Fone Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:22:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy S Kies 2 Issue  (Read 6735 times)
baz

« on: January 22, 2011, 12:58:31 AM »

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S Android phone. I tried to install the Samsung Kies synchronisation software on my laptop. Although the Kies software installed, I found that I could not run the application as when I clicked on the shortcut, I received the following error:

Fatal error
Cannot find resource named '{stl_fvs}'. Resource names are case
sensitive. Error at object 'System.Windows.Setter' in markup file
'Kies.Theme;component/Resources/Theme_Default/Default_ToggleBut
ton.xaml'.

The solution?

It turns out that I had Microsoft .Net version 3.5 SP1 on my laptop.

I uninstalled this via the Control Panel and uninstalled the Kies version 2.0.0.0.11011_16_5 as well.

I then proceeded to reboot and reinstall the Kies and voila, it worked! I can now synchronise my phone and my laptop.

Just thought I would share this with members of the forum who may be thinking of getting the Galaxy S, which is an excellent phone for people like me who wish to be a bit different from the iPhone crowd.

baz
baz

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 01:00:28 AM »

Another thing, According to The Register, Galaxy S owners who accept Samsung's offer of updated firmware will invalidate their warranty according to Vodafone, which wishes to remain the only source of official upgrades.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/23/galaxy_s_uprade/

baz
ash

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 08:40:34 PM »

Even I'm in the ''non-iphone user''  minority group. I recently bought Samsung (Google) Nexus S. I haven't synchronised  it with my laptop yet. But I managed to get full contact list on the phone via gmail account. Phone has been good so far. But I must say that 3G signal quality is not as good as my old Nokia 5800.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 11:37:27 PM »

Even I'm in the ''non-iphone user''  minority group. I recently bought Samsung (Google) Nexus S. I haven't synchronised  it with my laptop yet. But I managed to get full contact list on the phone via gmail account. Phone has been good so far. But I must say that 3G signal quality is not as good as my old Nokia 5800.

According to what I've been reading in the press recently, non-iPhoners are no longer the minority Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: