Fone Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:08:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 'gremlins' are attacking us !  (Read 8641 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: September 25, 2010, 10:59:53 AM »

Since our forum software was upgraded to SMF 1.1.11 on the 20th June, everything seemed to be working well for some time after.        Smiley

However, as we enjoyed an influx of new members, and I wanted to update this thread, I was shocked to discover to that some of my admin functions would no longer work, and I could no longer make a successful search of all members who registered here after the last time that the thread was updated on the 8th June 2010.  I reported this issue to Mikael, and have reminded him of it some times since.  It seems that our database was not updated to SMF 1.1.11 along with the surrounding .php command structure ( it remains on SMF 1.1.6 ! ), so there is some incompatibility between them it seems.        Huh

Whilst it appeared that only some admin functions were affected by this at first, I now have evidence of problems apparently affecting wider areas.  I cannot be certain that the new problems are associated with the incompatibility, but I have tried to eliminate possible other causes already.  I received a report from a Moderator here this morning that he can no longer reply to any PMs, which is obviously most distressing and unsatisfactory.  If others find similar reports, please send me a PM about them. ( If you are not able to send a PM, then you can send an email to the gmail address shown in my signature panel below.       Wink )

I shall suggest to the Moderator concerned that perhaps he should allow members to email him temporarily while the problem persists, or if he does not wish that, it may be that I shall be able to set up some forwarding arrangement for him.

I have messaged Mikael this morning, to let him know of the latest development, and to ask him to kindly treat this as an urgent problem that needs to be addressed asap.

IF the problem were to spread and become widespread, it may become necessary to temporarily close the forum until the software malfunctioning can be sorted out satisfactorily.  However, I sincerely hope this measure will not become necessary.

I shall post again if there are further developments of a worrying nature.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 11:44:01 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: