Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:13:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: +1 point for Tesco mobile  (Read 5067 times)
davegr
Administrator

« on: December 20, 2010, 08:12:08 PM »

Hi all,

Just a FYI. I recently received an unsolicited text from '82023' on my Tesco Mobile SIM, at a cost of £5. Having read other peoples painful experiences of dealing with such things, I was very wary of calling Tesco Mobile to deal with it but to my surprise they discounted the £5 off my next bill and agreed to put a premium service bar on the phone. Not only that but their call center is in the UK. Shocking...

davegr
srikanth.nuli

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 09:19:38 PM »

Dear davegr,

I wonder what made you to feel shocking here? Regarding the premium texts the networks has the ability to put bar as well as refund the money if something has occurred wrong. The operator simply won't pay the money from their end. This has happened to me in the past nearly 4 times and my network is O2.

Having a call centre in UK is no where connected to the topic which you posted, I presume.

Regards,
Srikanth.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 11:58:05 PM »

Hi srikanth.nuli,

Before calling Tesco Mobile I did a Google search and could find nothing but nightmare stories about people basically being told "There is nothing we can do" by the networks, though now that I think about it I don't remember a particular case where o2 or any of it's MVNO's were mentioned, perhaps they have a more customer friendly policy on this.

I only mentioned the call centre because I'm always surprised to find that any company has UK based customer support these days. I have nothing against off-shore call centres in particular but when it comes to matters of billing they usually have absolutely zero power to do anything about it in my experience.

regards
davegr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: