Fone Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:01:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O2 unveils £10 international calling bolt-on deal  (Read 40482 times)
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 10:15:30 AM »

Thanks.
ganjbakhash

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 03:41:34 PM »

I guess we'll just have to wait until the 26th of October. However, the product does actually sound quite promising. The incoming number can now allegedly be in one of 42 country's (they only had 24 on o2 IFF), and the outgoing calls can be made to a wider range of countries too, though no specific details are available yet.

I do love some of the reporting on this story. On Mobilechoices.co.uk they have this to say:Written by someone who obviously has no clue about telecommunications.
Source: http://www.mobilechoices.co.uk/news/o2-international-favourites-voip-141010.html

I agree with you petkow!

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
wali

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 06:04:55 PM »

any updates about this service???
wali

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 06:37:59 PM »

bad news pakistan is not in the list
https://if.o2.co.uk/templates/home.aspx
petkow

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »

Yes, sadly this was expected!

It's nice to see the wide range of countries that are on the list, including most Eastern European countries and mobiles in India.

The "call-me" numbers have also hugely expanded, though I note there is now a 3000 min FUP on incoming calls.

For people who are considering using this with a callthrough based in another country, it is worth noting the following from the T's and C's:
The following call types and number ranges are excluded from being part of the Calls: texts, picture messages, calls made whilst abroad, calls to premium rate or non-geographic numbers, calls to business switchboards, conference calls, calls to numbers for onward routing or revenue sharing purposes, calls to Inmarsat, calls using or to satellite phones (i.e. Thuraya), mobile traffic calls, machine to machine calls or calls to countries not included in the Bolt On.
wali

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 08:20:19 PM »

Yes, sadly this was expected!

It's nice to see the wide range of countries that are on the list, including most Eastern European countries and mobiles in India.

The "call-me" numbers have also hugely expanded, though I note there is now a 3000 min FUP on incoming calls.

For people who are considering using this with a callthrough based in another country, it is worth noting the following from the T's and C's:
do u have any idea how to use call through service for pakistan.as u know calling pakistan is really expensive.
petkow

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 10:54:04 PM »

do u have any idea how to use call through service for pakistan.as u know calling pakistan is really expensive.
Not using this service in any case. For general tips on calling Pakistan, this will be covered in detail in other threads.
Goodman

I hope I didn't brain my damage

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 02:37:58 PM »

As usual call me is not available in India.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:01:06 PM by Goodman » Logged

everything that can go wrong will go wrong
srikanth.nuli

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 03:11:06 PM »

Ramakant

Goodman, what do you mean by 'call me' ?
petkow

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 04:17:12 PM »

Yes this is a shame but not exactly unexpected. The Indian Government still does not allow DID's to be sold on the open market.

Goodman, what do you mean by 'call me' ?
I take it you have not read any of the OP, the thread or the linked o2 page that talks about this service?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 04:20:47 PM by petkow » Logged
ganjbakhash

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 05:56:48 PM »

So sad to hear that Pakistan is not in the bolt-on list. As wali asked, only the way to connect Pakistan could be any call-through, but I am sure that would be considered as abuse....... Undecided

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
bigb18b

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 08:12:34 AM »

thats really good isnt it?if u using calling card its cheaper for u to use o2 10 bolton
thanks
wali

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 02:57:23 AM »

thats really good isnt it?if u using calling card its cheaper for u to use o2 10 bolton
thanks
how can u say calling cards are cheaper.they r really expensive for pakistan.o2 boltone would have been a great option but.........
sriks

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 07:30:04 PM »

o2 is giving the 3000 minutes fnf again Smiley

you can call india for 3000 minutes for £10

With International Favourites from O2, you can call up to five favourite people in 60 countries. You also get a Call Me Number – giving friends and contacts in a selected country a way to ring you on your O2 mobile without paying international charges. One monthly price. No additional charges

For £10 a month, you get 3000 minutes of landline calls to three international numbers*.
For £20 a month, you get 3000 minutes of landline calls and another 200 minutes of mobile calls to five international numbers*.

For more Info : http://www.o2.co.uk/internationalfavourites

look carefully at the T & C's

* More information: You get 3000 minutes a month to international landlines. And great news, calls to mobiles in Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the USA are also included in the 3000 minute allowance. Calls to mobiles in other supported countries are included in the 200 minutes allowance available on the £20 Bolt On. These calls are included in the International Favourites Bolt On, and you won't be charged anything extra. You get another 3000 minutes of calls from your Call Me Number to your O2 mobile. Only certain countries are available. Terms apply.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 07:55:01 PM »

The Outbound Countries are:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei , Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Reunion, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United States, Venezuela

The Inbound Countries are:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, United States.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: