Fone Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:10:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old service but now free international calls from O2 as well  (Read 23377 times)
NewStarter

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 10:00:44 PM »

Why on earth do they need customer's date of birth and 2xemail Ids apart from address.. ? Is it a safe website?

don't have to reveal your true birthday or email ids.. Wink
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 09:59:36 AM »

Yeap Wink you can use your grandma's DOB  Grin

Doondie

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 08:35:52 PM »

Yeap Wink you can use your grandma's DOB  Grin

I did just that. Grin

Amazingly, this service works perfectly*. Cheesy Many thanks to the author of the thread! Smiley

I just hope my bill stays the same. Grin

For the record, I called a Bulgarian Landline from my O2 number (which should be free). The duration of the phone call was 8'10''. My mum (who was at my grandma's at the time) picked up pretty quickly (there was no dialling delay I mean) and the connection was crystal clean (more or less). Wink

Will update 'my bill status' info tomorrow, as 12 hours is the maximum time for my (pay monthly) bill to refresh.

Follow-up:
18 Sep 10     18:36:57     075********     Weekend     00:08:12     0.000     F

Hooray! Cheesy

*as strange as it may seem, I can call my grandma but not my mum, although they both have landlines, as well as mobiles (however, calling mobiles in Bulgaria is not worth it - £1/min is money down the pan; better call direct - 17 ppm).

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it!"

"Women for duty, boys for pleasure, melons for delight." (Persian proverb)
Doondie

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 08:42:40 PM »

What do you make of this from their website, boys*? Huh

Do you have any monthly Rentals for the Acecall Number?
You can have as many as Acecall numbers you want. The first Acecall number is free for the first month of your subscription, there after you will pay £1.00 per month until you wish to unsubscribe.

Is my account going to stop functioning unless I start paying a quid a month? Lips sealed

*In my experience, girls don't bother that much about cheap ways to make phone calls. Grin

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it!"

"Women for duty, boys for pleasure, melons for delight." (Persian proverb)
ash

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 06:03:57 PM »

Be careful guys!! I registered my mobile number with Acecalls to get free calls to India. With in a week I started getting calls on my mobile from a number claiming to be Barclays Fraud Prevention. I confirmed from Barclays and it wasn't their call. The mobile number I used to register is a new number and hardly been given elsewhere. I'm very suspicious about this company. Either they are misusing the numbers or selling these to third parties.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 06:05:39 PM by ash » Logged
razian97

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 08:29:59 PM »

Be careful guys!! I registered my mobile number with Acecalls to get free calls to India. With in a week I started getting calls on my mobile from a number claiming to be Barclays Fraud Prevention. I confirmed from Barclays and it wasn't their call. The mobile number I used to register is a new number and hardly been given elsewhere. I'm very suspicious about this company. Either they are misusing the numbers or selling these to third parties.

a very bad news ....
one of my friend has lost 1300 pounds from his Barclays bank account.same thing happened with him,he received a call from a number claiming to be Barclays fraud prevention and asked some security questions about his account....and than after few hours he lost 1300 pounds from his account...so i don't know  is it due to using of this service or not but I must advise all of you to be careful
thanks
razian
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:32:05 PM by razian97 » Logged
amitjajoo

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 03:12:55 PM »

a very bad news ....
one of my friend has lost 1300 pounds from his Barclays bank account.same thing happened with him,he received a call from a number claiming to be Barclays fraud prevention and asked some security questions about his account....and than after few hours he lost 1300 pounds from his account...so i don't know  is it due to using of this service or not but I must advise all of you to be careful
thanks
razian

Nothing new here. People have been operating these kind of fraud services for a long time now. It is upto you to be careful and never divulge sensitive information over the phone rather go to a branch and sort out. I used their services on 3g for a long time last time around and there were no such calls. However, having said that, whether they sell the information or not, you have to be CAREFUL whenever bank details are concerned.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 02:33:29 AM »

I signed up to this service a few weeks ago. No strange or unexpected texts yet...
amitjajoo

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 02:17:14 PM »

Anyone any updates if this still works on O2 line ?  Huh
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 04:13:42 AM »

Yes it does work on O2 line. I have used it yesterday.

Jk
amitjajoo

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 11:02:40 AM »

Yes it does work on O2 line. I have used it yesterday.

Jk

Thanks for the update.  Wink
mantha2in

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2010, 12:30:11 PM »

Can somebody please point me to this service details through PM? Could not get any details out of the thread..
potterified
Learner

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 02:36:08 PM »

Ditto. Does it work on Orange too? Would appreciate a PM with details please.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: