Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:23:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlimited Calls to India for £10  (Read 34964 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 11:26:05 AM »

I should like to make a few comments here.

Firstly, I agree with petkow when he speaks about customer service: I believe that his apprehension about a sudden disconnection is entirely valid, and this seems to show an apparent uncaring attitude on the company's part.  I should like to suggest to baz that he take this as constructive criticism, and feed it back to the service provider.  I personally believe that a warning text and email should be the least that a subscriber should be able to expect to receive when he is approaching a FUP limit - especially an undisclosed one.        Wink

However, it appears to be the case that the company does indeed offer two different products, and petkow's fears that the FUP on the unlimited product might be less than the 1500 minutes on the other may well be unjustified.  I should expect 'unlimited' to provide more minutes than 1500 to justify the term ( even though we all know that all companies abuse the term 'unlimited'. )       Wink

For the benefit of members I must disclose that I have received confidential information about the unlimited service, and although I shall break no confidences, I will advise any member with a heavy requirement to call India to opt for the unlimited deal as the superior offer ( i.e. not just the cheaper option ) - if they are thinking of subscribing to callingcardsdirect.       Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
petkow

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »

Thanks for that update MH. Good to know that my concerns were not valid and that the 'unlimited' is indeed more than 1500 mins after all. Smiley

And yes... I did mention what I did on both my previous posts on the matter as a form of constructive criticism to Baz. I do hope that they can make some changes with the mechanism of enforcing the FUP even if they chose not to disclose it.
baz

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 11:46:56 AM »

I have been away for a few days. Just noticed the post from BJ (I think) on another thread regarding phonecards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12173604

Just thought I would post to this thread to ask fellow forum members to note that Story emerged 'clean' from an Ofcom investigation (or at worst was not named as a perpetrator of misleading phonecard minutes).

BTW, any comments by members of the forum are always appreciated and taken as constructive criticism.

Also petkow, there is no question of users being 'cut off at an unexpected point' arbitrarily. There is a fairer process in place for dealing with 'fair usage' issues which involves contacting the user first. There is obviously the possibility of suspending the service (but this would only be in the most extreme cases).

Regards
Baz

baz
BCU
Learner

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 04:06:49 PM »

I have subscribed to the service after reading in google search result that this service offer 3000 minutes of calling for £10 but once you have reached your limit you can give customer service a ring and extend it to 10,000 minutes, Customer service is worst when i called them they said to me their is no fair usage policy if you have read something on internet it is right, so i buyed it, today i have finished with my calling minutes, i had given customer service a ring and they said their is nothing like them of extending your limit and for making more calls you have to buy a new card again, man this is fair cheating, misleading or fraud sale, please help me with some email or contact number to complain for them,
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 04:16:32 PM »

I have subscribed to the service after reading in google search result that this service offer 3000 minutes of calling for £10 but once you have reached your limit you can give customer service a ring and extend it to 10,000 minutes, Customer service is worst when i called them they said to me their is no fair usage policy if you have read something on internet it is right, so i buyed it, today i have finished with my calling minutes, i had given customer service a ring and they said their is nothing like them of extending your limit and for making more calls you have to buy a new card again, man this is fair cheating, misleading or fraud sale, please help me with some email or contact number to complain for them,

My reply #30 above gives a heavy hint that the FUP is over 1500 minutes.        Wink

However, I believe that the 3000 minutes you read online is optimistic, and the story about customer services extending it to 10,000 is pure bullshit !        Huh
You should be careful to be skeptical of unlikely information.        Wink
Common sense would tell you how impractical that would be.  ( It would imply a calling cost of just 0.1 ppm to India for instance, which is wholly unrealistic. )        Roll Eyes

I suggest you write it off as an expensive education about your own gullibility.       Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
baz

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 05:20:07 PM »

Well said mh.

It is interesting that BCU does not state where he read the 10,000 minute information. Also he does not state how many minutes he actually used and over what period.

If he arrived at his fair usage limit within  a few days, that suggests that he is spending several hours each day on international calling.

On the subject of fair usage, how many people spend 5 hours speaking on their mobile to someone abroad each day? How many people actually spend 5 hours on their mobile each day?

Would a reasonable person expect to get 5 hours worth of international calls each day from their mobile phone for £10 a month?

If you were to get a mobile contract that gave you 10,000 minutes per month it is unlikely that you would pay less than £75 a month and that would be for UK calls unless you have an international add on in which case you would pay more.

It is therefore completely unrealistic IMHO to expect to get 10,000 international minutes for £10.

The FUP limit for this product is set at a generous level so that an average user need never run out of minutes within the 30 day cycle of the product.

There is also a readily available telephone customer services desk for queries. The service provider has been one of a number of companies that were investigated by Ofcom recently. I am pleased to say that they escaped without censure unlike other larger and more well known brands.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12173604

baz
korny88

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 05:35:03 PM »

There is also a readily available telephone customer services desk for queries. The service provider has been one of a number of companies that were investigated by Ofcom recently. I am pleased to say that they escaped without censure unlike other larger and more well known brands.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12173604

Do you mean they 'escaped' for the time-being, but will won't escape in the future?

If they are doing nothing wrong, from what are they escaping?  Wink

Get a UK 0870 number forwarded to a number in Pakistan or India or other countries.
baz

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2011, 06:38:43 PM »

Do you mean they 'escaped' for the time-being, but will won't escape in the future?

If they are doing nothing wrong, from what are they escaping?  Wink

I should know better!  Grin

Need to choose my words more carefully next time. Wink

'Escaped' was used as a figure of speech.

baz
foneman
Learner

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 06:42:20 PM »

I called up Story Telecom on 0208 497 9210 to ask them about this service to find out exactly how many minutes do they define as fair usage policy. After a lot of um and ers they were not able to give me answer. Then they passed me on to their Customer services Team leader who didnt have much skills in customer service, anyway even that person could not tell me a figure.

What a joke. This is the first time I have come across a company that does not say their FUP. All other companies clearly state on their website but these people in the customer services at story telecom are a waste of space.
manofideas
Learner

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2012, 05:26:40 PM »

Hello All,

Thanks all mates here in this forum for not just this topic, but for many other too which had brought things that if they are genuine as they project as what they are.... Was about sweat my many £ for nothing, this forum saved it   Wink

Cheers
manofideas
codename: SHAS
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: