Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:43:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which USB modem?  (Read 8872 times)
delaro
Global Moderator

« on: November 14, 2010, 11:31:33 PM »

Hi forum!

I'd like to buy an USB modem on its own. It has to be unlocked and be capable to speed up at least 2Mpbs down and 1Mpbs upload.

I found Huawei E1752C from o2 for £19.99 but (due to current time) can't confirm now whether it's locked.

Could anyone suggest me a different (better and/or cheaper) model please or is the one I found a good choice for the price?

TIA

dlR
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:50:17 PM by delaro » Logged

petkow

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »

I too bought a Huawei modem from o2 (pretty much the spec as that one, though slightly older model). I never used it with the o2 SIM that came packaged with it. As far as I know all the ones that o2 sells are not really locked, but they do come loaded with o2 firmware. Once you buy it, you can very easily re-flash them by downloading the manufacturers firmware from the Huawei website. This process effectively allows them to be used with any network provided you know the APN etc. Once reflashed, they will contain an excellent, lightweight and user friendly connection software called "Mobile Partner". For this reason, I am a big fan of Huawei modems.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 08:05:30 PM »

Thanks petkow for your helpful post.

I got that modem, but could not find how to reflash the firmware to manufacturers one. I found on the internet "an excellent, lightweight and user friendly connection software called "Mobile Partner"" and ignored o2 connection manager. I had to search for an unlocking code thou and once I found it now can use the modem without any problems .

I found the code here if someone needs one.

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 12:09:54 PM »

I found the code here if someone needs one.

dlR the link you posted takes on to a whole forum, not to a specific place where a code may be found.        Cry

Could you improve on this please ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 08:42:02 PM »

dlR the link you posted takes on to a whole forum, not to a specific place where a code may be found.        Cry

Could you improve on this please ?        Undecided

Cry no more mobaholic  Wink

Here

PS. I could not be bothered to try and flash it but I'm quite sure if some wants a step by step instructions the above forum would be the one to browse.. Wink
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:47:03 PM by delaro » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: