Fone Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:38:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Unlimited Mobile Internet for 6 Months  (Read 13154 times)
ganjbakhash

« on: July 15, 2010, 07:32:21 PM »

Hi guys!

Last night I received a text from (441) T-Mobile on my PAYG SIM, that currently I am not using a lot it is just active and even I did not top-up it since last 6 months  Wink

The text stating as under :-

"Do not miss out, to get 6 months of free Unlimited Mobile Internet just send ( FREE 6 MONTH WEB ) to 441 before midnight on 31st August"

I looked carefully that the sender is 441 definitely it is from T-Mobile. It was quite amazing for me, I asked from my 3 friends about the text, did they received any as they were also using T-Mobile PAYG numbers? But all 3 did not received any text stating above offer! I believe this should not be a selective offer for selective users, as it is restricted to send this message to 441 only on 31st August, may be T-Mobile is sending randomly to different users before 31st August.

If any one of our respected members receives the same text, or any one may have received like me please update us, as it is worth to get this!

P.S.

There is nothing mentioned in the text like when you top-up this much or that much amount. Furthermore it could be confirmed while calling to T-Mobile customers services.

Regards,

gb

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 08:12:09 PM »

T-Mobile have offered a 6 month internet package for some time now, but AFAIK it is neither unlimited nor free.        Shocked

It costs £20, and gives 1 GB per month max, the last time I looked.        Wink

I would therefore be cautious about this report - unless gb can produced evidence from their website, or it can be confirmed by calling customer services on 150.        Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:15:33 PM »

It is certainly not free, unless it's a special offer for you gb  Wink

Internet Boosters - Stay connected with web and instant email
Booster   Cost   What you get   How to get it
5 day Internet on your phone   £2.50   Unlimited internet for 5 days   Text WEB to 441
1 month Internet on you phone   £5.00   Unlimited internet for 1 month   Text MONTHWEB to 441
6 month Internet on you phone   £20.00   Unlimited internet for 6 months   Text 6MONTHWEB to 441

source: here
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:18:32 PM by delaro » Logged

ganjbakhash

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 10:13:14 PM »

You are quite right delaro! All these boosters are available online, and you can get and start any time. But there is no restriction of 31st August only Huh as I have also cheked their Web site, before posting this. The reason to send me this text, could be, they (T-Mobile) gave me some award, but as I mentioned that I am not using this SIM since long and not even topping-up, so there is quite less probability remains for any award! So the reason of my posting is that I want to confirm, what I received in deed Huh As I have not got sufficient balance to call 150, so I thought I might share this with forum! Please read the text words again that I received as I quoted: 

"Do not miss out, to get 6 months of free Unlimited Mobile Internet just send ( FREE 6 MONTH WEB ) to 441 before midnight on 31st August"

P.S.
There is nothing mentioned in the text like when you top-up this much or that much amount. Furthermore it could be confirmed while calling to T-Mobile customers services.

Further MH is also quite right in the light of his previous information/experience and I agree with MH that, me or anyone should call 150, before calling and confirming this information or offer it sounds incomplete! I shall try my best to call tomorrow any time. But whatever I received and thought I am sharing honestly.

Regards,

gb

pease

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 11:57:35 PM »

Hi. I received the same message 3 months ago. It is correct you do get six months free internet, as I am currently using it for the last 3 months. I think it is mobile handset possific. When you use a new Tmobile sim with a unregisterd mobile on the Tmobile network. I seem to recall there was an offer on some possific paygo mobiles when bought offered free six month free internet. I hope this sheds some light on this issue.
mku

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 07:04:31 AM »

Thats really great and quick confirmation of an important question - thanks
ganjbakhash

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 12:43:35 PM »

Hi. I received the same message 3 months ago. It is correct you do get six months free internet, as I am currently using it for the last 3 months. I think it is mobile handset possific. When you use a new Tmobile sim with a unregisterd mobile on the Tmobile network. I seem to recall there was an offer on some possific paygo mobiles when bought offered free six month free internet. I hope this sheds some light on this issue.

Really helping confirmation pease...... you really saved my time Kiss Bundle of thanks, you solved my problem in-fact that is why I posted this on forum!

So it sounds it is a selective reward and will work on only selective numbers and sets, still good news for the users who got it and will get it!

Regards,

gb

slimgym
Learner

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 12:46:58 PM »

I just had this come on on a brand new T-Mob PAYG SIM card sent to me after requesting a free SIM from their website, but the message was for 12 months free internet! Sadly when I replied it told me I was not eligible for the reward!

The only thing to muddy the waters here is I put the SIM into an iPhone4, checked coverage a bit, topped a fiver up, then put my old "three" SIM back in to use until the month of internet expires. I put the T-Mob one into an old Nokia for now, and it was the old Nokia the text appeared on and I replied from. I tried re-sending from the iPhone4 but got the same response.

So the question is, does the message appear for iPhone or for plain Nokias with no web ability? Within My T-Mob I have set the phone type as iPhone4.

I will chase with their customer services anyhow. All seems a bit strange!
mobileman

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 02:33:14 PM »

I just had this come on on a brand new T-Mob PAYG SIM card sent to me after requesting a free SIM from their website, but the message was for 12 months free internet! Sadly when I replied it told me I was not eligible for the reward!

The only thing to muddy the waters here is I put the SIM into an iPhone4, checked coverage a bit, topped a fiver up, then put my old "three" SIM back in to use until the month of internet expires. I put the T-Mob one into an old Nokia for now, and it was the old Nokia the text appeared on and I replied from. I tried re-sending from the iPhone4 but got the same response.

So the question is, does the message appear for iPhone or for plain Nokias with no web ability? Within My T-Mob I have set the phone type as iPhone4.

I will chase with their customer services anyhow. All seems a bit strange!

Sorry to be the one to break bad news to you, but you will NOT be eligible for 6 months' free internet.    Cry

T-Mobile only offer that deal to selected handsets bought with the SIM: no network would be silly enough to give it to a free SIM from their website.    Roll Eyes

So very sorry, you will find that you are wasting your time pursuing it.  Smiley

slimgym
Learner

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 02:57:01 PM »

Very odd then! The OP up top said it was a PAYG SIM and mine is definitely a PAYG SIM with £3.70 on it and the text message came in to that SIM! The text read "Do not miss out! To get 12 months of free unlimited Mobile Internet just send FREE 12 MONTH WEB" to 441".

I googled it a bit to check it wasn't a scam or going to incur me a huge amount to reply to the text and ended up here Smiley
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 03:02:46 PM »

Very odd then! The OP up top said it was a PAYG SIM and mine is definitely a PAYG SIM with £3.70 on it and the text message came in to that SIM! The text read "Do not miss out! To get 12 months of free unlimited Mobile Internet just send FREE 12 MONTH WEB" to 441".

I googled it a bit to check it wasn't a scam or going to incur me a huge amount to reply to the text and ended up here Smiley

I don't think that mobileman was saying that it was a scam at all, but just warning you that you will not be eligible on a free SIM from their website.       Wink

The network seems to send out such SMS to all and sundry - only to disillusion many who are not qualified to receive it.        Cry

Still, you were quite right to try it on, and no harm should result from it for you.       Smiley

We should be delighted for you should their system slip up further, and you could report you got it after all !        Grin

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: