Fone Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:23:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New(ish) Add Ons for 3Pay  (Read 11297 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: September 18, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »

I don't think this news is really new, but nobody seems to have posted about this here so far.        Roll Eyes

When '3' phased out the Flat 12 prepay tariff, there was nothing to replace their Add Ons ( called 'Stretch' ) which were offered with that tariff.        Cry

However, 3 have been forced to start offering some of these now, and although they are by no means as good value as those still available for Flat 12 users, they may be of use to some here.

Full details may be viewed at http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go/Voice_Add_ons        Wink

The £10 topup -> 3000 texts, 100 mins., and 500 MB internet;

The £15 topup ->  3000 texts, 300 mins, and 500 MB internet;

The £25 topup ->  3000 texts, 500 mins, and 1 GB internet.

In addition to these, 3000 texts can be bought for £5; 300 '3' to '3' minutes for £5; 500 MB internet for £5;
and an internet daily rate, with a FUP of 120 MB, for just 50p.  ( This last one actually lasts 2 days, as it ends at midnight on the day after you purchase it. )

All 3 prepay Add Ons ( except the internet daily one of course ) last for 30 days from purchase.

EDIT:-

For comparison purposes, details of the 'Stretch' offers for Flat 12 users can be seen at http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go/Flat12

The £25 will give you 700 minutes, for instance, but doesn't include the generous allowance of texts and internet use.
So perhaps the new Add Ons have more to commend them than I first thought.        Smiley

« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:42:42 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
andy

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »

They came out with a big press release 2 or 3 days ago, saying that their £10 package was the best value available at the price

Some giffgaff customers noticed this, and contested it, wondering whether untrue material in a press release comes under advertising or trading standards regulations.

That press release page has vanished.
bigb18b

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 11:21:52 AM »

its really nice package mobaholic
NewStarter

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »

It is a bit sad really, there was a plan called 3Pay (See here )with loads of "free stuff" for every topup and left your credit intact!! Its not there anymore in the latest PAYG plan.

It says
"If you joined us before June 2009 you'll either be on our Flat12 or WePay tariffs. If you joined us between June 2009 and September 2010 you'll be on our 3Pay tariff. Our new tariff is Pay As You Go on Three. "

Don't know if it is still possible to get a new sim (before end Sept 2010) and be on 3Pay  Undecided

-NS
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 02:49:57 PM »

Thank you for your post NS.  I regret that I hadn't actually realized that the pay & go tariff has changed from 3Pay.  I was only looking at it as there were interesting new Add Ons ( as per my thread title. )  I shall have to look further into this to find out if the new add Ons are available to all pre-pay tariffs, or just the new Pay As You Go one.  Does anyone already know that please ?        Undecided

I have just seen that the Pay As You Go still gives 150 MB of free internet use, so it may just be the free texts and 3 to 3 calls that it lacks.        Wink
Has anyone already used the new tariff ?        Undecided

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:53:01 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
razian97

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 03:21:59 PM »

hi
 i bought a new three sim with 10 pound topup included. allowances included are
5000 free three to three minutes
300 free texts
150 MB free internet allowance
free Skype to Skype calls unlimited
free MSN messenger
NewStarter

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 05:02:39 PM »

hi
 i bought a new three sim with 10 pound topup included. allowances included are
5000 free three to three minutes
300 free texts
150 MB free internet allowance
free Skype to Skype calls unlimited
free MSN messenger

Can you log into My3 and check what tariff you are on?
razian97

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 05:40:27 PM »

i have checked its a 3PAY tarrif .
25 p per min to landline and mobiles
10 p text
free ebay
free msn
free skype
free internet 150 mb
free 5000 three to three minutes
free 300 texts
NewStarter

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 07:03:27 PM »

10 p text
free ebay
free msn
free skype
free internet 150 mb
free 300 texts

Thanks razian97, I will order a couple of 3 sim straight away Smiley
BJ

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 07:50:42 PM »

10 p text
free ebay
free msn
free skype
free internet 150 mb
free 300 texts

That will be this tariff then.
http://ask3.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL/,/?St=467,E=0000000000005420301,K=7910,Sxi=9,T=CaseDoc,varset_PayGhelpbckDisp=1,varset_Catid=1413,Case=obj%281995%29

Superseded by this one for new users.
http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go?intid=topnav
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:55:24 PM by BJ » Logged
mobileman

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »

Thank you for your post NS.  I regret that I hadn't actually realized that the pay & go tariff has changed from 3Pay.  I was only looking at it as there were interesting new Add Ons ( as per my thread title. )  I shall have to look further into this to find out if the new add Ons are available to all pre-pay tariffs, or just the new Pay As You Go one.  Does anyone already know that please ?        Undecided

I have just seen that the Pay As You Go still gives 150 MB of free internet use, so it may just be the free texts and 3 to 3 calls that it lacks.        Wink
Has anyone already used the new tariff ?        Undecided

I spent some time looking into this last night, and each pre-pay tariff that '3' offer have their own set of Add Ons!   Huh

For instance, you can't get a Stretch package, which is offered on Flat 12, (and at it's best gives X-net minutes for 3.57p per minute on Stretch 25), for either 3Pay or Pay As You Go.    Roll Eyes

And you can't get the new Add Ons on either Flat 12 or 3Pay either.    Cry

Each tariff is completely separate, and you can't move to an earlier one, and there doesn't yet seem to be a way to move to the new Pay As You Go either.

It seems that to benefit from the new Add Ons, you have to get a new SIM and top it up.
Note: SIMs which come with £10 already loaded are likely to be still on 3Pay.  Wink

NewStarter

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 05:18:23 PM »

"If you joined us before June 2009 you'll either be on our Flat12 or WePay tariffs. If you joined us between June 2009 and September 2010 you'll be on our 3Pay tariff. Our new tariff is Pay As You Go on Three. "

I had booked a sim card (they normally send one for a friend with every sim card you book, so effectively two sim cards) and they arrived a week after and I found out they were on the new PAYG tariff. Called up Three customer care and got them transferred to 3Pay. Luckily they did it without much fuss!!

-NS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: