Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:52:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlimited Calls to India for £10  (Read 34661 times)
baz

« on: December 27, 2010, 10:00:38 PM »

Hi,

Do you mind if I bring to the attention of the forum the brand new service from Calling Cards Direct where you can make unlimited calls to India from your mobile for a monthly payment of £10 from your mobile. The site link is http://www.callingcardsdirect.co.uk/Story/CCD-Unlimited.

40 countries in total are available using this service.

Many thanks and Regards
Baz

baz
ganjbakhash

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 10:58:52 PM »

Hi,

Do you mind if I bring to the attention of the forum the brand new service from Calling Cards Direct where you can make unlimited calls to India from your mobile for a monthly payment of £10 from your mobile. The site link is http://www.callingcardsdirect.co.uk/Story/CCD-Unlimited.

40 countries in total are available using this service.

Many thanks and Regards
Baz

Good rates but not too low for other destinations like Pakistan!

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
BJ

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 06:20:58 AM »

As  Baz is promoting his own website i would have thought at the very least he would have declared an interest,or seeked admin,s ok before promoting the card here.

Worth noting  

•Call duration is restricted to 60 minutes per call.

•Calls are subject to a fair usage policy.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:43:21 AM by BJ » Logged
petkow

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 10:24:43 AM »

Though it may be obvious to most, it is also worth noting that you must make calls from the mobile that you registered on, and that you should ideally have plenty of free UK landline calls in order to dial their access number. The access number is an 0345.

Overall, it seems like quite a good deal, but you really need to be using the service a lot for it to be worth your while. At that point, the completely unknown FUP limit (Fair useage) may well kick in. The FUP for destinations like India may well be quite low. If it is anywhere close to 1000 mins, this deal is not worth it.  1p/min is what you can get with most non-subscription services anyhow.

Where have I heard of Story Telecom before?
HiPD

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 10:30:21 AM »

Where have I heard of Story Telecom before?

Maybe petkow you are thinking of your old friend piptaps IIRC?   Undecided

A message from the dark side you have Wink
baz

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 11:15:13 AM »

I do apologize for my transgression. I do have an interest in the service. I framed my post as a request to the forum for permission to hightlight this as a new service.

I appreciate the excellent work that the very knowledgeable members of this forum are doing.

Baz

baz
petkow

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »

Hi Baz. Since you are linked with the product, can you let us know what the FUP on calls to popular destinations is? (e.g. India)

Maybe petkow you are thinking of your old friend piptaps IIRC?   Undecided
Ah.. yes! I now remember it being discussed in the old niftylist/telecomforum days. (...Talking of which, I noticed it has magically resurrected).

I think Storytelecom is a Simplyfone product.
BJ

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 11:41:46 AM »

I think Storytelecom is a Simplyfone product.

No they are owned by Xfone Inc, a US publicly traded (AMEX: XFN) international telecom company.

I believe SF are/were agents of Storytelecom .

Baz runs Callingcardsdirect.  Smiley

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 11:43:49 AM by BJ » Logged
petkow

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 12:07:42 PM »

OK Thanks!
Baz runs Callingcardsdirect.  Smiley
Makes sense now! I wonder if he doesn't know the answer to the question about FUP? Seems strange to post here and highlight the word "unlimited", considering it is not really unlimited at all.
baz

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 01:23:52 PM »

Thanks for your thoughts. It is a great question (regarding the FUP). My post was not intended to misguide in any way. That would be foolish and self defeating.

In the telephony and broadband worlds, FUPs are standard as I am sure the forum members are well aware and are designed to prevent the abuse of sevices which would be 'unlimited' to a 'reasonable' user.

I believe that this offer will give the users call rates that could work out at worst 90% cheaper than the current call rates to India from 0844 access numbers. Will be more specific later if possible.

KRs
Baz

baz
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 02:07:14 PM »

Ah.. yes! I now remember it being discussed in the old niftylist/telecomforum days. (...Talking of which, I noticed it has magically resurrected).

Interesting !        Shocked

I notice that there have been no posts made since the 10th September until today - which is some down time !        Roll Eyes

I also see that Oron hasn't bothered to post a welcome back to old members, nor to explain the gap of nearly 3 months.       Huh

Communications hardly seem to have improved there !        Cry

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:09:10 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
srikanth.nuli

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 02:10:59 PM »

Interesting !        Shocked

I notice that there have been no posts made since the 10th until today - which is some down time !        Roll Eyes

I also see that Oron hasn't bothered to post a welcome back to old members, nor to explain the 3 month gap.       Huh

Communications hardly seem to have improved there !        Cry

Dear Mh,

Are your comments related to any of the above discussion? Who is Oron here? I I couldn't find any.

Regards,
Srikanth.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 02:27:42 PM »

Dear Mh,

Are your comments related to any of the above discussion? Who is Oron here? I I couldn't find any.

Regards,
Srikanth.

I am sorry Sri, but petkow's comment, and my reply, assumed prior knowledge of the rival forum.        Shocked

Oron is their admin.        Wink

http://www.telecomforum.co.uk/index.php       Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 05:17:11 PM »

Sorry to fragment this thread even further but exactly what is the policy regarding posting your own services?

I have something in the works myself though whether or not it would be of any interest to readers of this forum remains to be seen, however it would be useful to know whether it's going to get me into trouble to mention it here once it is ready?

Dave
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 07:35:05 PM »

Sorry to fragment this thread even further but exactly what is the policy regarding posting your own services?

The 'policy' is deliberately loosely drawn.  There is no automatic prohibition on posting about your own services, but it is courteous to run ideas past me beforehand, and I will not stand for deception where an interest is not declared.        Wink

In the case of this thread, baz owned up to an interest as soon as he was challenged, which is arguably a little late, but 'better late than never'.        Wink

If he had denied any connection, I should have messaged BJ and petkow for their reasons in alleging or suspecting an undeclared interest, and the thread would have been removed if there was reasonable grounds for suspecting a lack of integrity in the OP.

HTH.

mh.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: