Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:21:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know about this service ?  (Read 7753 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: July 25, 2008, 03:56:10 PM »

When I idly glanced at my old google group site this afternoon ( http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mobaholics-pre-dial-companion ), I came across a google advert pointing to:-   http://www.telediscount.com.au/

Taking a quick look at it, I was surprised to see what appeared to be a rival geo callthrough service, offering free calls to China, USA, UK, New Zealand, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, and Vietnam ( which looked a rather odd collection of countries ).        Shocked

EDIT: I later saw that it included many other destinations, including Pakistan landlines and mobiles !        Shocked

When I saw the access number was 0424 215 045, I mistakenly thought it was Hastings - till I realised that the "1" after the leading zero was missing.  Dawh !        Embarrassed

I looked on PhonepayPlus, but they said the number was not valid !        Huh

I am really not sure what to make of this.        Undecided

Could it possibly be a Skype number, does anyone know ?        Undecided
( It would be a mobile number in Australia - were it prefaced by +61 )        Wink

There is a mysterious "mobile rate" places near to the access number, but I don't know if it's possible to call 0424 inclusively - or even at all ! - from a UK mobile !        Undecided

Does anyone have any light to shine on this matter please ?  It's a complete mystery to me !        Grin

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 04:07:00 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »

Yes, I can see what it is! It is an Australian Mobile number being used for a call-through, but as it is being advertised in Australia (.com.au website) they don't bother with the international dialling code.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 04:17:52 PM »

Yes, I can see what it is! It is an Australian Mobile number being used for a call-through, but as it is being advertised in Australia (.com.au website) they don't bother with the international dialling code.

Thanks Mikael - but I got confused because, when you click on the access code on the website, it tells you that you must first sign in to your Skype account!        Shocked

That's what made me think it might be of some use to those with Skype - e.g. those with a '3' mobile !        Cheesy

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 02:44:25 PM »

A friend has now tested this service on his Talk Talk 3 International package.

He believes this will be inclusive on that tariff, but cannot positively confirm that yet.

He says:

This callthrough gives a few interesting possibilities, notably:

Bangladesh Mobile
Brunei Mobile
Cyprus Mobile
India Landlines and Mobile
Israel Mobile
S.Korea Mobile
Kuwait Mobile
Malaysia Mobile
Pakistan Landlines and Mobiles
Taiwan Mobile
Thailand Mobile
Vietnam Mobile

leighvamessage
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 05:24:36 AM »

According to the  Talk Talk site their Intl  Packages only include calls to International Landlines, apart from  Usa,and Canada.So if he is dialling an Ozzie Mobile he might be in for a shock. Wink
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:41:33 AM by leighvamessage » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 09:28:54 AM »

According to the  Talk Talk site their Intl  Packages only include calls to International Landlines, apart from  Usa,and Canada.So if he is dialling an Ozzie Mobile he might be in for a shock. Wink

I suspect that you could well be right LVM: I hope the 'damage' won't be too great !        Shocked

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: