Fone Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:57:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T-Mobile Reduce Their Fair Use Data Allowance From 1/2/2010.  (Read 10946 times)
BJ

« on: January 10, 2011, 01:01:41 PM »

"Changes to Mobile Internet fair use policies

T-Mobile is the only operator to give customers the Mobile Internet for a fixed-price. We never charge our customer's more than they expect for their Mobile Internet in the UK.  

Therefore you'll never need to worry about how many emails you've sent, how long you've been on-line or the ‘data / GB’s’

Browsing means looking at websites and checking email, but not watching videos, downloading files or playing games. We’ve got a fair use policy but ours means that you'll always be able to browse the internet, it’s only when you go over the fair use amount that you won’t be able to download, stream and watch video clips.

So Whats Changing? - From 1st February 2011 we will be aligning our fair use policies so our mobile internet service will have fair use of 500MB.

What Does This Mean? - We’ll always let you email and browse the internet and you’ll never pay more than you agree to. We do have a fair use policy but ours is there to make sure we deliver the best service possible to all our customers.  This means that you’ll always be able to browse the internet.  

So remember our Mobile Broadband and internet on your phone service is best used for browsing which means looking at your favorite websites like Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, BBC News and more, checking your email and looking for information, but not watching videos or downloading files.

If you want to download, stream and watch video clips, save that stuff for your home broadband."

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-support/index?page=home&cat=DATA_CHANGES

Opportunity to get out of your contract perhaps !

The current fair use policy depends on what phone you have got

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-support/index?page=support&cat=FAIR_USE_POLICY&tab=0&id=FA968
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:14:36 PM by BJ » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 03:58:29 PM »

Does that mean my FUP is going to get reduced from 3GB to 500MB mid contract, or does it apply to new users?

I'm getting quite annoyed with t-mobile today. Consider:

They want a £100 deposit to activate international calls. I've never been asked for that from anybody else.
They overcharge for premium rate SMS, e.g instead of charging £5 including VAT they charge £5 PLUS vat (I topped up my FishText account)
They overcharge for directory enquiries
They have ridiculous rates for NGN (40p per minute for an 0800? They must be out of their minds)
They claim to have a 3G sharing agreement with '3' via MBNL yet their coverage falls short in many places compared to '3'
Their 2G coverage is hardly great, even with the inclusion of Orange's masts

I'm having a hard job remembering why I joined them. Oh yeah, the 3GB FUP that I couldn't get anywhere else and which I might now lose.

Rant over! Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 04:02:41 PM by davegr » Logged
BJ

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 08:30:43 PM »

Lots of unhappy bunnies  Twittering

See  Twitter   @TmobileUKhelp
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 11:30:49 AM »

Lots of unhappy bunnies  Twittering

See  Twitter   @TmobileUKhelp

BJ, as not everybody is familiar with Twitter, is it possible to turn @TmobileUKhelp into a working hyperlink please ?        Undecided

It would help to be able to go straight there ( if this is possbile. )       Smiley

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Goodman

I hope I didn't brain my damage

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 12:46:29 PM »

https://twitter.com/TmobileUKhelp

everything that can go wrong will go wrong
Graham

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 01:20:34 PM »

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but can I add to your rant, please, Davegr??.. What about the fact that they charge you to collect your voicemail - they do not even decrement from your bundle allowance, unlike most of the other networks. They also charge you on top of your bundle allowance for call diverts, even to a standard landline number..30p a minute, I believe!!  Shocked
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:59:19 AM by Graham » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 02:54:59 PM »

To be fair that Twitter link only shows that T-Mobile have tweeted themselves and not the enormous flood of complaints Cheesy
BJ

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 02:21:29 AM »

T-Mob Forum clarify the decision http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/discussions/index?page=forums&topic=801038d04a790012d528dce9d0057cf

If your looking for complaints and get out out of contract ideas   Huh see

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2971328
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:28:59 AM by BJ » Logged
BJ

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 09:01:58 PM »

T-Mobile have now backed down after pressure. Grin

"the company has now said that the changes would be introduced from 1 February, "to new and upgrading customers only".

"There will be no change to the data packages for existing customers for the duration of their contract and we apologise for any confusion caused," said Lysa Hard, VP for T-Mobile UK."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12176567
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 06:47:02 AM »

It's lose-lose for them really.

Some people were let out of their contract
Some others, me included, were given a discount when they complained
They eventually changed their mind and applied it only to new customers after having already angered existing customers anyway
Any potential new customers will now think twice before choosing T-Mobile

Can they really be so stupid?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: