Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:03:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uk and Intl Conference Calls Via A Geographical Number and More !!!  (Read 19672 times)
BJ

« on: February 13, 2011, 02:32:08 AM »

This relatively new service http://www.unitedconferencing.com/ offers a  free to use UK/Intl Conference Call service  via a UK geographical number instead of the usual 0844/0871 type access number. So if you have inclusive 01/02/03 minutes  no extra costs will apply..

The provider also offers geographical landline access from 17 other countries all going to the same conference bridge.
See: http://www.unitedconferencing.com/international-access/

Argentine,Bahrain,Canada,Denmark,Greece,Hong Kong

Israel,Japan,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Peru,Poland,Portugal,Sweden,Switzerland,Usa

So if you gave someone the six digit access code and local access number  in one of the above countries and they called in at the same time as you ,you would set up  a free intl call from your inclusive minutes,and they could have the same. Wink

Access is provided from some other countries via non geographical and mobile numbers.

Note : The UK  access number to use is  020 3347 7777 . The 01624 number quoted is  an Isle Of Man Number.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:26:01 AM by BJ » Logged
amitjajoo

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 11:38:30 AM »

Interesting  Wink
yoursinlove

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »

Hi BJ

Thanks for the great contribution.

I went through this, when I was reading following post by mobaholic in Irish call through board:

The calling method involved is to go through http://www.azabutel.com/ in Japan, which will earn you one unit per minute during the call.    Smiley

And this links opens page which directs:

Azabutel.com is no longer offering free international calling. We are sorry that we cannot offer this service any longer.

Please try United Conferencing for free conference calling from Japan to the USA, UK, and the rest of the world.

I have tried this service for UK, and it is working fine. Does anyone have tried for International Conference?

Cheers!

KHAN
TRuE_SpiRiT

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 03:25:54 PM »

Hi BJ

Thanks for the great contribution.

I went through this, when I was reading following post by mobaholic in Irish call through board:

And this links opens page which directs:

Azabutel.com is no longer offering free international calling. We are sorry that we cannot offer this service any longer.

Please try United Conferencing for free conference calling from Japan to the USA, UK, and the rest of the world.

I have tried this service for UK, and it is working fine. Does anyone have tried for International Conference?

Cheers!

how does it work because i have tried it didnt work or might be i was doing something different the way you were doing.
Thanks
jagga303

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 06:14:38 PM »

I tried this today to pakistan. a friend of mine in pakistan dialled the 0203 (uk) access number and the 6 digit pin code, i did the same and we tested this for 1 minute.
My friend in pakistan calls uk landline  from his mobile and normally costs 1 rupee per minute. But when he dialled this 0203 access number he was charged 15 rupees per minute which is strange as its a landline number and he should have been charged 1 rupee.
But the quality on the call was brilliant, absolutely crystal clear.
But I don't think I will be using this service as its free for me using my inclusive landline minutes but for friends in Pakistan it will cost them too much.
Graham

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 08:29:41 PM »

Interesting report. Perhaps your friend should challenge the cost of the call with his mobile operator in Pakistan? Of course, he could try calling the 01624 access number or an access number for another country  which may also cost him 1 rupee a minute..I wouldn't give up on it until you have explored more options, especially if the call quality is as good as you say it is.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:34:54 PM by Graham » Logged
andy

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 12:02:39 PM »

Note : The UK  access number to use is  020 3347 7777 . The 01624 number quoted is  an Isle Of Man Number.

It might be worth remembering that some providers, such as BT, have slightly different rates to Channel Island and Isle of Man landlines.

It's possible that they may be excepted from inclusive call bundles to landlines - I haven't checked, but I'd suggest anyone with such a bundle does so or uses the London number anyway
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:05:47 PM »

It might be worth remembering that some providers, such as BT, have slightly different rates to Channel Island and Isle of Man landlines.

It's possible that they may be excepted from inclusive call bundles to landlines - I haven't checked, but I'd suggest anyone with such a bundle does so or uses the London number anyway

A very good point andy.        Smiley

I would recommend that everyone uses the 0203 access number, unless they live on one of the Islands available.       Wink

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:09:02 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
BJ

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 02:06:03 PM »

A very good point andy.        Smiley

I would recommend that everyone uses the 0203 access number, unless they live on one of the Islands available.       Wink

Yes indeed   Smiley

Hence why i recommended they used the London Number in the first place.

Calls to the Isle Of Man and CI  are not included in BT, Talk Talk ,etc inclusive minute bundles .

If you want to call CI and I of M from BT you can use www.18185.co.uk who treat it as a normal geographical call and charge just 5p per call.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 02:09:30 PM by BJ » Logged
Graham

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 04:08:29 PM »

What about if one was calling from a UK mobile, BJ?  I believe O2 and Orange treat calls to IoM and CI geographic numbers as ordinary UK geo's, but I'm not at all sure about this. I would doubt that T-Mobile and Vodafone would include such calls as standard UK landlines.   
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:13:22 PM by Graham » Logged
BJ

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 03:27:05 AM »

What about if one was calling from a UK mobile, BJ?  I believe O2 and Orange treat calls to IoM and CI geographic numbers as ordinary UK geo's, but I'm not at all sure about this. I would doubt that T-Mobile and Vodafone would include such calls as standard UK landlines.  

I understand O2 still include them Graham ,and  that definitely T-Mob and Voda dont. Not sure regarding Orange. Smiley

On the Landline front i have discovered that PO Homephone treat them as ordinary UK Geo Calls and include them in evening and weekend inclusive minutes.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:30:59 AM by BJ » Logged
chava

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 01:11:27 AM »

Hello BJ, Could you please explain more about this service,i.e.how does it work, I tried it but i was not able to get exact way. Thank you.
Thanks
This relatively new service http://www.unitedconferencing.com/ offers a  free to use UK/Intl Conference Call service  via a UK geographical number instead of the usual 0844/0871 type access number. So if you have inclusive 01/02/03 minutes  no extra costs will apply..

The provider also offers geographical landline access from 17 other countries all going to the same conference bridge.
See: http://www.unitedconferencing.com/international-access/

Argentine,Bahrain,Canada,Denmark,Greece,Hong Kong

Israel,Japan,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Peru,Poland,Portugal,Sweden,Switzerland,Usa

So if you gave someone the six digit access code and local access number  in one of the above countries and they called in at the same time as you ,you would set up  a free intl call from your inclusive minutes,and they could have the same. Wink

Access is provided from some other countries via non geographical and mobile numbers.

BJ

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 03:55:39 AM »

Hello BJ, Could you please explain more about this service,i.e.how does it work, I tried it but i was not able to get exact way. Thank you.
Thanks

Can you tell me

Have you got inclusive minutes to 01/02/03 UK Geographical Numbers from a UK Mobile Or Landline?

Which intl destination or destinations do you wish to join the call?  Or do you just want to do a UK only conference
 call ?
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 10:46:53 AM »

(..) Not sure regarding Orange. Smiley

Inclusive on orange racoon contract priceplan Wink

chris

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »

Hi How to use this service Huh
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: