Fone Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:27:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nokia N8 to launch 22 October  (Read 9119 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: October 07, 2010, 02:06:35 PM »

Nokia’s smartphone to be available on all networks

There are articles on this at TheRegister and on V3.co.uk.        Wink

Also e2save are offering the mobile at just £25 per month.  See here for pre orders.        Smiley

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
ganjbakhash

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »

Nokia’s smartphone to be available on all networks

There are articles on this at TheRegister and on V3.co.uk.        Wink

Also e2save are offering the mobile at just £25 per month.  See here for pre orders.        Smiley

Again Useful sharing from Mh, like ever  Smiley

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
seanjoe

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 09:01:44 AM »

ummmm....Samsung Galaxy S or Nokia N8; the texting on the Samsung still is so appealing to me..
NewStarter

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 10:43:02 AM »

ummmm....Samsung Galaxy S or Nokia N8; the texting on the Samsung still is so appealing to me..

Nokia N8 is no where near Galaxy S.
Forget Galaxy S, it does not even compete some of Nokia's own older phones!! Not so great reviews for Nokia N8 anywhere.
mike

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 11:51:44 AM »

Nokia N8 is no where near Galaxy S.
Forget Galaxy S, it does not even compete some of Nokia's own older phones!! Not so great reviews for Nokia N8 anywhere.

I don't know if seanjoe will understand your reply NS, but I find it as clear as mud!
Your first sentence says N8 is inferior to Galaxy S, then your second says "Forget Galaxy S,..."  Which do you mean?

I agree that the N8 doesn't get rave reviews, but the inconsistency of your advice in your first 2 sentences is most disconcerting.

Please clarify so everybody can understand you.  Thanks.

NewStarter

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 01:46:29 PM »

I don't know if seanjoe will understand your reply NS, but I find it as clear as mud!
Your first sentence says N8 is inferior to Galaxy S, then your second says "Forget Galaxy S,..."  Which do you mean?

I agree that the N8 doesn't get rave reviews, but the inconsistency of your advice in your first 2 sentences is most disconcerting.

Please clarify so everybody can understand you.  Thanks.

Sorry if it confused anyone!! May be I was wrong using the word "Forget" there  Undecided
I meant to say Nokia N8 is not competitive to Samsung Galaxy S in any sense. Galaxy S is far superior to N8!!
Not just Galaxy S, N8 is said to be even inferior to its own brands predecessor phones.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:11:34 PM by NewStarter » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 03:01:47 PM »

Sorry if it confused anyone!! May be I was wrong using the word "Forget" there  Undecided
I meant to say Nokia N8 is not a competitive to Samsung Galaxy S in any sense. Galaxy S is far superior to N8!!
Not just Galaxy S, N8 is said to be even inferior to its own brands predecessor phones.

Thanks NS, you are quite clear now.  I have to agree with you on the question of reviews for the N8, and it being surpassed by older Nokia models.
There was an interesting article entitled "6 Reasons The N900 Is Better Than The Nokia N8" on ITProPortal recently that I almost posted myself.
Those interested may view it here.        Wink

I have never used the Samsung Galaxy S myself, but I have had great difficulty with touchscreen phones with no physical keyboard.  This would make me cautious of the Galaxy S personally.  Do you have a different experience yourself ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
NewStarter

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »

I have never used the Samsung Galaxy S myself, but I have had great difficulty with touchscreen phones with no physical keyboard.  This would make me cautious of the Galaxy S personally.  Do you have a different experience yourself ?        Undecided

You are quite right about the difficulty with no physical keyboard and I too share the same opinion. But the power/performance of the phone and the never ending apps make this minor issue insignificant.

I have not used Galaxy S myself (though I wanted to), ended up buying HTC Desire which is equally good and no regrets going for it!! Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: