Fone Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:53:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Next Pope  (Read 8450 times)
BJ

« on: November 03, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »

There were two Roman Catholic boys, Timothy Murphy and Antonio Secola ...
... whose lives paralleled each other in amazing ways. In the same year Timothy was born in Ireland, Antonio was born in Italy. Faithfully, they attended parochial school from kindergarten through their senior year in High School.

They took their vows to enter the priesthood early in college, and upon graduation became priests. Their priestly careers have come to amaze the world, but it was generally acknowledged that Antonio was just a cut above Timothy in all respects. Their rise through the ranks of Bishop, Archbishop, and finally Cardinal was meteoric to say the least, and the Catholic world knew that when the present Pope died, it would be either Timothy or Antonio who would become the next Pope.

In time the Pope did die, and the College of Cardinals went to work. In less time than anyone expected smoke rose from the chimney and the world waited to see who they had chosen.

The world, Catholic, Protestant and secular, was surprised to learn that Timothy Murphy had been elected Pope. Antonio was beyond surprise, he was devastated because, even with all Timothy's giftedness, Antonio knew he was the better qualified.

With a gall that shocked the Cardinals, Antonio asked for a private session with them in which he candidly asked, "Why Timothy?'

After long silence one old Cardinal took pity on the bewildered Antonio and rose to reply, "We knew you were the better of the two, but we just could not bear the thought of the leader of the Roman Catholic Church being called Pope Secola."

Graham

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 06:24:06 PM »

Excellent! Thanks for that one, BJ.! Grin
ganjbakhash

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 06:38:35 PM »

Grin.........LOL........... Pope Secola..... Grin

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
yoursinlove

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 01:51:48 PM »

Can someone please explain me SECOLA!
(sorry for my lack of knowledge!)

KHAN
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 04:42:43 PM »

Can someone please explain me SECOLA!
(sorry for my lack of knowledge!)

No need to apologise. I would think gb is referring to papal secularity...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:32:03 AM by delaro » Logged

HiPD

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 09:31:28 AM »

I would think gb is refering to papal secularity...

Really?    Undecided

Might the explanation not be far simpler - that they didn't want to appoint a "Pope Century"?   Wink

BTW, was the spell checker not available when you posted dlR?   Undecided

refering    Roll Eyes

A message from the dark side you have Wink
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 10:17:08 AM »

Have I taken it too far then?? LOL Cheesy
No, the spell checker wasn't available as I used OperaMini to post it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:19:32 AM by delaro » Logged

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 11:22:55 AM »

Have I taken it too far then?? LOL Cheesy
No, the spell checker wasn't available as I used OperaMini to post it.

It is good to see a gentle leg pull by HiPD being taken in good spirit by delaro.  Congratulations to you both for your contributions.        Undecided

I can confirm that the spell checker may not be available when posting from a mobile using Operamini.  It can sometimes be useful to use the native browser instead - if you have an advanced Symbian model.

I will also experiment with using Operamobile for Symbian the next time I use my 6120 classic.  It may be that offers more sophisticated options.       Wink

( BTW dlR you need to double the r, not the f, in referring. )       Wink

« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:26:32 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: