Fone Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:23:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T Mob & Orange Customers able to roam on each others Networks from 5/10/2010  (Read 15092 times)
BJ

« on: September 03, 2010, 09:05:57 PM »

"Orange and T-Mobile customers in the UK will be able to roam across both networks from 5 October, Everything Everywhere CEO Tom Alexander said today (3 September). ‘We see this as a step change for Everything Everywhere,’ said Alexander, speaking at the first year anniversary of the merger announcement between the two companies.

Users will be asked to ‘opt-in’ to the new service for the time being. The reason for this is that the networks handle around 1,600 different handsets and some devices may have problems with the service. By opting in customer service staff can find out what handset each user has and inform them if their device has any problems.

However, from the beginning of 2011 the roaming service will become automatic. The phones will track the strength of the signals and move seamlessly onto the strongest one available irrespective of which network the user is on. "

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/Mobile_Exec/Customers_can_roam_across_Orange_and_T-Mobile_from_5_October.aspx
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:08:47 PM by BJ » Logged
ganjbakhash

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 09:09:08 PM »

Good news this will give the user a great coverage!

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 09:49:02 PM »

I'm keen on seeing how this might work  Cool

I'm also quite interested to see Vodafone's reply to that  Roll Eyes

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 10:39:57 AM »

I'm keen on seeing how this might work  Cool

I'm also quite interested to see Vodafone's reply to that  Roll Eyes

I am intrigued by your post dlR: why do you expect any response from Vodafone in particular ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 07:09:42 PM »

Up here in North Vodafone is said to have the best coverage..

On the other hand 1800 spectrum will most of the times have a better quality
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 07:14:07 PM by delaro » Logged

seanjoe

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 10:10:19 PM »

This is a very good announcement. T-mobile has better coverage for me in my area, but Orange seem to have a lot of better deals from online shops, so this will be really great. I think i'm gonna like this merger.
andy

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 10:23:23 PM »

Up here in North Vodafone is said to have the best coverage..

well, it was bound to happen somewhere
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 01:31:52 PM »

..and what about 3UK customers? Will they get access to original t-mobile network in case of loss of 3G signal?

EDIT: Yes, they will - according to whatmobile.net.

Register now to get roaming enabled:

If you’re on Orange – go here: www.t-mobile.co.uk/share
If you’re on T-Mobile – go here: www.orange.co.uk/share
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 11:45:51 PM by delaro » Logged

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 11:30:18 AM »

..and what about 3UK customers? Will they get access to original t-mobile network in case of loss of 3G signal?

EDIT: Yes, they will - according to whatmobile.net.

Register now to get roaming enabled:

If you’re on Orange – go here: www.t-mobile.co.uk/share
If you’re on T-Mobile – go here: www.orange.co.uk/share

This is a helpful post dlR: thanks.       Smiley

I have registered my Orange mobile on the T-Mobile link, and will see what happens.       Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 12:00:58 PM »

Members interested in this development may like to read this article on TheRegister.       Wink

delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 09:34:25 PM »

There is some more info here.

BTW. Network sharing does really work  Wink
"Orange T-Mobile" is displayed when the phone is on T-Mobile roaming which is quite funny to see..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 09:53:46 PM by delaro » Logged

sriks

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 10:21:16 PM »

There is some more info here.

BTW. Network sharing does really work  Wink
"Orange T-Mobile" is displayed when the phone is on T-Mobile roaming which is quite funny to see..

Yeah it works Perfect,

I live in an area where T-Mobile coverage is quite shady Sad but now i am able to use orange which has better coverage at my house

btw I just see Orange on my HTC Desire and not T-Mobile Orange Huh
andy

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 03:14:54 PM »

Many phones will show two fields for names, usually one of them the user's own brand, and the other the roamed network

On some phones the area of screen used for these is the same, so one hides the other after a couple of seconds

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 03:51:49 PM by andy » Logged
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 06:07:13 PM »

Many phones will show two fields for names, usually one of them the user's own brand, and the other the roamed network

On some phones the area of screen used for these is the same, so one hides the other after a couple of seconds

Andy, I've unbranded handset. Nevertheless - my mate who's got a orange branded one can see the same network name as I do.

Also when I choose a network manually I don't see 'T-Mobile' but 'Orange T-Mobile' (even if it's 3G only)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:01:30 AM by delaro » Logged

andy

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 10:34:28 PM »

Well, it looks completely as you'd expect, similar to as if you were roaming on a foreign network
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: