Fone Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:38:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mystery email  (Read 8306 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: December 09, 2010, 02:15:24 PM »

I wonder if anyone here can help me ?        Undecided

I received a mystery email this morning, saying the following:-

Dear Skycom Customer

Re-Connection Fees for 2011

With effect from close of business on 23 December 2010, when the office closes for the holidays, we are introducing a re-connection fee of £8 + VAT for any numbers suspended due to non-payment. The re-connection fee will be charged in addition to any outstanding balance for any account containing numbers which have been suspended due to non-payment.

If you make your monthly payments by credit or debit card and are not sure that we have your correct card details on file, please contact us to update them by calling 0845 475 8804. Card payments can be taken up until 18.00 on 23 December. After this time, any suspended numbers will remain in this state until the office opens again on 4 January 2011.

For customers who pay by Direct Debit, the payment run has been processed for the December billing cycle and the money will be leaving your account on or soon after 10 December. Should this payment fail, we will contact you to give you an opportunity to make a card payment before suspending your numbers. Again, any numbers which are suspended due to non-payment will remain this way until 4 January if no payment is received before 18.00 on 23 December.

To avoid being charged this additional fee, please ensure that we always have your correct card or Direct Debit details on file and that there are sufficient funds in your account when we try to take payment.

Further notices regarding office closure for the holidays will follow.

Best Regards

Skycom Limited
0845 475 8804
accounts@skycomuk.com 

Does anyone know who Skycom are ?        Undecided

If they are connected with Sky TV, I only have "Freesat" - so no bills are payable !        Huh

Any helpful thoughts please ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
moonandstar

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 03:05:30 PM »

Hmmmm.... Could be a scam email trying to get credit card details.

The best route would be to call them and find out what service they are providing. If they are a legitimate company they should already have your details.

Moonandstar.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 03:10:58 PM »

Hmmmm.... Could be a scam email trying to get credit card details.

The best route would be to call them and find out what service they are providing. If they are a legitimate company they should already have your details.

Moonandstar.

Thanks m&s: I agree with you entirely.        Smiley

The company Sky would have emailed my personal email address: these guys sent it to my username one !        Cry

I just thought I would see if others have heard from them - or know what sort of scam they might be running.       Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
BJ

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 07:08:55 PM »

I just thought I would see if others have heard from them - or know what sort of scam they might be running.  

Their not running any sort of scam. They are a legitimate supplier of non geographical numbers etc .

See: http://www.skycomuk.com/

I got the same email from them.I have one of their free to rent  0845 numbers which i rarely use. Wink
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 10:12:23 AM »

Their not running any sort of scam. They are a legitimate supplier of non geographical numbers etc .

See: http://www.skycomuk.com/

I got the same email from them.I have one of their free to rent  0845 numbers which i rarely use. Wink

Thanks for your post BJ.       Smiley

I have two 0845 numbers from www.Just0845Numbers.co.uk only as far as I know.
Are they connected with Skycom UK do you know ?        Undecided

BJ

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 01:47:09 PM »

I have two 0845 numbers from www.Just0845Numbers.co.uk only as far as I know.
Are they connected with Skycom UK do you know ?        Undecided

Apparently so

"Skycom Ltd t/a Just0845Numbers "

http://www.just0845numbers.co.uk/contact.php

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 01:49:52 PM by BJ » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 02:34:43 PM »

Apparently so

"Skycom Ltd t/a Just0845Numbers "

http://www.just0845numbers.co.uk/contact.php

Many thanks BJ: I had not come across that before.       Smiley

It seems strange to me that the website is called Just0845Numbers.co.uk, and the email comes from them when you take out a number, yet the fault reports are sent from the Skycom site - with no reference to the service you actually have with them.  I find that weird !        Shocked

I would bet that I am not the first one to be confused by it.       Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: