Fone Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:15:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O2 CPW retentions  (Read 14726 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 03:38:15 PM »

I know our experience do not tally exactly Graham, but I have had them 'forget' to process a claim received, as well as to disallow one that was perfectly valid.        Cry

As for the expenses involved, it is worth mentioning having to make photocopies of relevant statements that need to be forwarded with a claim, as well as the recorded delivery charges.        Wink

I believe that e2save have very many more Orange cashback deals available than ones on the '3' network.  However, I have little doubt that they both work in the same way.  Recruiting agents for the networks, such as the likes of e2save, are given considerable cash incentives to place new contracts with a particular network, providing the contract runs to completion, and these incentives can be topped up when they reach certain figures for numbers of connections to a network in a particular time frame.        Wink

In the case of Orange, their customer service has gone downhill badly over the years, and I believe they they generally loose more customers than they gain.  ( They have a high churn rate in industry jargon. )  It is therefore in their interests to be particularly generous in the incentives they offer to the likes of e2save.       Wink

HTH.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 03:51:21 PM »

I know our experience do not tally exactly Graham, but I have had them 'forget' to process a claim received, as well as to disallow one that was perfectly valid.        Cry

What was their excuse?

As for the expenses involved, it is worth mentioning having to make photocopies of relevant statements that need to be forwarded with a claim, as well as the recorded delivery charges.        Wink

I was wondering whether you had to send original bills. It's good if you don't, you still have evidence if something is disputed.

I believe that e2save have very many more Orange cashback deals available than ones on the '3' network.  However, I have little doubt that they both work in the same way.  Recruiting agents for the networks, such as the likes of e2save, are given considerable cash incentives to place new contracts with a particular network, providing the contract runs to completion, and these incentives can be topped up when they reach certain figures for numbers of connections to a network in a particular time frame.        Wink

So what's in it for the network, if they pay enough to the recruiting agent to bring the contract down to £0.99 per month for the customer?

In the case of Orange, their customer service has gone downhill badly over the years, and I believe they they generally loose more customers than they gain.  ( They have a high churn rate in industry jargon. )  It is therefore in their interests to be particularly generous in the incentives they offer to the likes of e2save.       Wink

I can believe that. My customer service experience with Orange was terrible.

Dave
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 04:05:14 PM »

What was their excuse?

They never gave an excuse.  Just told me to telephone them whenever I send in a claim.  Another expense !       Huh

I was wondering whether you had to send original bills. It's good if you don't, you still have evidence if something is disputed.

Their rules / T & Cs have changed recently.  They used to be really snotty, and insist on original bills only !       Huh

( When that was the case, I made a full photocopy of the original bill - before sending that to e2save. )        Wink

Now, with the growing use of online billing and e-bills only, they allow you to download your bill PFD, and to print off the first 2 sheets only to send them.
Their T & Cs specify all the information which must be shown.       Wink

So what's in it for the network, if they pay enough to the recruiting agent to bring the contract down to £0.99 per month for the customer?

I can believe that. My customer service experience with Orange was terrible.

Dave

Pass, ask me another !        Grin

I guess that most of their customers will go over their allowances, and will end up having higher bills than just their tariff demands.  Orange must make something from this.  But another thing is that the networks are highly competitive, and try to look better than others by adding more new customers in a period.  This leads to some crazy / insane economics being employed !        Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: