too. )        Wink

I agree with you to stay with the free data until end of September.
But I didn't know that you can queue up your goodybags!!.. if you want you can queue up the half price goodybags..
That sounds interesting.
mobileman

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 06:22:51 PM »

I agree with you to stay with the free data until end of September.
But I didn't know that you can queue up your goodybags!!.. if you want you can queue up the half price goodybags..
That sounds interesting.

Your post is indeed interesting NS, but I haven't seen that on the Giffgaff website myself.   Cry

Would you kindly post a link to this please?   Undecided

TIA.

BJ

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 04:42:24 AM »

Your post is indeed interesting NS, but I haven't seen that on the Giffgaff website myself.   Cry

Would you kindly post a link to this please?   Undecided

TIA.

You can only queue one. Go to http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/bg-p/GiffGaff and read the comments. Wink
NewStarter

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 09:42:01 AM »

You can only queue one. Go to http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/bg-p/GiffGaff and read the comments. Wink

Thanks for the update BJ Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: