Fone Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:52:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlimited Calls to India for £10  (Read 35095 times)
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 08:31:04 PM »

Sounds like a very reasonable policy to me!
yoursinlove

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 05:36:28 PM »

I am sorry Sri, but petkow's comment, and my reply, assumed prior knowledge of the rival forum.        Shocked

Oron is their admin.        Wink

http://www.telecomforum.co.uk/index.php       Wink

Can you tell me More about that?

KHAN
amitjajoo

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 05:09:10 PM »

Thanks for your thoughts. It is a great question (regarding the FUP). My post was not intended to misguide in any way. That would be foolish and self defeating.

In the telephony and broadband worlds, FUPs are standard as I am sure the forum members are well aware and are designed to prevent the abuse of sevices which would be 'unlimited' to a 'reasonable' user.

I believe that this offer will give the users call rates that could work out at worst 90% cheaper than the current call rates to India from 0844 access numbers. Will be more specific later if possible.

KRs
Baz

Do you have any update on the FUP for India ?
baz

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 10:07:33 PM »

Hi,

Because of commercial confidentiality, I am not able to disclose the exact level of the FUP. However, it is our intention that  a 'reasonable' user gets unlimited calls to destinations cited. We have predetermined check points of usage at which we analyse usage to ensure that the service is not being abused and reserve the right to withdraw the service if the usage levels exceed that of a 'reasonable' individual user in a month.

It applies equally across which applies across the board for all the 40 destinations available.

Hope this answers your query.

cheers

Baz

baz
petkow

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 09:53:10 AM »

Because of commercial confidentiality, I am not able to disclose the exact level of the FUP. However, it is our intention that  a 'reasonable' user gets unlimited calls to destinations cited. We have predetermined check points of usage at which we analyse usage to ensure that the service is not being abused and reserve the right to withdraw the service if the usage levels exceed that of a 'reasonable' individual user in a month.
Wow... what a load of utter marketspeak!   Grin

So, here is the "no BS" summary from a person who is obviously not commercially tied to this business:
1. You pay 10 pounds in advance for one month's worth of "unlimited" phone service that is actually completely limited
2. Even though you have paid for a service in advance, they can cancel your subscription at any time. They will do this whenever they feel like you might have used it too much
3. They will not give you a pro-rata refund for the days you have remaining on your subscription

Hope this helps someone!  Wink

Note to Baz. Answers like that on a forum like this are not really a good way to find new customers here! It just increases speculation, and encourages more negative discussion like my post. Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:18:21 PM by petkow » Logged
amitjajoo

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 12:52:44 PM »

Hi,

Because of commercial confidentiality, I am not able to disclose the exact level of the FUP. However, it is our intention that  a 'reasonable' user gets unlimited calls to destinations cited. We have predetermined check points of usage at which we analyse usage to ensure that the service is not being abused and reserve the right to withdraw the service if the usage levels exceed that of a 'reasonable' individual user in a month.

It applies equally across which applies across the board for all the 40 destinations available.

Hope this answers your query.

cheers

Baz

Thanks for coming back with that explanation. However, it does not HELP much, does it ? How can someone guess what is 'Reasonable' in your dictionary. If you take a simple example of data usage FUP of all different networks, they vary by a huge margin. So how can someone define reasonable ? And all these networks do tell you what their FUP is even though in small fine print.

I am sorry to say but this is not a matter of commercial confidentiality, but simply dubious business practices.  Angry

I, for one, won't be a customer for this service.  Grin

Cheers
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »

Simple answer is remove this topic because the discussions here are very transparent. If somebody cannot give a clear answer please do not post anything in this forum.
JK
HiPD

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 11:28:11 AM »

Simple answer is remove this topic because the discussions here are very transparent. If somebody cannot give a clear answer please do not post anything in this forum.
JK

No JK, let's stick with free speech.  If the OP wants to rubbish his own service by being so cagey, why not let him, and enjoy the sight of his committing harry carry!    Grin

A message from the dark side you have Wink
baz

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 08:30:33 AM »

I am sorry to say but this is not a matter of commercial confidentiality, but simply dubious business practices.

Hi,

I reject the above statement and wish to state that the offering has had an excellent pick up rate and no complaints at all after 3 weeks.

Many thanks to all contributors to this thread. I have no objection to the thread being removed if that is the wish of the moderator.

KRs
Baz

baz
gudman

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 03:13:23 PM »

Hi all
This discussion is not a healthy one, I think. baz will not disclose his "business secret" FUP. All telecoms in UK tell its customers about their FUP and the limit in their small print. I think baz want to have a discussion here and make more publicity for his service so can the admin kindly remove this thread please. Angry Angry Angry
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 09:50:48 AM »

Hi all
This discussion is not a healthy one, I think. baz will not disclose his "business secret" FUP. All telecoms in UK tell its customers about their FUP and the limit in their small print. I think baz want to have a discussion here and make more publicity for his service so can the admin kindly remove this thread please. Angry Angry Angry

I do not really agree with you gudman.  The shortcomings in baz's OP / service have been amply highlighted by several weighty posts, and I cannot see that he has endangered anybody other than himself ( and the reputation / attractiveness of his service. )

IF there had been *any* attempt at deception which could have endangered members, I should of course have removed this thread, but I do not believe this to be the case at all.

Anybody considering subscribing is able to read the warnings for themselves, and no one should be misled.  Members should not be treated as kids in a kinder garden, but should be credited with some intelligence with which to make up their own minds.  All can weigh the pros and cons before making their own informed and responsible decision I believe.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
petkow

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 01:38:50 PM »

Completely agree. Removing this thread would not serve any protective purpose whatsoever (if that is the intent).

I was also wanting to post something along these lines a few days ago, when the first calls to remove this thread came up.... but didn't get around to it. Generally, I do not really ever like to see threads/posts removed.
baz

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 02:51:07 PM »

Many thanks to you Mobaholic and Petkow for your contributions to the thread.

The postings on this particular thread of the Members and Administrator of the forum reflect well on their personal maturity and experience of the sector. I believe in the integrity of our service or I would not have deliberately subjected it to the scrutiny that comes from making a posting on a forum that has such a knowledgeable panel of experts as this.

baz
baz

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 04:44:15 PM »

For those who prefer to use a service with a defined number of minutes, just wanted to mention that we also offer a calling card pack which gives over 1500 minutes to India for just £12.99 - see http://www.callingcardsdirect.co.uk/vmchk/Story/CCD-India-%C2%A35-3-pack

KRs
Baz

baz
petkow

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 08:54:04 AM »

For those who prefer to use a service with a defined number of minutes, just wanted to mention that we also offer a calling card pack which gives over 1500 minutes to India for just £12.99 - see http://www.callingcardsdirect.co.uk/vmchk/Story/CCD-India-%C2%A35-3-pack
Apart from spamming a pretty standard product, does this further revelation indicate that the FUP on the cheaper "unlimited" product maybe (or may eventually be) below 1500 mins?  Undecided I would hardly expect the same company holding 2 completely contradictory products: "You can have 1500 mins for £12.99 or better still, you can have unlimited minutes for even less than that".

The way I see these unlimited products is that small businesses often startup without an FUP while they try and ascertain what call volumes are really like during the first months after launch. The fact is that the vast majority of users never really get close to any FUP anyhow, and so those few high volume users are balanced out by the rest. This is probably the real reason why BAZ cannot disclose any FUP yet.

Still, I will not just let Baz off thinking he is vindicated himself here!  Wink I am not happy with the methods employed by the suppliers of this product. Whereas other suppliers tend to send users a warning SMS when users have been noted to be excessively using a product, instead this product decides to just cut customers off at an unexpected point. As I have indicated above, this is a subscription service, where users pay for the service in advance and deserve to either know when the cutoff point will be or at least receive a written warning. In my opinion, this is basically pretty poor customer care.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: